SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is being "Slain" really unbiblical?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

KJ... excellent! I say "AMEN!"

Krispy

2008/6/6 7:07
Mattie

Re:

KJ,

It is not division to discuss. My intention is not sowing discord or speaking harm towards anybody. So your comments that bringing this up will cause division I'd have to disagree with. But your entitled to your opinion.

I do believe much of what goes on today is fleshly and a false imitation of the Spirit.

Greg, you're article was great on this subject and brought lots of clarification.

2008/6/6 9:09Profile
Ruach34

Beijing

Re:

I also think much is in the flesh; as I myself was pursuing this experience, as if the Holy Spirit was all an 'experience.' I soon saw the error of this and turned to repentance and asking the Lord to search me and uncover every wicked way.

Greg's article was good. People responding to the Holiness of God in light of their own condition and wickedness.

This is the right way...

2008/6/6 9:56Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Mattie on 2008/6/5 21:26:29

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is alot of division and disunity in the body of Christ...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------
by KrispyKrittr on 2008/6/5 21:26:29

Quote:
...and a sure fire way to add to the division is to bring up topics like this!
---------------------------------------
Dear Krispy,

While I hold a similar view as you, Greg, and Kimmy on this topic, I do not agree to the way you rebuff Mattie. He should be able to voice his opionions and concerns just like all of us. He attacked no-one and he invited everyone to comment. We should be able to have a fruitful discussion here on this forum with him.

How will Mattie benefit from this discussion if you rebuff him right at the beginning?
You may may be right in your theology, but you are not right as you ought to be, you still lost you brother. If you disagree with him, why do you not try to convince him by means of better arguments?

I was caught up in much error myself and this forum helped me out of it. I got convicted by God and repented and changed and that should be our aim.

I have many friends who still hold to the errors that I got out, and in the flesh I would like to unleash all my better knowlegde full throttle on them, but I have to be carefull not to scare them further away from the truth. I want to be and example of "a more excellent way" speaking the truth in love.

narrowpath

2008/6/6 14:04Profile
Ema

Re:

"Some, a few, are earnestly seeking a true experience with the Lord and He will not disappoint those who seek Him with all there heart."

Amen to that.

2008/6/20 5:00Profile
wta

Canadian in America (Bremerton, WA) "A stranger in a strange land..."

Re:

At the blessing of the temple the glory of the Lord filled the temple and all of Israel fell prostrate. The glory was so intense the priest could not minister. The temple guards who picked up Jesus when they we preparing to kill him "fell" back when Jesus said he was who they were looking for. What was missing was the ushers/catcher preventing anyone from a bad landing and of course the blanket ministry reps who go around to those who are "slain" and cover them with little blankets that often have lovely logos are even scripture embroyded on them... Oh I don't recall anyone lining up either.

2Ch 7:1 When Solomon had finished praying, fire came down from heaven and consumed the burnt offering and the sacrifices; and the glory of the LORD filled the temple.
2Ch 7:2 And the priests could not enter the house of the LORD, because the glory of the LORD had filled the LORD's house.
2Ch 7:3 When all the children of Israel saw how the fire came down, and the glory of the LORD on the temple, they bowed their faces to the ground on the pavement, and worshiped and praised the LORD, saying: "For He is good, For His mercy endures forever."

Joh 18:4 Jesus therefore, knowing all things that would come upon Him, went forward and said to them, "Whom are you seeking?"
Joh 18:5 They answered Him, "Jesus of Nazareth." Jesus said to them, "I am He." And Judas, who betrayed Him, also stood with them.
Joh 18:6 Now when He said to them, "I am He," they drew back and fell to the ground.
Joh 18:7 Then He asked them again, "Whom are you seeking?" And they said, "Jesus of Nazareth."
Joh 18:8 Jesus answered, "I have told you that I am He. Therefore, if you seek Me, let these go their way,"
Joh 18:9 that the saying might be fulfilled which He spoke, "Of those whom You gave Me I have lost none."

All for souls,

wta

2008/6/20 8:27Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Hi Ema,

I am afraid that earnest seeking a true experience will not prevent you from being deceived. We have to worship him in spirit and truth. Those who rely entirely on their spirit and do not seek out the truth will be get deceived. Why do you want to have an experience anyway? When you are filled with the Holy Spirit he will not fail to witness to you and that is a worthy experience that every believer should have.
If you put the experience before relationship and truth you end up in deception as well.

This was exactly the way I became deceived.

Let me give you an example: Suppose a young man looks for true love in his live and goes to bars and discos to meet some lady with the intention to marry one.
His intentions may be true but it is not a recommendable place to look for ladies.

This is the trait of our postmodern culture. I want an experience quick and now without taking the pains of seeking him in the way he should be sought. The bible has told us already how to seek him and there are no shortcuts or "new things"

narrowpath

2008/6/20 8:50Profile
Ema

Re:

Im glad you pointed that out.
...That's why no one should try and seek the experience itself. Rather seek God first. Put all focus on Him, His word, and who He is. Nevermind self, nevermind emotions, nevermind "feelings", Just God -wholeheartedly. Faith should come before emotions. When Moses was leading the isrealites out of Egypt, they were walking by faith and not by sight. They didn't follow the piller of cloud by day and piller of fire by night or cross the red sea based on feelings. Faith in God should come before any emotions.

2008/7/3 1:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy