SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : your best life now; your worst eternity forever. Joel Olsteen,the flower of TBN theology.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

Rev__Enue wrote:
you people have it all wrong.
Yes, the love of money is the root of all evil but the appreciation of money is another thing altogether.

Incorrect Rev Enue - Money is the root of [i]all kinds[/i] of evil

2008/5/20 20:56Profile

Re: Johnny Cash: to ben

I think the point that Rev Enue had might just be wrapped up in his name. kinda a double intent; a pun....revenue is my name, and the appreciation of money is my game!...All done like the "KINGFISHER"

he "got" me too! lol

2008/5/20 22:48

Re: Let no man beguile you from the simplicity that is in Chrst.

Clintstone:I appreciate you getting right down to the root of it all. If we all stayed where you see we could be, baptized and remaining baptized in the Holy ghost and fire, we would be spiritual giants now.

Jesus said to Martha, "There is really only one thing necessary, and Mary has chosen the better part." That is sitting at His feet, and adoring Him. How long will I wait to do the simple one thing? Keep your place Clint at his feet, and pray that myself and others might return there, to our first love. In that place, you don't notice the heat, and the complicated stuff is obviously not where it's at.

2008/5/20 22:59
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

Brothertom wrote:

I think the point that Rev Enue had might just be wrapped up in his name. kinda a double intent; a pun....revenue is my name, and the appreciation of money is my game!...All done like the "KINGFISHER"

he "got" me too! lol

Yup, it seems I was "got," too lol. I'm suprised I didn't catch that before! ;-)

2008/5/20 23:07Profile

Re: Rev Enue

I have word from reliable sources that this was, indeed, Joel Olsteen. He's had that nickname since bible college.... ;-)

2008/5/22 2:48
clintstone

tulsa,ok.

Re:

thanks Brothertom for the encouragement,i am imbarrased at my spelling baptism wrong.I will enter His gates with thanksgiving and into His courts with praise. I often think in reverse. being a lefty." My soul ,i shall make her boast in the Lord" the psalmist says.martha is the soul that Jesus is happy with .Jesus praised martha's choice to boast, in Jesus, the Lord of all lords. Rejoice in the Lord always and the gifts of the Spirit will flow ,the Person of the Holy Spirit loves to interupt rejoicing ,thats when the soul boasts' in Truth only in the midst of His gates and courts in thanksgiving and rejoicing what a grand cycle of Love ever flowing.

2008/5/27 20:07Profile

Re: Your best life now...

That's your best life now, clintstone.

2008/6/2 17:26
clintstone

tulsa,ok.

Re:

john on the isle of patmos was given a vision to prepare him to receive revelation, until that vision john knew Jesus as one that he laid his head on and fell asleep on ,as good friends and as Christ The son of the living God . in rev. ch. 1:12-17. vision of christ, in all his relations, is all i need. my favorite song is, "be thou my vision". and fernando ortega does it great. my vision of Christ convicts and persuades me to holiness and He is a consuming fire with eyes and feet as such and words as such. the two on the road to emaeus said 'did not our hearts burn within us while we were in the way with him". watchman nee explains the vision in rev . well, i think the book is "the spirit wisdom and revelation" the best book to exsplain the travail of soul that comes upon me in His presence at Jesus feet in whorship is the biography of ,john praying hyde, that is his name, and i have had the privilage to meet and hear leonard ravenhill and his son what a burning heart in those two men . intersession and travail of soul is where the Holy fires burn in me and upon me, snow melting, touch me and you feel the heat, set next to me and you know i am in Him deeply and your heart will burn too when i am there. my shirts get soaked with sweat and my lips are on fire like they have fever in them when i am on my knees for any length of time,sometimes at work in whorship this tangible love between my lord and i, just burns through my whole being and in waves of a tangible fire all over my body, there is such a fullness of joy there none other has ever known. there is a tangible rushing wind that i have felt also , it felt like fans spinning around and blowing air on me ,and God has shown me that healings will happen when i preach and minister to people in prayer , i do not stay in this secret place all the time i have let the cares of this world and the pride of my life get to me i have fought against the Holy Spirit and have grieved Him so much in my life since becoming a christian.i am so glad confession is made unto salvation and that in my heart i still know His wonderful matchless grace reaches me. Jesus still loves to make His people marvel, i marvel at all that He has done and will continue doing in me, such hope , soldiers of christ arise and girde your armore on ,keep on the firing line ,stand up stand up for jesus... great inspiring songs ,heb.s' says we do not yet see all things subject unto Him, but we see Him.Jesus is the same as he was and now He is crowned with glory and honor far above every name that is named and john got to see Him in His glory and power and might that He is in now at the right hand of God ever interceeding on our behalf. whorshiping God leads me into intercession , worship leads me into visions of God's grace reaching out through me to a lost and dying world .these visions lead me into the meat of the living word which is the banqueting table that the heavenly Father prepares for us in the presence of our enemies, of psalms 23. heb. says the meat of the word is doing the will of God . pray in secret and be rewarded openly, john praying hyde and leonard ravenhill knew of this ,every man in God of full stature knows of this . brokeness is hardly ever seen these days. i call brokeness the only place the devil cannot grab hold of. i am going on and on now . i need to find a place to preach . i hope my words inspire thought and encourage to good works ,God bless and grace to you all.

2008/6/2 22:57Profile

Re: Clint: A slight difference between your faith and JOEL'S

I am encouraged to hear of your love for Jesus, and devotions, as I believe many here at SI are also.

We must never forget WHY we love Him, or are devoted to Him, though. It is because he willingly sacrificed himself, as the GODMAN, and atoned for our ever real sin, past and present.

In this vessel of purity, He finds a dwelling place; a temple. It is wonderful to experience communion with him in the fashions you describe, yet, do not suppose that you are to be glorified in this fashion, as an object of His affections, as an end for Himself. It's just a by product of His visit to you.

When we see this in a more clear light, then the focus of experience can be taken away from our own spirituality, and given unto a place of use by Him, and this always dwells with humility and hiddenness.

In communion, Jesus said, "REMEMBER ME." He offered His own Blood to the Father, for our "Success"; eternal Life vs. eternal Hell. This is something that Joel can never speak about, nor never will, in honest terms, for the Holy One does not dwell in him, nor can testify of Himself through Joel's lips. There is a big difference.

When He visits us, or honors us , it is always on His Terms, by mercy alone, and is never about our "BEST LIFE NOW.", but about His Life manifested through us. This is expressed through love, and often has little to do with our experience, as blest as it is.

Our fruit must be eaten by ANOTHER, not savoured within ourselves. This is our best life now.

2008/6/6 12:10
clintstone

tulsa,ok.

Re:

hello brothertom, good words , focus, be thou my vision is my favorite song to pray. charles finneys teachings on the attributes of love, explains humility, as a virtue, is a willingness to be seen for who we really are, i love looking into the living word and me finding myself in Him , by faith, only believe . praying in secret and being rewarded openly, i do agree that the ,rewarded openly ,is our fruit being eaten by another. i was greatly rejoicing in my happiest day, today , and that's the day when Jesu washed my sins away. there's fellowship in the spirit with us . happy day to you brothertom

2008/6/6 21:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy