SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Homosexuals want to force themselves upon the Church

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Homosexuals want to force themselves upon the Church

Soulforce, a homosexual activist group, continues to try to push its agenda on churches, schools, and Christian organizations. Its current program, The American Family Outing, targets six megachurches, including The Potter's House (T. D. Jakes), Willow Creek Community Church (Bill Hybels), and Lakewood Church (Joel Osteen).

One high profile member of Soulforce is Jay Bakker, son of Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker of PTL infamy. Before her death in 2007 Tammy Faye became an activist for homosexual rights.

Soulforce is pressuring churches to welcome homosexuals in a non-judgmental way. Jay Bakker says, "Let's put our differences aside and share the love and hope of Christ" ("Gay Group Reaches out to Lakewood," Houston Chronicle, May 8, 2008).

Sharing the love of Christ is one thing, but being non-judgmental toward sin is something entirely different. Churches should welcome any sinner to hear the gospel, but church membership is only for those who have been born again through repentance toward God and faith in Jesus Christ (Acts 20:21), and the new birth changes one's attitude toward sin.

Among the members of the church at Corinth were some who had been involved in homosexuality, but they had been converted and changed (1 Corinthians 6:9-11).

Tammy Faye Bakker appeared at "gay-pride" events nationwide, including a Tammy Faye look-alike contest in Washington, D.C., where she was "surrounded by men in falsies and pancake makeup" (Charisma News, November 2002).

She told them that "there's a God who loves them and cares for them," but she did not tell them that homosexuality is a sin or that God demands repentance. After Tammy Faye's first husband, Jim Bakker, went to prison for defrauding his followers out of $158 million, she divorced him and married Roe Messner, a family friend whose company helped build PTL's Heritage USA complex.

Referring to critics who said she should speak plainly against homosexuality, Tammy Faye said, "I thought the church was supposed to be a hospital and not a courtroom."

In fact, it is both. The New Testament church invites "whosoever will" to receive Christ's free salvation and be born again, but the church also judges professing believers who walk in darkness (1 Corinthians 5).

Krispy

2008/5/16 8:11
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Homosexuals want to force themselves upon the Church

I want to see them walk into a mosque and make the same demands from muslims.

2008/5/16 8:27Profile

Re:

Yea... good point.

Krispy

2008/5/16 8:42

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:

In fact, it is both. The New Testament church invites "whosoever will" to receive Christ's free salvation and be born again, but the church also judges professing believers who walk in darkness (1 Corinthians 5).

Krispy

If a New Testament church today is carrying out sound doctrine in accordance with the way the Bible sets it up, no practicing habitual homosexual would be allowed to join the church. Sound doctrine says those which were saved [baptized} spirit-water another can of worms, were added to the church. If these people who ask to become members are still living in that or any habitual sin, then they are confessing by their actions that they have not become a new creation in Christ Jesus. I believe some Pastors, Elders, Deacons are going to be very surprised at how serious God takes the authority he gave them in the church when they stand before HIM. It is plain to see from scripture if a church member falls into a habitual sin after they join the church, they should be confronted with love by the leadership of the church and ask to repent or move leave the church. Restoration should always be the goal. Homosexuality is no worse than any other sin, although it is easy to view as such. We as humans since man fell in the garden are all bent toward some sin that so easily besets us, but His Spirit within us prompts us and gives us the desire not to get down and wallow in it what ever the sin may be. Homosexuality makes me sick when I think about what a man or a women has to do to each other to be called such. God did not design sex that way. The Bible explains the subject very well and in detail in Romans 1:23-28. HELLO

2008/5/16 8:48

Re:

Amen... I have some friends that are considering how to handle a situation in the church they attend where there are several couples active in the church who are not married, but living together. The church leadership is very content to ignore it.

My advice to them is if the leadership wont deal with it, and "put them out" if they wont repent, then you need to leave that church. Period.

But people want grey... those of us who see in black & white are seen as "too rigid". Some folks are going to see just how rigid God is...

Krispy

2008/5/16 9:04

When the "candlestick is removed", so is the conviction of sin. Years and years of life according to self serving doctrines from self serving preachers and Pastors, such as the Bakkers and TBN, have left the body without discernment, that will only come with holy Conviction. This is why the Holy Spirit came, to convict the world of sin, righteousness and Justice.[judgement]

The Holy Spirit leaves, so does all Life. The "gay" agenda, of course, is deeply steeped in the Satanic self nature, and it appears, according to Roman's one and two, is a progressive sign of Apostasy in Society. I believe that it is an absolute sign of Apostasy when it is accepted in the CHURCH.

When repented of as sin, we become as white as snow, as clean as all of the Apostles and any Saint that ever lived. The real crime here is the injustice done to the offending homosexual. He is taught, and maybe wants to believe, that it is acceptable in the eyes of the Creator, to live in an evil lifestyle. This of course, will in the end, place you in a tormenting Hades, made for the one who deceived you in the first place, forever. I want to reiterate the Word, here, also. A greedy christian will not inherit Heaven, nor a heterosexual fornicator, male nor female, nor a liar, nor a drug user nor alcoholic....

It's easy often for the church to justify herself by pointing out the outward filth, and denying the inward fifth. Saying that, the Sodomite Spirit is surely wicked, and apparently grows in aggressiveness. See Lot's testimony.

I believe that any fellowship today that embraces the Sodomite as another cultural and acceptable lifestyle, and as a brother or sister in Christ, has already capitulated to Satan and anti-christ. [not necessarily the individual though.]

I am not worried or alarmed, though, in any way. They are just being "BUNDLED" for the harvest. The sad thing is that they are being bundled for the fire, not the Kingdom of Jesus.

Let us never fall into the trap of judging the sinner guilty, always holding the truth of sin and death, towards the sodomite, and with the other, the mercy and absolute healing with wholeness and joy of receiving Jesus as Savior and Lord. Jesus loved the sodomite, and does, and so do I. My love reflects Jesus's so that they would inherit life, and not death.

We need holy shepherds desperately. that will feed, protect, and manifest the absolute Lordship and Dominion of Jesus of Nazareth. These will keep the lambs safe in rich pastures of life.

2008/5/16 11:13
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
The church leadership is very content to ignore it.

The problem with these people is that sin is no longer shameful! The church in the past has been perceived as being too legalistic, judgemental so in order to rectify this situation, it has resorted to preaching 'love ' for these unrepentant sinners. In so doing, they have also lost a horror for sin and its consequences. So, to extend more love people will render them financial assistance to help them cope with its consequences...making their hell more comfortable. The battle cry is "love the sinner but hate the sin".

People have become desensitized to sin and all its implications, therefore there is no shame. Perhaps one would see a revival of a sorts if Christians would back off from being close friends with these apostates.

Man, I miss the time when preachers used to preach fire and brimstone...In my own denomination when preachers preached with passion, people responded, unlike today when preachers just "talk". Oh! **sigh**.

ginnyrose

2008/5/16 21:31Profile
Zionshield

Ohio

Soulforce was at Cedarville University recently. it was a perfect oppurtunity to destroy the lies in the minds of many homosexuals about the set apart ones (aka Christians). The school was well prepared and the students did a remarkable job sharing Christ with these people. Light always overcomes darkness. They don't know it, but they're walking right into the Father's drawing them to the Son. It is a good thing. It is likely that they will not get a more real experience of Him otherwise.

2008/5/21 23:28Profile
Compton

Re:

I want to risk a small tangent here...

Quote:
The church leadership is very content to ignore it.

Perhaps this is how a church changes from a thriving spirit-filled body fired up with revival, into a humanistic institution. By ignoring sin, we become unreal with one another. In studying the history of the remarkable methodist churches of the 19th century Ohio valley, one can almost pin point the moment when they hardened into a fossilized religious society: right about the time the class meetings were dying out.

Now in the 19th century, the class meetings generally were where the rubber met the road for the Methodist Christian. They were where the communion of the saints became tangible, where the unrepentant were locked out without apology, so that the brethren could safely inquire into one another's lives. After the demise of this accountability, discipline, sharing, and nurturing of one another, the Methodist Society started metastasizing into it's benign and public modern self...as one local Methodist historian seem to say, the music became dignified and quiet, and the preaching more humanistic. (The problem is that this particular historian thought that was a good thing...)

Perhaps, when we try to have church without facing the reality of what scripture teaches, the reality of our corruption, and the reality of God's holiness, we miss the reality of the Comforter that could empower and fill us. Our only comfort from that point on is living in unreality with ourselves, one another and with God. We remain unreal with one another, giving imitation grace that no longer saves from sin, but embraces it in sweet deception. Such spiritless caresses to the unrepentant abounds these days, because it is all some 'churches' have to offer.

Indeed, Soulforce makes it's appeal, quite effectively for some, with just this type of hollow powerless comfort.

MC

2008/5/22 0:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy