SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : August 7 - Judges 21; Acts 25; Jeremiah 35; Psalms 7-8

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MommaBear

Evans, Georgia USA

August 7 - Judges 21; Acts 25; Jeremiah 35; Psalms 7-8

If a man does not repent, He will sharpen His sword; He has bent His bow and made it ready.
He has also prepared for Himself deadly weapons; He makes His arrows fiery shafts.
Behold, he travails with wickedness, And he conceives mischief and brings forth falsehood.
He has dug a pit and hollowed it out, And has fallen into the hole which he made.
His mischief will return upon his own head, And his violence will descend upon his own pate. Psalm 7:12-16 (NASB)

Then the sons of Israel said, "Who is there among all the tribes of Israel who did not come up in the assembly to the Lord?" For they had taken a great oath concerning him who did not come up to the Lord at Mizpah, saying, "He shall surely be put to death."
And the sons of Israel were sorry for their brother Benjamin and said, "One tribe is cut off from Israel today. Judges 21:5-6

"Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, ‘Go and say to the men of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, "Will you not receive instruction by listening to My words?" declares the LORD. Jeremiah 35:13

‘Indeed, the sons of Jonadab the son of Rechab have observed the command of their father which he commanded them, but this people has not listened to Me.’"‘
"Therefore thus says the LORD, the God of hosts, the God of Israel, ‘Behold, I am bringing on Judah and on all the inhabitants of Jerusalem all the disaster that I have pronounced against them; because I spoke to them but they did not listen, and I have called them but they did not answer.’" Jeremiah 35:16-17

Our scripture reading today deals primarily with sin and its consequences. Sin cuts us off from Fellowship with the God of the Universe. In other words, sin separates us from God. All of our human reasoning doesn’t make up for it. Sin is sin.

Now the beauty in our reading is that Jesus will have a people that will go all the way with Him. They care called the Rechabites.

"We have obeyed the voice of Jonadab the son of Rechab, our father, in all that he commanded us, not to drink wine all our days, we, our wives, our sons or our daughters,
nor to build ourselves houses to dwell in; and we do not have vineyard or field or seed.
"We have only dwelt in tents, and have obeyed and have done according to all that Jonadab our father commanded us.

Then Jeremiah said to the house of the Rechabites, "Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, ‘Because you have obeyed the command of Jonadab your father, kept all his commands and done according to all that he commanded you;
therefore thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, "Jonadab the son of Rechab shall not lack a man to stand before Me always."‘" Jeremiah 35:7-10

The Rechabites were interested in the things of God not what the world had to offer. I ask you today, are you following Jesus wholeheartedly like the Rechabites or is sin camping at your door?
There is a way which seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death. Proverbs 14:12
Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I shall rescue you, and you will honor Me." Psalm 91:15
‘Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:12
Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I shall rescue you, and you will honor Me." Psalm 50:15

Selah…

MBear

2003/8/7 9:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy