SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : BLOG: Revival Conference 2008...is in GREENOCK!!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 BLOG: Revival Conference 2008...is in GREENOCK!!

From Colin J. Campbell's blog:
http://www.colinjcampbell.co.uk/cjcampbell/Blog/Entries/2008/4/1_Revival_Conference_2008…is_in_GREENOCK!!_ .html

[b]Revival Conference 2008...is in GREENOCK!![/b]

posted Apr 1

From SermonIndex.net:VISION FOR THIS CONFERENCEWill God send another great awakening? Can revival still change nations? There are over 10,000 conferences that happen every year. The 'Revival Conference' is not to be just another conference but a honest, sincere, earnest plea for the desperate need of revival. There is no cost to attend the event. No materials will be sold. There will be no big bands. The conference will have the chief object to be God-glorifying. The speakers will come on their own accord trusting God for provision. There will be no emphasis on money during the event. The event will be a simple, apostolic, yearning for a genuine biblical revival in our day. The conference is hosted by the ministry of sermonindex.net and is a inter-denominational event. All sessions of the revival conference events will be live webcasted by christian.tv you can also host the USA event in your local church, for more information visit here: "Live" Conference Broadcast.Revival ConferenceNovember 25-27th, 2008Greenock, InverclydeScotlandNma alerted me to this today. There's a host of international speakers attending, the only one I know is Carter Conlon from Times Square Church, New York (but that's enough to secure my attendance I tell you - I heard him preach in New York last year). It seems those in charge at SermonIndex.net have chosen Greenock Town Hall as the location for a global conference for revival this November. Why Greenock? Perhaps recalling the last time revival touched this town in 1929 when (scion of the Welsh revival and) Elim church founder George Jeffreys held meetings in the packed town hall. It was after attending one of those incredible meetings that a young atheist Greenock lady called Elizabeth Taylor was saved...and later went on to found Struthers Memorial Churches (which I attend).The sense of history just makes this all the more exciting. I hear the sound of a distant thunder...From Revival Quotes for the Remnant:"Oh! men and brethren, what would this heart feel if I could but believe that there were some among you who would go home and pray for a revival - men whose faith is large enough, and their love fiery enough to lead them from this moment to exercise unceasing intercessions that God would appear among us and do wondrous things here, as in the times of former generations."?- C. H. Spurgeon"Is there any reason why the Church today cannot everywhere equal the Church at Pentecost? I feel that this is a question that we ought to face with an open mind and an honest heart. What did the early Church have that we do not possess today? Nothing but the Holy Spirit, nothing but the power of God. Here I would suggest that one of the main secrets of success in the early Church lay in the fact that the early believers believed in unction from on high, and not entertainment for men. One of the very sad features that characterises much that goes under the name of evangelism today is the craze for entertainment." ?- Duncan Campbell"Brethren, it is just so much humbug to be waiting for this, night after night, month after month, if we ourselves are not right with God. I must ask myself - "Is my heart pure? Are my hands clean?" - Comment from the Hebridean Revival"Revivals begin with God's own people; the Holy Spirit touches their heart anew, and gives them new fervor and compassion, and zeal, new light and life, and when He has thus come to you, He next goes forth to the valley of dry bones...Oh, what responsibility this lays on the Church of God! If you grieve Him away from yourselves, or hinder His visit, then the poor perishing world suffers sorely!" - Andrew A. Bonar"With some men it would seem, if they could control God's operations and manipulate His actions they might tolerate a revival; but to allow God a free hand, fills them with righteous indignation and horror. If only God would consent to become an 'ecclesiastic' and respect their dignity and decorum and beautiful order of service and ways of running the Church, they might condescend to have a revival." - William P. Nicholson"Revival comes from heaven when heroic souls enter the conflict determined to win or die-or if need be, to win and die! "The kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force." - Charles G. Finney"A church in the land without the Spirit is rather a curse than a blessing. If you have not the Spirit of God, Christian worker, remember that you stand in somebody else's way; you are a fruitless tree standing where a fruitful tree might grow." - C. H. Spurgeon"Revival is a renewed conviction of sin and repentance, followed by an intense desire to live in obedience to God. It is giving up one's will to God in deep humility." - Charles Finney

2008/5/21 17:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy