SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Warn, comfort, support

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Warn, comfort, support

"Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all [i]men[/i]."

- 1Thessalonians 5:14(KJV)

[b]warn[/b]

G3560
νουθετέω
noutheteō
noo-thet-eh'-o
From the same as G3559; to put in mind, that is, (by implication) to caution or reprove gently: - admonish, warn.

[b]comfort[/b]

G3888
παραμυθέομαι
paramutheomai
par-am-oo-theh'-om-ahee
From G3844 and the middle of a derivative of G3454; to relate near, that is, (by implication) encourage, console: - comfort.

[b]support[/b]

G472
ἀντέχομαι
antechomai
an-tekh'-om-ahee
From G473 and the middle of G2192; to hold oneself opposite to, that is, (by implication) adhere to; by extension to care for: - hold fast, hold to, support.

2008/5/21 23:25Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: Warn, comfort, support

"To him that is afflicted pity [i]should be showed[/i] from his friend; but he forsaketh the fear of the Almighty."

- Job 6:14(KJV)

"I am [i]as[/i] one mocked of his neighbor, who calleth upon God, and he answereth him: the just upright [i]man is[/i] laughed to scorn."

- Job 12:4(KJV)

When people are hurting, or confused, or distressed, are we quick to give them answers, or speak to them about theology? As if we can answer for God?

I think I have been.

Maybe what they could use more from us, is someone to lean upon. Or to listen to their heart, and their grief.

2008/5/28 22:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy