SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : hermeneutic helps or videos?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
reformer

hermeneutic helps or videos?

I have been searching for good resources on Hermeneutics. I had some suggest the Todd Friel video called, "Herman Who!" has anyone watched the DVD?

The other is called "Living by the Word Workbook", any comments on that book.

Trying to find something that is simplified, not bogged down with deep instruction. A hard read!

Mike

2008/6/9 20:48Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re: hermeneutic helps or videos?

Hi Mike!

I am currently listening to an online course in Systematic Theology (which is awesome!) and noticed that they also have a course in Biblical Hermeneutics. It's free, so you might want to check it out here [url=http://www.biblicaltraining.org/class.php?class=NT510]Biblical Hermeneutics[/url]

Danielle

2008/6/9 20:52Profile
reformer

Re:

Quote:

BrokenOne wrote:
Hi Mike!

I am currently listening to an online course in Systematic Theology (which is awesome!) and noticed that they also have a course in Biblical Hermeneutics. It's free, so you might want to check it out here [url=http://www.biblicaltraining.org/class.php?class=NT510]Biblical Hermeneutics[/url]

Danielle

thanks...good resource!

2008/6/10 6:09Profile
intrcssr83

Logan City, Queensland, Australia

Re: hermeneutic helps or videos?

I've got the "Herman Who" DVD. It's essentially a short hermeneutics course packed into a 1hr presentation. Todd basically goes through an overview of the historical-grammatical method of interpretation along with examples of sloppy Bible Study and misapplication.

2008/6/10 9:01Profile
Thommy2

Wisconsin

Re:

I would say www.biblicaltraing.com is awesome! I have also listened to a lot at www.ttpstudents.com which is also really good.

2008/6/10 9:53Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

Thommy2,

I went to the ttpstudents.com link to check out their statement of faith and this was as close to a statement of faith as I could find.

Does TTP have any traditional or denominational affiliation?
First and foremost, TTP seeks to reach all people, no matter what their background, with the truth of God's word. We seek to encourage all people to use their minds in their endeavor to find and love God. We do not have any denominational affiliation. We are confessingly evangelical and the materials (PowerPoint and Student Notes) are evangelical "on the last notch of the belt." This is not to say that the materials are without strong evangelical convictions and persuasions, but that when the material of TTP was created we created it so that it could be used by all Christians, representing all traditions accurately. Each church, pastor, teacher, or small group leader can use the TTP materials with great confidence that it will accurately represent their particular persuasion in doctrinal issues. We are committed to the Lordship of Christ, the inspiration of the Scriptures, and need to live a life in view of the coming kingdom.

This concerns me. Maybe I don’t understand what they mean by “confessingly evangelical” and evangelical "on the last notch of the belt." But it would have been nice to see a clear statement of faith.

Danielle

2008/6/10 13:46Profile
Thommy2

Wisconsin

Re:

Hey from listening to them they are both (two teachers) Calvinists, believe in the Inerrancy of Scripture, the deity of Christ, the humanity of Christ, and nothing that I heard was alarming. I think what they are trying to say is they are pretty lax...what do I mean by lax? Give them a listen...they don't drill on you if you are not a Calvinist and rather than saying "we are always right" they give "fair" views of other denominations. They are affiliated with www.bible.org

2008/6/10 14:07Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Most of what TPP does it informational. They explain all the different doctrines from different prospectives. Their goal is to inform people of theology in general. In other words they want the body of Christ to understand what theology is and what Christians believe- all Christians, which means talking about differing opinions. They try to be as "irenic" as possible.

EDIT: As was pointed out they have connections with www.bible.org and in turn Dallas Theological Seminary.

2008/6/10 20:51Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy