SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : PRAYER FOR PLEADING The Power of the Blood

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

PRAYER FOR PLEADING The Power of the Blood

[b][color=CC0000]The Power of the Blood [/color][/b]

[b]Father, I thank You for the precious blood of Jesus Christ
as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.
I thank You that the blood pleads for me mercy
and all the provisions of your grace.
I thank You that the blood gives me access into Your Holy presence
and has purchased for me complete salvation.

I declare, affirm and bear witness to what
the Word of God says the blood has done for me.
I am justified and forgiven by the blood of Jesus.
The blood cleanses me from every sin
and removes God’s wrath from me.
I am sanctified, wholly set apart
through the offering of the body of Christ once for all.
I have been purchased for God’s eternal possession
by the blood of Jesus.

The blood has redeemed me from the guilt and power of sin
and I am set free from the empty way of life
handed down to me from my forefathers.
The blood of Christ purges my conscience
and sets me free from the dead works of religion
in order that I may serve the living God.
The blood redeems me from the curse of the law
and releases the blessings of God in my life.

The blood is God’s covenant seal upon me.
I am secured and made safe from all evil
and every guile of the enemy by the blood of Jesus.
I am victorious over Satan who is defeated, destroyed,
driven out and disarmed by the power of His blood.
By the blood I overcome the evil one and destroy his every work.
The blood is my assurance of God’s goodness
and the binding guarantee of His faithfulness in all situations.
The blood is my legal claim to every promise
and the entrance into my inheritance in Christ.[/b]

Colin Dye, 1995

Let us all pray for a more complete understanding of the power of the precious blood of Jesus Christ and it's supernatural effect on our new life in Jesus Christ.

Sincerley,

Walter

2008/5/29 1:33

Re: SONG about The Power of the Blood

A wonderful Song from the late 1800's

Would you be free from the burden of sin?
There's power in the blood, power in the blood;
Would you over evil a victory win?
There's wonderful power in the blood.

There is power, power, wonder working power
In the blood of the Lamb;
In the precious blood of the Lamb.

Would you be free from your passion and pride?
Come for a cleansing to Calvary's tide;

Would you be whiter, much whiter than snow?
Sin stains are lost in its life giving flow.

Would you do service for Jesus your King?
Would you live daily His praises to sing?

Words & Music by Lewis E. Jones, 1899

Sincerely,

Walter

2008/5/29 11:28

Re: Calvary

[b][color=990000]CALVARY[/color][/b]

When Jesus died on Calvary, He opened up for us the Fountain of His Life's Blood, from which we overcome the powers of Darkness--the devil and his demons.

"But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced His side, and forthwith came there out blood and water." John 19:34 ; Acts 20:28

"The LIFE of the flesh is in the BLOOD" Leviticus17:11,14 ; Deuteronomy 12:23

All of our confessed sins are atoned for, or paid for, by the ransom of His Precious Blood. Atonement implies reconciliation, peace, justification, salvation and remission.
Exodus 30:10 ; Leviticus 7:33 and 17:11 ; 2 Chronicles 29:24 ; Romans 5:9 ; and Hebrews 9:22
Our confessed sins are purged and we are made whole. Hebrews 9:22 ; Romans 3:25; Ephesians 1:7.

In Psalm 51, David asked the LORD to purge him with hyssop so that he could be clean from his sins. Hyssop was the branch dipped in blood and sprinkled on the Mercy Seat on the Day of Atonement. When David asked to be purged with hyssop, he was asking that his sins be covered over by the atoning blood. We know today that that atoning blood is the shed blood of Yeshua Jesus on Calvary for our sins.

[b]We are redeemed by Jesus' Precious Blood,that is, bought back from Satan's power over us,that he obtained in the Garden of Eden - the original Sin of all mankind.[/b](Genesis 3:6 and Romans 5:12) and Revelation 1:5 + 5:9; I Peter 1:19.

Once we are redeemed (bought-back) , we are then accepted into a unique relationship with Jesus---we are brought close in dialog by His Blood. Hebrews 10:19

And we are made more like Him, or sanctified, by His Blood. Hebrews 13:12

[b]Since we are bought back, we are no longer our own, we belong to Him.[/b] Acts 20:28;
1 Corinthians 6:20 and 7:23 ; Song of Songs 6:3.
This blood-bought Relationship brings a sweet communion and fellowship, when one begins to understand the depths of God's Love for us. 1 Corinthians 10:16 ; Ephesians 3:17-19.

[b]This unique Love that God has for us can best be expressed by His Blood.

His Blood is the proof of His 1OO % commitment toward us.

He could go no further than to give His Life in exchange for ours.

"Greater love hath no man than this,
that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13[/b]

[b][color=990000]Isaiah 1:18.
The Blood of Jesus Christ is powerful. It covers over our crimson stain of sin:
Matthew Henry: " What gave such power to the blood of Christ? It was Christ's offering himself without any sinful stain in his nature or life. This cleanses the most guilty conscience from dead, or deadly, works to serve the living God.

The Blood of Christ is so very powerful that it protects us from the Angel of Death: "And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood I will pass over you, and the Plague shall not be upon you to destroy you." Exodus 12:13

The death referred to here in Exodus was physical death.

The Blood applied spiritually here to our confessed sins saves us from the Second Death: eternal separation from God.......
2 Thessalonians 1:9; Revelation 2:11; Rev. 20:6; Rev. 20:14; Rev. 21:8

When God's Word tells us that the Blood is a token, that is saying that the blood of an animal--- used in obedience to God's command--- signified a greater truth. That truth is this : that someday God's own Son would be sacrificed for our sin, instead of an animal.....that Jesus' Blood would cover over us in protection from death and sickness, just like at Passover. But God would not do this automatically. He would have to be asked.

We would have to plead the Blood of Christ in our own personal circumstances, in order for the power to be released. "Ye have not because ye ask not" James 4:2 ;1 John 3:22.

Blood has a voice. Genesis 4:10

The Blood of Christ is not visible to us, but it is screaming red to demons.They can not remain in the presence of the Blood of Jesus Christ.
The Blood is God's Trophy whereby the demons were defeated at the Cross of Calvary.

Colossians 2:13-- 15
"And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh,hath He quickened together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses.

Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to His cross.

And having spoiled principalities and powers,
He made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it."

There, Jesus openly triumphed over them by dying a death not due Him, since in Him there was no sin, and therefore no cause for the death penalty.[/color][/b]

Sincerely,

Steve

2008/5/29 23:21

Re: Why we should pray the power of the Blood

[b][color=CC0000]Why we should pray by the POWER OF THE BLOOD:[/color][/b]

[b]Since the blood of Jesus is our ground of confidence in coming to God for forgiveness of sins, our mainstay in trouble, and the spring of all worthy obedience, so must it be our only plea in approaching our heavenly Father for all needed spiritual blessings.

If we wish to have our own souls quickened and revived, or a great work of the Spirit achieved throughout the land, and millions of souls converted, the name of Jesus must be our only plea, as we come to plead for these blessings at the throne of grace. [/b]

Another says:
[b][color=CC0000]In all true prayer, great stress should be laid on the blood of Jesus: perhaps no evidence distinguishes a declension in the power and spirituality of prayer more strongly than an overlooking of this. Where the atoning blood is kept out of view, not recognized, not pleaded, not made the grand plea, there is a deficiency of power in prayer. Words are nothing, fluency of expression nothing, niceties of language and brilliancy of thought nothing, where the blood of Christ - the new and living way of access to God, the grand plea that moves Omnipotence, that gives, admission within the holy of holies - is slighted, undervalued, and not made the groundwork of every petition. Oh, how much is this overlooked in our prayers - how is the atoning blood of Immanuel slighted![/color][/b]
[u][b][color=333300]How little mention we hear of it in the sanctuary, in the pulpit, in the social circle! Whereas it is this that makes prayer what it is with God. All prayer is acceptable with God, and only so, as it comes up perfumed with the blood of Christ; all prayer is answered as it urges the blood of Christ as its plea; it is the blood of Christ that satisfies justice, and meets all the demands of the law against us; it is the blood of Christ that purchases and brings down every blessing into the soul; it is the blood of Christ that sues for the fulfilment of His last will and testament, every precious legacy of which comes to us solely on account of His death; this it is too that gives us boldness at the throne of grace.[/color][/b][/u]
[b][color=CC0000]How can a poor sinner approach without this? How can he look up - how can he ask - how can he present himself before a holy God, - but as he brings in the hand of faith the precious blood of Jesus? Out of Christ, God can hold no communication with us; - all intercourse is suspended - every avenue of approach is closed - all blessing is withheld. God has crowned His dearly beloved Son, and He will have us crown Him too; and never do we place a brighter crown upon His blessed head than when we plead His finished righteousness as the ground of our acceptance, and His atoning blood as our great argument for the bestowment of all blessing with God. If, then, dear reader, you feel yourself to be a poor, vile, unholy sinner -if a backslider, whose feet have wandered from the Lord, in whose soul the spirit of prayer has declined, and yet still feel some secret longing to return, and dare not, because so vile, so unholy, so backsliding; yet you may return, 'having boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,’ (Heb. 10:19). Come, for the blood of Jesus pleads; return, for the blood of Jesus gives you welcome.[/color][/b]

Sincerely,

Walter

2008/5/30 10:13

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy