SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Nonresistant and Nonpolitical by J. C. Wenger

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

pastorfrin wrote:
Moe wrote:
Quote:
We should not be worried about ourrr differences Pastorfrin, but being in tune with HIS WORD and standing for His righteousness. Actually Chris wrote the same thing I would have written if I had his education, I guess I could translate his post to the redneck version of it, but you have already heard that. SO I just say Amen

Worried? no, confident in Him yes.

2 Tim. 1:12
For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

And to this I say AMEN!

I can Amen that too brother and I know Chris can too.
God Bless Pasorfrin.

2008/5/18 16:40
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hello pastorfrin...

Quote:
You may want to read the whole thread before you start with your accusations, if you have then it is evident you belong to one of those “crowds” you are talking about.

Brother, I have followed this entire thread. In addition, you might be the one who also needs to read my post(s) again. There were no "accusations" toward you. You often accuse me of laying accusations, but I think that these are merely disagreements in beliefs.
Quote:
I have not been talking to you or about politics. I have been talking to a brother in arms and in Christ and we are well able to work out our differences.

Believe it or not, dear brother, your posts appear to be exceedingly [i]political[/i] (although in a manner that decries certain involvements or participations in various matters). Many times in which a brother speaks about his beliefs concerning voting, physical "defense" (both of family, neighbors or nation), etc... -- you seem to feel the need to participate in the discussion. Please afford me the grace to participate as well.
Quote:
I thank you for your concern, and trust the Lord will lead you in the Truth.

Likewise, I pray that we are BOTH led in the Truth. However, we need to both be teachable enough to realize that we are not sitting on a throne of infallibility regarding our doctrinal views. We are, after all, not yet made perfect in all things.

I apologize for any offense that it may cause you when I ask questions or participate in this discussion. But I suppose that you did the same with Moe in his conversations. I do not apologize for the thoughts behind my words, for I know that they are pure. I do apologize (in true humility) if they do cause offense, for that was not my intention. And, of course, I thought that it was indeed evident that I was not laying any sort of "accusation" at you.

God is certainly able to lead us and guide us to all truth as we seek it with a pure heart. I do and have read your many, many "Christian Non-resistance" posts with an open heart. Please afford any of us with whom you disagree the same grace. I love you, dear brother, and I mean this with my heart.

2008/5/18 18:13Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

Thank you brother Chris for 'your' wisdom.

Isaiah 42:18-19
Hear, ye deaf; and look, ye blind, that ye may see. [19] Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the Lord's servant?

and your uplifting words, I will continue to place my confidence in Him.

2 Tim. 1:12
For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

May His Truth guide and be the hope of us all.

In His Love
pastorfrin

2008/5/18 20:19Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Thank you, pastorfrin. I suppose that is the prayer of every believer. May we all continue to place our trust, hopes and confidence in Him. Our ultimate goal lay in the hope that we may one day see His face in all of His glory and perfection.

[b]Proverbs 14:34[/b]
"Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people."

[b]Acts 10:1-2[/b]
"There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band,
A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway."

[b]Romans 13:1-4[/b]
“Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.”

[b]I Peter 2:17[/b]
“Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.”

[b]Matthew 5:8[/b]
“Blessed are the pure in heart; for they shall see God.”

2008/5/19 11:04Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
we were once brothers in arms, but now we are brothers in Christ.

2008/5/19 13:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy