Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
repentcanada

The Bible Prohibited in Colorado

Today's Program - Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Bible Prohibited in Colorado
Senate Bill 200

After 400 years of religious freedom for those who wanted to own and distribute Bibles on their own property in America, the Governor of Colorado has put an end to it. SB08-200, signed into law last week will prohibit the issuing, circulating, and distributing of Leviticus 20:13. While churches are exempted for now, Christian schools, Christian book stores, private business, etc. are not.

Will we avoid a persecution against Christians at the hands of committed humanists in the next 40 years? While their may be a short term persecution, Kevin Swanson suggests that there may be a hope for faith, family, and freedom yet, at least for our grandchildren.

link to direct audio: http://www.generationswithvision.com/audiofiles/TheBibleProhibitedinColorado20080605.mp3

2008/6/5 10:07Profile
Compton

Re: The Bible Prohibited in Colorado

I don't know the exact details of this bill, but American Christians will predictably ignore any edict to outlaw their bibles en masse. The bible is a book that predates the Colorado senate by thousands of years, and will be around long after they are gone. Christians in this country may seem asleep, but any American government agency that tries to outlaw the bible in any measure, will shock the American Christian back into his ancestral Puritanism.

Psalm 46. Bring it on.

MC

2008/6/5 10:28Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

The following is taken from the bill:

SECTION 8. 24-34-701. Publishing of discriminative matter forbidden.
No person, being the owner, lessee, proprietor, manager, superintendent, agent, or employee of any place of public accommodation... shall publish, issue, circulate, send, distribute, give away, or display in any way, manner, or shape or by any means or method, except as provided in this section, any communication, paper, poster, folder, manuscript, book, pamphlet, writing, print, letter, notice, or advertisement of any kind, nature, or description THAT is intended or calculated to discriminate or actually discriminates against... SEXUAL ORIENTATION, marital status... in the matter of furnishing or neglecting or refusing to furnish to them or any one of them any lodging, housing, schooling, or tuition or any accommodation, right [marriage], privilege [adoption], advantage, or convenience... on account of... SEXUAL ORIENTATION, marital status... [which] is unwelcome or objectionable or not acceptable, desired, or solicited.

This would prohibit Bibles with verses like Leviticus 20:13.

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

This is only the beginning. Satan is at work...one verse at a time.

2008/6/5 10:56Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Guess the Gideons won't be able to have Bibles in hotels, hospitals etc in Colorado.

Satan is at work one verse at a time, but he's still going to lose.

2008/6/5 11:53Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hello...

If you live in Colorado, I strongly suggest [url=http://www.leg.state.co.us/Clics/CLICS2008A/csl.nsf/directory?openframeset] calling or writing to your State legislators[/url] and tell them about your feelings concerning [url=http://www.leg.state.co.us/CLICS/CLICS2008A/csl.nsf/fsbillcont3/BD7A295EB6F4460E872573F5005D0148?Open&file=200_01.pdf]this bill[/url]. While I doubt that the bill would be used to ban the Bible outright (the backlash would be enormous), it creates an entry foothold for homosexual activists in the future.

Christians will be prohibited from their First Amendment right of "free exercise." Since this is the FIRST Amendment of the Constitution, it has preeminent power that supercedes any subsequent state or national legislation. However, there are activists who would call any opposition to a particular lifestyle to be "hate speech." If you read this bill, it not only prohibits any sort of speech against homosexual lifestyle -- but any heterosexual lifestyle as well. In other words, if you speak, preach or pass out tracts against pre-marital sex -- then you risk violating the provisions of this law.

I urge you to contact legislators about this bill. This bill was introduced by Jennifer Veiga, a Democratic state senator from Denver and a vocal lesbian activist (and a lesbian herself). Many of the homosexual organizations view this legislation as "[i]another important step toward banishing all anti-homosexual speech from the state of Colorado[/i]." It will affect anyone whose views about sexual promiscuity differ from what is effectively legislated as "state accepted." Churches, ministers and even parents could be targeted.

My wife and I are praying about this. We will probably write a letter or call just to let the State Assembly realize that we will plan on avoiding Colorado in the future. Hopefully, they will realize that their clever little bill is actually "a wolf in sheep's clothing."

:-(

2008/6/5 12:15Profile
theopenlife

Re: The Bible Prohibited in Colorado

Compton said,

Quote:
Any American government agency that tries to outlaw the bible in any measure, will shock the American Christian back into his ancestral Puritanism.

That's a good word. Amen. Bring it on, if that's what it takes.

2008/6/5 12:49Profile
boG

Las Vegas, NV

Re:

Preferrably, Revival inevitably brings persecution.

But, if persecution must come first before Revival, then so let the children of God be provoked to their faces. For the people do provoke God to His Face.

2008/6/5 14:32Profile

Re:

Yet anyone can bash you and mock you for your religious beliefs? So much for our freedoms...

Is this why I gave up years of my life to serve this country? So they could take my freedoms away? Sometimes I wonder if my service was worth it... why did I bother?

Krispy

2008/6/5 16:37
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

This could be a first major step towards impending persecution against the Word of God and namely Christ Himself (and his followers).

May we be sober minded and prepare in our hearts.

2008/6/5 17:45Profile
Compton

Re:

I came across this blip today and thought it might be a little balm for any anti-Constitutional rash or burning you may have from all the monocratic lawmaking we've been seeing in California and Colorado.

6-2-2008

Tennessee Court Upholds Religious Liberties

A Tennessee court has refused to cave in to the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), which sought to ban religious expression at a Nashville public school.

The ACLU sued Wilson County public schools, claiming they violated the constitution by allowing student prayer events, National Day of Prayer observances and the celebration of religious holidays. The Alliance Defense Fund (ADF) represented parents.

“The court acknowledged that Christians cannot be discriminated against for their beliefs, and that personal prayer, mentions of God and Christmas references are constitutionally appropriate in school,” ADF Senior Counsel Nate Kellum said. “The ACLU hoped to wipe out every reference to God.”

MC

2008/6/5 21:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy