Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : how to minister to sodomites

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sonofadam777

Rochester, New York

how to minister to sodomites

I have a situation that I ask you for prayer and counsel.

We have seven children, 14 down to 2 yrs old and a teenager boy across from where we live is openly a sodomite and expresses his affection publicly without any shame in our suburban neighborhood.

With the recent banning of the Bible in Colorado and now this...

please pray for America.. thanks.

Doug

2008/6/5 22:44Profile
Zionshield

Ohio

Re: how to minister to sodomites

Joe Dallas and Exodus International can help.

2008/6/5 22:50Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: how to minister to sodomites

Hi sonofadam777...

Quote:
We have seven children, 14 down to 2 yrs old and a teenager boy across from where we live is openly a sodomite and expresses his affection publicly without any shame in our suburban neighborhood.

With the recent banning of the Bible in Colorado and now this...

First of all, I don't think that this teenage boy is a "sodomite." In fact, Sodom was destroyed because of the wickedness within the city -- which included the wicked acts of homosexual lust. Since Sodom was destroyed by God, there just aren't any "Sodomites" around any longer. However, there are homosexuals who indulge in sin like the people of Sodom. However, I seriously doubt that they would consider themselves "Sodomites." If we are going to call them what they are -- let us use the right words. Otherwise, the word might come across as a slur rather an accurate description.

How do you win a homosexual to the Lord? I would suppose that it is the same way that you win anyone over to the Lord. How did you come to the Lord? You realized that you were lost and eternally seperated from God -- despite any of your best efforts at being righteous. Without coming to Christ, you would have been damned to the same eternal judgment as a homosexual, a serial killer, a ruthless tyrant or a liar. Yet by God's grace, mercy and love -- enough that He died upon the cross to pay the penalty of sin -- we can come to Him. We can know Him and be called His friend.

If you truly want to win this homosexual kid to the Lord -- show him the love of God. It is only the love of the Lord that can break the bondage of homosexuality. When this kid sees you, make sure that he knows that your love for him is real and that you care enough about him to tell him the truth. It is difficult to hate someone who knows that you love them. Remember, Jesus ate and drank with "sinners" (including tax collectors and prostitutes). He was willing to risk his reputation for such outreach.

Secondly, the Bible is not banned in Colorado. As wicked as the recent legislation signed by the Governor of Colorado is -- it cannot ban the Bible. It is an attempt by homosexual activists (originating from a lesbian who serves as a Democrat in the Colorado General Assembly) to legally ban what they consider "discrimination." This is a STATE LAW that cannot supercede the FEDERAL LAW -- namely the First Amendment to the Constitution that guarantees that "[i]Congress shall make no law....prohibiting the free exercise thereof[/i]." If any state law attempts to ban any literature or speech that considers certain lifestyles to be "sinful," it would be overturned on the basis of the First Amendment of the Constitution.

Brother, don't let your heart be troubled! We have read the end of the book -- and it all works out for the glory and honor of God! Sure, there are some difficulties, trials, tribulations and persecutions here on Earth...but this is sooooo temporary. We have the privilege of living forever with our God.

I will be praying for you, your family and your homosexual neighbor. May God use you as a light that reveals what is hidden by the darkness of this present age. Perhaps you will be the net used to draw this young man to the Lord? Be encouraged in Him.

:-)

2008/6/5 23:57Profile
theopenlife

Re:

My high school best friend was a homosexual (in the closet) before I (inadvertently) lead him to Christ. We would discuss spiritual things all the time; he was interested though skeptical. I just kept being his friend and he never tried to tempt me into sin of any sort.

One day he came to school and said, "I accepted Jesus last night." "What?! Really? How?" "I just realized I had no more arguments. The bile is true, and Jesus is God and Savior." I think he said he started crying and asked God to save him. He since repented. The battle for the first six months was bitter, but he emerged with great victory and has been on the foreign mission field and in ministries for six years.

My sister became a lesbian after graduating from bible college. A girl who I was seriously involved with after high school eventually fell into lesbianism and married a woman. Both of them need the same thing: Jesus for the smallest of sins.

I usually address the issue of our sinful hearts, and our failure before the whole law, rather than one point. But the scripture gives loud warnings to people who would attempt to be a Christian while holding on to "that one thing".

2008/6/6 2:29Profile
jiyouk

Re:

Quote:
One day he came to school and said, "I accepted Jesus last night." "What?! Really? How?" "I just realized I had no more arguments. The bile is true, and Jesus is God and Savior." I think he said he started crying and asked God to save him. He since repented. The battle for the first six months was bitter, but he emerged with great victory and has been on the foreign mission field and in ministries for six years.

Wow! Hallelujah for that!!
Amazing how God works!!
Very inspiring.
Thank you brother for sharing your testimony!

2008/6/11 12:38Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy