SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Innumerable Witnesses

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Innumerable Witnesses

Revelation 7:9 After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm branches were in their hands;

Does this passage not amaze you? We have a picture here of the end of the age, when all is said and done, we see a great multitude of people gathered before the Lord out of every corner of the world. Saints from the most populated regions of the world to the most remote, all will be present there that day. Here we see the harvest of all the souls of all the labors men have provided in the name of Christ. Here are those who were won in the largest of churches, as well as those who proved to be the lone convert of one missionary who gave his life for the gospel. All will be there.

And it is at this time you think God would number just how many those people are. For if every hair on your head is numbered by God, then numbering this great multitude would be a simple thing. But here it is at the end of the age, and God withholds revealing to John just how many people are before him. I think in doing that, God is saying that to know the numbers is a glory reserved for Him alone. This stands in contrast to man who wants to number everything. From David who took a census of the people, down to the present time where we count how many visitors and members we had attend our church service last week. We often glory and gloat around these things. Perhaps when a minister is asked, "How many did you run last week?" he should simply shrug his shoulders and say, "I don't know," and reserve that glory for God alone?

2008/5/25 8:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy