SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : My Grandpa's Funeral

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
HomeFree89

Indiana

My Grandpa's Funeral

Please pray, my grandpa just died yesterday after a long battle with Parkinson's disease. He went peacefully, but this has been really really tough.

The viewing is tomorrow (Friday) on my birthday and the actual funeral is on Saturday.

Please pray that the gospel will be presented clearly and that people will be drawn to the Lord. There may even be a JW coming whom my grandpa has witnessed to many times. :-D

The Lord's hand can be seen in this already in the timing of everything. We're so thankful for His presence.

Thanks,
Jordan

2008/5/22 8:33Profile

Re: My Grandpa's Funeral

My prayers are with you and your family during this time of sorrow for your temporary separation but yet joyful in knowing of your grampa's redemption in Christ Jesus. You shall be united again and this is the hope that we have in HIM. I too, pray the gospel will be presented clearly for the hearing of those who have not yet been born again, that are present there.
moe_mac

2008/5/22 8:44
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Jordan,

Scripture informs us that Jesus has removed the sting of death for the Believer (1Cor. 15). Knowing this person was ready to go, can give one so much joy.

When Dad died on April 6, 2007 - a day before my birthday - I immediately felt glad! He was 81 YO and knew life was difficult for him and that now he will finally be at complete peace. This was such a relief for me! I miss Dad but am so thankful for the life he lived and the inspiration he was to many. I indeed was and am still blessed. And so you will be, too.

Grieving the loss of a saint upon death indicates you were blessed much and there is nothing wrong with tears when you sense this loss. Allow this process to move along naturally and you will come out OK.

Will pray for you...

ginnyrose

2008/5/22 9:12Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Thank you both for praying.

Ginnyrose,

I'm grateful that my grandpa isn't suffering anymore and that he is with Jesus. At the same time, this so hard. However, I'm looking forward to saying hello after this goodbye in heaven. :-)

2008/5/22 16:54Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

Jordan,

You and your family are and will be in our prayers, we are sorry for your loss, but try to think of your loss as our heavenly Father's gain; Your grandfather has now entered into the full joy of the Lord.

Quote:
I'm looking forward to saying hello after this goodbye in heaven.

Oh what a reunion we will have with our loved ones who have entered into His rest before us; they have seen His face, What a day that will be
when we all will look upon His face together.

In His Love
pastorfrin

2008/5/22 17:16Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Praying. Be encouraged.

2008/5/22 18:14Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Thank you all for praying and for the notes of encouragement. The viewing went well yesterday. The Lord really helped. The funeral is today.

2008/5/24 8:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy