SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : New Bible translation promotes fornication

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Oh Yeah! Sarcasm.

Like Zac always says, it's all rubbish and can be thrown in the trashcan.

Actually, I prefer the KJV translation.

It's all DUNG and can be thrown in the trashcan.

A777

P.S. I know that is an old post, but Greg's remarks were spot on.

2011/5/3 12:52
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

Thanks, triple 7 for the good info. If we stick with the tried and true, we would have a lot less problems. By the way, it seems sometimes when "experts" don't like what the Bible says, they "retranslate" it...

2011/5/3 13:06Profile

Re:

Greetings JB1968,

I could be wrong, but yes, it seems that some kind of agenda is in play.

I had really never seen this translation and by sheer coincidence, searching something else, I found Greg's post.

While doing some other related searching, I found that the Archbishop of Canterbury (who has become quite chummy with the RCC) has become a DRUID.

Isn't it amazing how everyone (Christians) just accepts things that are so blatantly unbiblical, today?

I know that people don't like it when new bible versions are called Per-versions, but this Bible is truly and undeniably a PERVERSION. It is not worthy of being called God's Word.

It's blatantly Satan's Word. I wonder how the sales have been?

A777

2011/5/3 13:28

Re:

I think I will stick with my NIV. It works. What grieves me is this forum getting worked up over translations and not one hoot raised for the persecuted. I.lay my challenge down again for any man or woman to prove me wrong.

2011/5/3 15:07

Re:

Martyr,

I beg your pardon but a lot of "hoots" are raised in this forum for the persecuted. This forum is not just a one issue forum.

Martyr, I was just wondering if you are trying to establish that the person with the most "hoots" about the persecuted is the one that cares about them the most? The reason I ask, is that I have noticed that everytime you are dissatified with a post (especially related to the integrity of God's Word), you bring up the persecuted as if to "shame" the poster. I don't know if you realized this, but it is getting obvious.

It's like two Christians having a conversation on the sidewalk and one Christian shares with the other Christian that he just went shopping this past weekend and bought some things. Then a 3rd Christian, wanting to seem spiritual and shame these two brothers, interrupts them and says, "You know, that money could have been given to the poor." The other two brothers just look at him with a blank stare.

I've got that blank stare, right now.

A777

P.S.

Did you take this NIV Challenge the last time I posted it?

Instructions: Using the New International Version Bible, answer the following questions.
Do not rely on your memory. As the Bible is the final authority, you must take the answer from the Bible verse (not from footnotes, but from the text).

1. Fill in the missing words in Matthew 5:44. "Love your enemies, __________ them that curse you, ______________ to them that hate you, and pray for them that __________ and persecute you."
2. According to Matthew 17:21, what two things are required to cast out this type of demon?
3. According to Matthew 18:11, why did Jesus come to earth?
4. According to Matthew 27:2, what was Pilate's first name?
5. In Matthew 27:35, when the wicked soldiers parted His garments, they were fulfilling the words of the prophet. Copy what the prophet said in Matthew 27:35 from the NIV.
6. In Mark 3:15, Jesus gave the apostles power to cast out demons and to: ____________
7. According to Mark 7:16, what does a man need to be able to hear?
8. According to Luke 7:28, what was John? (teacher, prophet, carpenter, etc.). What is his title or last name?
9. In Luke 9:55, what did the disciples not know?
10. In Luke 9:56, what did the Son of man not come to do? According to this verse, what did He come to do?
11. In Luke 22:14, how many apostles were with Jesus?
12. According to Luke 23:38, in what three languages was the superscription written?
13. In Luke 24:42, what did they give Jesus to eat with His fish?
14. John 3:13 is a very important verse, proving the deity of Christ. According to this verse (as Jesus spoke), where is the Son of man?
15. What happened each year as told in John 5:4?
16. In John 7:50, what time of day did Nicodemus come to Jesus?
17. In Acts 8:37, what is the one requirement for baptism?
18. An important verse concerning Jesus as Lord, what did Saul ask Jesus in Acts 9:6?
19. Write the name of the man mentioned in Acts 15:34.
20. Study Acts 24:6-8. What would the Jew have done with Paul? What was the chief captain's name? What did the chief captain command?
21. Copy Romans 16:24 word for word from the NIV.
22. How does Colossians 1:14 refer to the redeeming power of Christ’s shed blood?
23. First Timothy 3:16 is perhaps the greatest verse in the New Testament concerning the deity of Christ. In this verse, who was manifested in the flesh?
24. In the second part of First Peter 4:14, how do [they] speak of Christ? And, what do we Christians do?
25. The three Persons of the Trinity according to First John 5:7 are?
26. Revelation 1:11 is another very important verse that proves the deity of Christ. In the first part of this verse Jesus said, "I am the A______________ and O___________, the _________ and the _______:"

As for the NIV - it is one of the worst translations of God's Word that I have seen. Indeed, it's not really a "translation" at all because they added ideas to the text that are not in the original. For example, they often translate the Greek word sarx (flesh) as "sin nature" which is absurd in the extreme. The Bible says nothing about a "sin nature." That concept is entirely foreign to the text.

For this fact alone, the NIV is exposed as an abominable translation.

Question:

Did Adam and Eve have a sin nature before they sinned?

2011/5/3 15:38
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

I agree Martyr. It seems like the whole entire world is receiving persecution for their faith, except here. But our time is coming. May the Lord wake us up.

1Co 15:34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

2011/5/3 15:40Profile

Re:

Why don't we receive persecution?

2Tim 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

A777

2011/5/3 15:50
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Good point. :)

2011/5/3 15:52Profile

Re: New Bible translation promotes fornication

Quote:
Why don't we receive persecution?

Actually, I think we do. Christians are being asked to leave workplaces if they want honesty. Temptation is everywhere in our faces out in the world in the billboards and the way both men and women dress. There is a disdain for truth and a coldness towards godliness which justifies teasing Christians for believing and trying to please God.

It may not seem much, but it is a secularised war of attrition on the saints which is so low key and individualised to picking on the lone Christian, or, general, that most people don't think it's happening.

By the time our children are at school they are corrupted way beyond what happened at school fifty years ago. This is persecution, because the only people it really affects and matters to, are Christians and God. And, mostly Christians fall for the ruse that they as an individual are the only person who notices.

Christians who don't think they need to be different from the world, or, don't think they need to make a stand, just bring the name of Christ into disrepute, because the world is watching all the time, to see if Christians are like Christ - pure, keeping themselves pure, kind, generous, helpful, loving, strong, representing a God who knows what is right, doing what is right.

2011/5/3 16:09
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

Quote:
Did Adam and Eve have a sin nature before they sinned?

Of course not, but they did have a sinful nature afterward. As well as the rest of the human race.

2011/5/3 16:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy