SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Christians face arrest for preaching gospel

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Christians face arrest for preaching gospel

[b]Christians face arrest for preaching gospel[/b]

Two American-born pastors handing out gospel leaflets in a predominantly Muslim area of Birmingham, England, were threatened with arrest and warned of being beaten for committing what an officer called a "hate crime."

Arthur Cunningham, 48, and Joseph Abraham, 65, were handing out the leaflets and talking with local youths when they were approached and questioned by a police community support officer, or PCSO.

When the officer discovered the two Birmingham pastors were born in the U.S., he began a heated criticism of President Bush and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. ...

read more: http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=65922

2008/6/3 1:46Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Christians face arrest for preaching gospel

I read this article and thought it was mainly a personal attack from the officer.

I live less than an hour from Birmingham, and we have given out leaflets without any problems.

Not that satan can't start somewhere, and not that we will not face persecution.

But, the net is closing in.

2008/6/3 5:35Profile
Compton

Re:

Episodes like this serve as useful instruction not to make the mistake in believing that secularism is the same as tolerance. A society that is anti-religious, has no religious freedoms. Furthermore, secularism is Europe is proving to be simply too vacuous, and weak to stand against the deeper convictions of Islam.

It's amazing to watch a great people get kicked out of their own house without a fight. In general, it seems Americans are different then Europeans in this way. (Not just in this) This is one of many reasons America frustrates Europe I suspect...Ever since WW1 the heart of Europe has been appeasement while the heart of America is not...for the time being. I'm not necessarily talking about appeasement in war...but appeasement in all aspects of society and culture.

MC

2008/6/3 9:48Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy