SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : CHARISMA- "QUESTIONS About LAKELAND"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
Talkn2u

Re:

Hesed:
I think that it is all somehow related. I did not know that until this past week, when my friend emailed me the latest edition of the ElijahList.
As I scrolled down I saw the CD advertised, and the Title "Pickling in God's Presence" by Todd Bentley.

You would have to know how long and determined I had prayed for God to open up my understanding, as to what was in error.
the CD is a man speaking scripture...and I thot, "This is the Word of God being spoken, but it is dead to me. Yet others received from it."

I was annoyed by it.

After much time of prayer and seeking God (His timing is perfect, the story too long to tell), He opened my eyes of understanding, and then I was able to present what was made known in my spirit to this pastor friend.

That is when he said that I was probably not at the level to receive this, because not everyone can handle it.

I love this Pastor. I have loved him and his family for years. I respect him. My concern is that he is not seeing this as false.

Altho...I am thinking that those who once may have fallen for this as real, are maybe realizing it is not.
Just as the Charisma magazine article that this post originated with.

I find it interesting that suddenly many who were NOT aware of this movement are becoming aware, and are not going along with it.

I hope I am not coming across as harsh. I apologize sincerely if there is anyone out there reading this and you feel that I am bashing something that has meant something significant to you.

I cannot express on a typed screen my love for people and my desire to see people come to know Christ. That is why my passion is so deep on this subject. I don't believe nor do I see evidence thru this man's ministry of people coming to a place of surrender to the Lordship of Jesus Christ, seeking Him above even HIS gifts and power.
The implication comes across that the anointing or the manifestations are coming into play because the minister has done something to bring the Spirit in.

I listened to a sermon by John Wagner, it was entitled "And Jesus Drew Near" ... the message was about the encounter on the Road to Emmaus. Oh my, the Love of Jesus as the two friends walked along the road grieving and in question.

They were engaged in conversation about Jesus; they were in love with Jesus. They had put their trust in Him. They missed "HIM" and their hearts and mind were on Jesus therefore "HE" drew near. Yes, the Bible says, "Jesus HIMSELF drew near."

Jesus Christ is the One who must Reign Supreme in all areas of our life...ALL areas!

How I wish my heart could be adequately portrayed in this email...I regret the inadequacy of my articulation.

Bonnie

2008/5/17 22:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy