SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Husband praying for their Wives, Wonderful ! pray guide.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
awakenwithin

AZ

Husband praying for their Wives, Wonderful ! pray guide.

Has any heard of this, it such a blessing

I hope this would bless you as It did me.
I worte this after reading a Wonderful book, or I am reading and Praying from. Its a huge encoragemen to Me, Why? It has to do with prayer :) I love books about pray or pray guides. YOU can go to www.hismagnificence.com. to look at the book or print it out...
I was Greaty lifted by reading them and praying them for me. This book it for brothers in the Lord signle men or married a guide to help them pray for their wives useing the Bible. Which I can say for myself that being guided by word make our prayers so much more richer.

here my thoughts after reading it....
I stand in awe as I read and pray such prayers. My heart is stirred to tears; I cry out Oh Lord do these things in me. Would your unfailing love come to the door of my heart? Would you be so kind and disclose yourself to me, and draw me close. For I am eager to know more of you; help me to be faithful to your word. Restore again the joy and delight that comes only from you. For your word is my foundation and joy let it be I will walk faithful and obey the Word. Teach in me how to pray, humble this prideful heart, to know apart from you, what can I do? Let my cry rise to you, in thankfulness for your saving work on the cross. I have been encouraged for My God who is ever with me and knows all my ways. He sought and still does, he has and never will give up on me. So with His faithfulness he brought to these, that my prayer would praise and stand in awe of him. That he give me a rich passion again to seek Him. By his unstoppable grace always showering me it has water to restore my dry soul, and I can sing a new song to praise his Holy name. Although weary I was, disheartened, and fallen. Feeling in some ways in helpless state, he broke through and saves from my own self will. His call for me will not frustrated by my own sin. He has come hard after me again.

Here's a Copy of blog POst.... Gender

New Book Encourages Men to Pray for Their WivesTools: Print
E-mailPermalinkJeff Robinson
May 8, 2008
[Andrew Case is a second-year master of divinity student at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary who has written a book of prayers — Water of the Word: Intercession for Her — that a husband may pray for his wife. Case is single, but is praying these prayers already for his future wife. Water of the Word presently is available through the CBMW webstore. Case also writes and records Christ-centered, God-exalting songs and has been leading worship for the past 8 years. His songs are available for free download at www.hismagnificence.com. Case is a member of Clifton Baptist Church in Louisville.]

Gender Blog interviewed Andrew about his book:

Gender Blog: You are a single man, so what made you desire to write a book encouraging men to pray for their wives?

Andrew Case: First of all, I believe that, if I'm to be married someday, God has already ordained from before the foundations of the earth who my wife will be. I can pray with confidence because I know that He knows who I'm praying for even though I don't. Second, the Bible teaches that Christ intercedes for His Bride (Heb 7:25, Rom 8:34), even before she meets Him face to face (I Pet 1:8; Rev 22:4). Since His elect are the Bride, He is praying continually even for people who have not yet come to know Him. So if Jesus prays for His future Bride, then why shouldn't I? If I want to show Christ to the world and follow His perfect example, one of the inevitable conclusions is that I should pray for my future wife. I think this is obedience to Ephesians 5:25 for the single man. It isn't always obvious, and it's definitely not always easy. But I think every man who wishes to be married should diligently pursue such prayer. It's glorifying to Christ. It's sanctifying for the soul. It's romantic. And it certainly is a better use of the energy of a guy who's "burning with passion" than fretting or moping or worse. So, in a nutshell, that's the theology behind me praying for my wife as a single man.

God has also used many other means — big and small factors in my life — to bring about this joyful discipline. For example, I've learned through watching numerous friends and acquaintances through college and post college, that falling away and proving oneself to be an unbeliever happens all too often. There have also been many who have settled comfortably into mediocrity. Perseverance on the narrow road is a miracle of grace. I don't want "the cares of the world and the deceitfulness of riches and the desires for other things" to enter in and choke the Word in my wife before or after I meet her (Mark 4:19). God must keep her in the love of Christ (Jude 1:1), and I am confident that He uses prayer as a means to that end. I am keenly aware of the propensity within my own heart that Robert Robinson described in song: "Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it — prone to leave the God I love." Why not pray for her, as I pray for myself, that He would bind her wandering heart to Himself?

GB: How did the creative process work itself out?

Case: I didn't really sit down one night and decide that I was going to write a book of prayers like this. It was a slow, organic process. To make a long story short, when I was just out of college, I came up with a great idea (in my opinion at least). I bought one of those pretty cranberry, filigree ESV compact Bibles and began spending an hour every Thursday praying through Scripture for her. When I prayed, I used that Bible and highlighted the passages that I chose to turn into prayer for her. I thought this would be a good gift to be able to give her whenever she came along, to show her what I had been praying for her before we even met. This I did for a while, until I had gone through two Bibles. Then I decided to start writing them down, so I could reuse them.

Around that time a friend told me that he had been struggling to pray for and with his wife consistently. I wanted to help. So I thought, "If I compile these prayers that I've been writing, he might be able to use them, and hopefully gain some benefit." The number of prayers kept growing and growing, and when some other friends were about to be married, I thought that if I put the prayers in the form of a booklet like The Valley of Vision, it would make a practical, meaningful wedding gift. That's more or less how the book version got started.

GB: Are you praying some of these things for a possible future wife of your own?

Case: Yes. I'm praying these things for a possible future wife of my own because God clearly has not granted me any so-called gift of singleness. On the contrary, He has given me the same good desire He gave to Adam — for a helper, as it says in the Hebrew, "like opposite him." Of course, God has every right to give me such a desire and never fulfill it... for my good (Rom 8:28). But that possibility doesn't worry me, because praying Scripture is never a waste of time. I'm a Christian hedonist, and praying the Word of God brings me great pleasure. Moreover, it changes me because I get to commune with Him. If He were never to grant me a wife, I would thank Him still for leading me to compile these prayers not only because they've helped many married men, but mainly because I've met with Him sweetly through them. He's used them to conform me a little more to the image of His Son, and for that I am grateful.

2008/5/16 22:32Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re: Husband praying for their Wives, Wonderful ! pray guide.

has anyone look at this book?
Has it been encouragment to any one?

Blessing
cahrlene

2008/5/21 1:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy