SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : 175 days until the Greenock, Scotland Revival Conference

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 175 days until the Greenock, Scotland Revival Conference

175 days until the Greenock, Scotland Revival Conference

LORD, I agree with You concerning the honor and the glory.

1. Lord, I agree that You alone are God and that to exalt myself as if I were God or to exalt any other created being or thing is indeed a most serious violation of the commandments given to Moses (Ex. 20:2-5).

2. Lord, I agree that You alone are worthy of praise, honor and glory, and I refuse to glory in myself or to seek or accept that praise and honor which are Yours alone. Giving You the glory for all that transpires in and through my life from this time forward will be not only my duty but also my glorious privilege (Psa. 18:3; Rev. 4:11; 5:12).

3. Lord, I agree that I have never had any reason to take glory to myself or to receive praise and honor for anything whatsoever I have done, for in Christ I live and move and have my being (Acts 17:28) and without Him I can do nothing (John 15:5b).

4. Lord, I agree that pride is a root sin in my heart, that it is foolishness (Mark 7:21,22) for I have nothing in which to boast except Your gracious mercy. Therefore I will steadfastly resist all tendencies toward self-exaltation or vain glory. I acknowledge that You have ordered me to humble myself (James 4:10; 1 Peter 5:5,6) and I will no longer insult You either by asking You to do what You have already commanded of me or by allowing pride to reign in my life (Prov. 8:13; James 4:6,7).

5. Lord, I agree that You despise corporate pride as much as individual pride and in consequence I commit myself to do everything in my power to eliminate the pride that exists in both the church and in society at large (2 Chron. 7:14). -Richard Owen Roberts

FREE EVENT TO ATTEND, PRE-REGISTER HERE: http://2008scotland.eventbrite.com/

2008/6/3 21:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy