SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Free/Cheap Correspondence Course

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
HomeFree89

Indiana

Free/Cheap Correspondence Course

If any of you know of a free or cheap correspondence course on general theology, would you please recommend it? I'm kind of looking for a theology 101 or a little higher.

Thanks!

2008/5/31 16:17Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Free/Cheap Correspondence Course

This isn't a correspondence course but Dr. Wayne Grudem has been teaching a Sunday morning class at Scottsdale Bible Church called Christian Essentials. The lessons are based on his book Systematic Theology and the teachings are freely available on the web. This isn't for egg-heads, it's Theology on a Sunday School level for developing an essential Christian worldview. An excellent resource.

[url=http://www.christianessentialssbc.com/templates/System/details.asp?id=31463&PID=337073]Christian Essentials[/url]

In Christ,

Ron

2008/5/31 16:35Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:

If any of you know of a free or cheap correspondence course on general theology, would you please recommend it? I'm kind of looking for a theology 101 or a little higher.

Hi,

I would recommend listening through these 2 series with Zac Poonen and take notes.

[b]Basic Christian Teachings[/b]
http://www.cfcindia.com/web/mainpages/basic_christian_teachings.php

[b]Through The Bible[/b]
http://www.cfcindia.com/web/mainpages/through_the_bible.php

2008/5/31 16:41Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

there is some free audio/video courses on itunes store. If you have itunes click on itunes store. On the left menu you have "itunes u" (university)

There are some great free courses, example concordia seminary has a biblical greek class, where they video the whole year of classes, so you can just follow along and learn koine greek for free :-)

there are many more classes like this.

I havent been through them, but i have found classes on church history and and other christian subjects. Pherhaps you may be able to find something brother

other then that i recomend you go through the bible with Zac Poonen. He has just finished his verse for verse through the new testament.

God bless you

2008/5/31 16:43Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Thanks everyone! This is great. I'll have to dig into these.

Thanks again!

Jordan

2008/6/1 10:25Profile
roadsign

Re:

Try:
[url=http://www.biblicaltraining.org/index.php]Biblical Training [/url] Click along the various links on the top and select the level you are interested in. The courses range from new believer classes to seminary level programs. The links page will take you to several other free online course offerings.

And by the way, there is nothing "cheap" about these - in that they are second rate. A lot of them are acutual BibleSchool/seminary lectures for real classes - by some outstanding evangelical spiriutal leaders.

It is exciting that through the internet, now many who cannot go to school for whatever reasons can still be discipled and equipped for the great commission. The more the better!

Enjoy!

Diane

2008/6/1 19:47Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

Hey Diane,

I just wanted to thank you for the link to the online courses. I was SOOO excited when I saw all the wonderful courses that are available and I started systematic theology yesterday. This really was an answer to prayer.

God bless you sister.

Danielle

2008/6/3 13:52Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
I was SOOO excited when I saw all the wonderful courses that are available and I started systematic theology yesterday. This really was an answer to prayer.

Danielle, May God bless you and enrich your life as you work your way through these courses!

Diane

2008/6/4 7:36Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Thank again everyone! I'm still checking into all the options, but the links that I've looked at are great. Praying about which one to start.

2008/6/7 7:26Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy