SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : WARNING: LAKELAND REVIVAL IS COMING TO PHEONIX!!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: WARNING: LAKELAND REVIVAL IS COMING TO PHEONIX!!!

One thing that the enemy is doing through these debates on the Todd Bentley meetings is to stir up strife between believers and pit Christians against one another. It is the fans of Bentley and what is taking place at the meetings against those that believe that all this is of the devil.

God is not pleased with His children not using discernment and allowing themseleves to be deceived, but He is also displeased with those that bring divisions into the Body of Christ and are being used as instruments of the "accuser of the brethren".

There are many Christians that are supporting Todd Bentley and the meetings that deeply love the Lord and want more of God in their lives, just as there are many that love God that believe that this is all a counterfeit.

The Word says that we should "speak the truth in love". Those that are spiritual should be seeking to restore their fallen brothers in a spirit of humility, least they also fall.

When we divide up into these various camps that cause division in the Body of Christ, then we are just proving how carnal that we really are.

A spiritual Christian is one that will love the truth and will also seek for the unity of the Spirit in the Body of Christ. That is what our Lord prayed for, that we would all be one, even as He and the Father are one.

In His Love,
Mike

2008/5/15 10:39Profile

Re:

Quote:

AbideinHim wrote:
One thing that the enemy is doing through these debates on the Todd Bentley meetings is to stir up strife between believers and pit Christians against one another. It is the fans of Bentley and what is taking place at the meetings against those that believe that all this is of the devil.

In His Love,
Mike

Amen, we should always avoid strife. The main strife we need to avoid being is strife is against Jesus and His Word. The last person we need to be in strife with is Jesus. When we are in agreement with Him and His Word, look out. Until people get rid of the strife with Jesus and His Word, they will be in strife with His children, His Word tells us that. He said live with it, just speak truth.

2008/5/15 11:21
jiyouk

Re:

Phoenix..
Its coming to Korea too..
Two of our pastors are going there to see it.
I've translated the Charisma magazine article into Korean and posted into our church staff members site.
The people are pretty hyped about it here.
A lot of articles about the dead being raised and the evangelism taking place at wall-mart and hundreds getting saved.
Without even the slightest doubt, many here are taking it to be a move of God to make the deadening church come to life again.
We need your prayers.
Something like the editor of the charisma magazine said...
We are so thirsty for a revival here that the slightest breeze(or maybe no breeze at all) is being mistaken for a New Testament revival.

It seems like many koreans will be showing up at Florida soon "to come and get some."

2008/5/28 2:22Profile
Manana

Re:

I am replying as one who has been to Lakeland and experienced the "outpouring" of God there.

Biblically the way to decern if something is from God is to look at the fruit. People are getting healed, delivered and saved. They are giving their lives to Jesus not the devil!

A false prophet is someone who leads people away from Jesus, which is not happening here.

Maybe before people judge they should read their Bible and look at the correct way to judge! Which I again say is look at the fruit. The devil has not been known to lead people to him with mass healings!

John and Carol Arnott from Toronto have blessed this. So have a look before you judge.

2008/5/29 2:48Profile
DirkW

Netherlands

Re:

- healing, delivarance is no fruit
- galatians 5 > fruit
- the bible says that there will arise many false prophets preaching another Jesus
- and the false prophets will do great miracles, they will even send fire from the sky says the bible
- john and carol arnott are just people, no "okay, they've blessed it so it's a real revival", we should read the bible for that.
- there are a lot of posts where there is explained why this is no real revival and what's wrong with this movement. I suggest you take a look at the forum to read what's said about all this.
- God bless! And ask Him to reveal to you what's real, what's counterfeit etc.

2008/5/29 4:31Profile

Re:

"John and Carol Arnott from Toronto have blessed this. So have a look before you judge."

This statement implies that since two human beings whom I do not know have sanctioned, no 'blessed', the Lakeland event that I should not judge. Forgive me here for the harsh tone but this name throwing is ridiculous. Who are these people and why should I care? The Pope blesses too and he prays to dead people...so what? Where do people get the authority to bless anything?

And there are just as many people of God who are against this. If I told you Doug Perry said: 'don't go' and that he has not 'blessed' this what would that be to you? Anything? THEN DON'T THROW NAMES AND EXPECT THEM TO STICK.

What gives me the right to judge this without running to Lakeland??? Why the Bible does. Why are there so many warnings in the Bible about these things? So we can LACK JUDGEMENT??? You go and are conviced with your own eyes...that's fine... I will not go and still judge... period. I've been following these characters involved in this movement for some time now and let me tell you Bob Jones is a dangerous fraud, EMMA IS NOT IN THE BIBLE, and no one in the Bible were ever transported up to heaven, gutted by heavenly beings, then had 'truth' sown into them as Bentley has claimed. He's his own bible with absurd stories that are not Scriptural. So I could care less what the Arnott's think, I have what I need. Wake up!! Do you think a counterfeit is obvious to God's people? Counterfeit's are supposed to look like the real thing.

2 Thessalonians 2:9 (Whole Chapter)
The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of COUNTERFEIT miracles, signs and wonders.

Matthew 24:26 (Whole Chapter)
"So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it.

Jesus himself said don't go running after this stuff. And there's plenty more in the Bible where that came from. This will be my judgement, not who blessed what or who saw what.

2008/5/29 8:16
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

Quote:
Biblically the way to decern if something is from God is to look at the fruit.

dear manana, first biblically we must look at the main message of the meetings. look first at the doctrine. when mr. bentley is trying to lead believers into the "third heaven", have visitations with angels, etc, then we need to see that [b]his message[/b] does not lead believers toward Christ and the cross, but to extra-biblical things... things colossians 2 warns us about.

my fear manana, is that if all you ever do is look at the fruit, you can easily get swept away by deception because you are always looking at he end result instead of the means the person used to get there..and don't forget, the pharoah's magicians could turn their rod into snakes and make some of the same signs that God did with aaron and moses, but we know they were demonic signs.

just first look at doctrine, then if doctrine is right, look at fruit... just some advice friend.

phil

2008/5/29 8:46Profile
Limey153

Berkshire, England

Re:

I'm no expert regarding what has happened at this Lakeland Revival, I have never been and witnessed it myself however if what has been written about it is true then I certainly never shall attend their meetings and I pray it that the hype is short-lived.

In response to Manana's post I really must advise extreme caution because I do believe that the Bible warns us of exactly these kinds of happenings just take for example Matthew 7:21-23

"Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’
23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!"

There is quote I really love in the 'Charisma' article that I think is very fitting for many people today:
"The person who is bucking like an untamed bronco in a church service would benefit more from sitting still and reading the Bible for an hour."

Hosea 4:6
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge

2008/5/29 10:23Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy