SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : help looking for a sermon by david wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
megz

help looking for a sermon by david wilkerson

hey all, i remember reading a sermon by david wilkerson but i cant remember the name. i tired a google search for it but couldnt find it (i tried some key words that i remember but nothing).
im hoping you guys can help me find it as the topic was brought up in conversation..
the sermon included a section where it showed the different attitudes by denominational types and went something like this (i think he used paul as an example)
had paul been saved in an evangelical church he would have been told not to bother waiting for gods instruction but to go straight out and preach the gospel (and not listen to the instruction that he should wait).
had paul been saved in a pentecostal church he would have been told that he needed to buy the pastors books and cassettes, etc

i think it had something to do with waiting for gods lead, or how the current save em and push em out attitude is wrong.. i wish i could remember more (i wish i could remember its title too). it was a text sermon i read online.

thanks in advance :-)

2008/6/8 2:38Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: help looking for a sermon by david wilkerson

Hello megz,

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but came upon it due to your question;

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=847&forum=34&post_id=187742&refresh=Go]The Reproach of the Solemn Assembly (audio transcript)[/url]

2008/6/8 10:43Profile
megz

Re:

hey crsschk,
thanks. it wasnt the one i was looking for but (long story short) it does speak against what im seeing and challenging in a church at the moment. and has given me more insight and responses to it. they're all for the manifestations of the spirit (falling over.. unbiblical stuff). so thats something i did need (without asking lol).
im still searching for the other one.
once again thankyou and thank God :)

2008/6/9 6:41Profile
megz

Re:

hey, just found it
http://www.tscpulpitseries.org/english/1980s/ts880523.html

thanks for your help :)

i was mixing up pentecostal and evangelical for fundamentalist and charismatic

2008/6/9 8:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.