SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : WARNING: LAKELAND REVIVAL IS COMING TO PHEONIX!!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

I have read some articles and teachings from this man, posted in another thread. This man have outside of the Bible revelations and teachings and visions.

If you accept this mans teachings, you must accept the rest, such as mormons and others.

there is no difference.

This has nothing to do with Christianity, there has been many threads if you do a search in the forums.

People need to stay away, but sadly because people have such an "itch" to see and experience the "new" thing and the "miracles" and "strange" things going on. They are sucked in.

And if not careful, being deceived.

This man seeing angels, they have "spasms" and attacks. Saying things not to be found in scripture.

Interesting i read Mohamed the islam prophet also had such manifestations when seeing his angel visions.

To quote Zac Poonen, why would i want to see angels? i want to see Jesus.

I feel a deep grief over this, and for people being deceived by this.

May God open their eyes

2008/5/14 16:56Profile
Billy7

Re:

Hi Zapthycat,

Here's an article about Lakeland by J. Lee Grady, the editor of Charisma magazine:

Honest Questions About the Lakeland Revival

I support any holy outbreak of revival fervor. But let’s be careful to guard ourselves from pride and error.

God is stirring deep spiritual passion in the hearts of the thousands of people who have traveled to Florida during the last month to experience the Lakeland Healing Revival. Since these meetings began in a 700-seat church on April 2, the crowd has moved four times to bigger venues, the fervor has intensified and the news has spread worldwide—thanks to God TV and online broadcasting.

Within a few weeks, the bandwagon effect was in full swing. It’s safe to say that no outbreak of Pentecostalism in history has gained so much international exposure so quickly as these meetings have.

I’m a cheerleader for the charismatic movement, so I rejoiced when I heard the news about revivalist Todd Bentley’s extended visit to Ignited Church. It was thrilling to hear the reports of miracles and to watch the crowd grow until a stadium was required to hold everyone.

“When we put bizarre behavior on the platform we imply that it is normative. Thus more strange fire is allowed to spread.”

When I visited a service on April 15, I was blessed by Heather Clark’s music and the audience’s exuberant worship. And I laughed with everyone else as I watched Bentley shout his trademarked “Bam! Bam! Bam!” as he prayed for the sick and flailed his tattooed arms over the crowd. Hey, Jesus didn’t pray for people according tothe Pharisees’ rulebook, so I’m open to unconventional methods.

But I would be dishonest if I told you that I wholeheartedly embraced what I saw in Lakeland. Something disturbed me, but I kept my mouth shut for three weeks while I prayed, got counsel from respected ministry leaders and searched my heart to make sure I was not harboring a religious spirit. The last thing we need today is more mean-spirited heresy hunters blasting other Christians.

I am not a heresy hunter, and I support what is happening in Lakeland because I know God uses imperfect people (like me and you) to reach others for Jesus. At the same time, I believe my questions are honest and my concerns are real.

My motive is not to criticize Bentley or the pastor who is sponsoring these meetings, Stephen Strader. In September 2002 Charisma featured a seven-page article about Bentley’s amazing conversion from drug addiction. I believe Bentley is a sincere brother who wants people to encounter God’s presence and power. No doubt this 32-year-old evangelist needs our prayers now more than ever, especially since he has become the focus of international media attention.

But as the noise from Lakeland grows louder and its influence spreads, I’m issuing some words of warning that apply to all of us, not just the folks in Lakeland. I hope everyone understands that these cautions are offered in love:

1. Beware of strange fire.The name of Jesus is being lifted up in the Lakeland revival, and three people came to the altar for salvation the night I attended. Larger numbers have come to the front of the auditorium to find Christ every night since then.

Yet I fear another message is also being preached subtly in Lakeland—a message that cult-watchers would describe as a spiritual counterfeit. Bentley is one of several charismatic ministers who have emphasized angels in the last several years. He has taught about angels who bring financial breakthroughs or revelations, and he sometimes refers to an angel named Emma who supposedly played a role in initiating a prophetic movement in Kansas City in the 1980s. Bentley describes Emma as a woman in a flowing white dress who floats a few feet off the floor.

All of us who believe the Bible know that angels are real, and that they work on our behalf to protect us and minister to us. But the apostle Paul, who had encounters with angels himself, issued stern warnings to the Corinthians, the Galatians and the Colossians about angels who preach another gospel or that demand attention. In Colossae, believers were so enamored with angels they had seen in visions that they became “inflated without cause” by spiritual pride (Col. 2:18, NASB). Paul was adamant that preoccupation with angels can lead to serious deception.

We need to tread carefully here! We have no business teaching God’s people to commune with angels or to seek revelations from them. And if any revival movement—no matter how exciting or passionate—mixes the gospel of Jesus with this strange fire, the results could be devastating. We need to remember that Mormonism was born out of one man’s encounter with a dark angel who claimed to speak for God.

2. Beware of bizarre manifestations.When the Holy Spirit’s power comes on people they may feel weak or even fall. The Spirit’s power can also cause people to tremble, shake, laugh or cry. Such manifestations are biblical and we should leave room for them. But where do we draw the line between legitimate experience and fanatical excess?

The apostle Paul had to deal with outrageous charismatic manifestations in the Corinthian church. People were acting like raving lunatics—and turning the church in to a free-for-all of unbridled ecstatic behavior. Paul called for discipline and order, and he reminded early Christians that “the spirits of prophets are subject to prophets” (1 Cor. 14:32). In other words, Paul was saying that no one under the influence of the Holy Spirit should act out of control.

In many recent charismatic revivals, ministers have allowed people to behave like epileptics on stage—and they have attributed their attention-getting antics to the Holy Spirit. We may think it’s all in fun (you know, we’re just “acting crazy” for God) but we should be more concerned that such behavior feeds carnality and grieves the Spirit.

When exotic manifestations are encouraged, people can actually get a religious high from jerking, vibrating, screaming or acting intoxicated. (I have even been around people who writhed as if in pain, or made sexual noises—thinking this was a legitimate spiritual experience.) But emotional euphoria doesn’t guarantee a heart change. The person who is bucking like an untamed bronco in a church service would benefit more from sitting still and reading the Bible for an hour. When we put bizarre behavior on the platform we imply that it is normative. Thus more strange fire is allowed to spread.

3. Beware of hype and exaggeration.Our hearts are crying out today for a genuine move of God. We want the real deal. We’ve read about the Great Awakenings of the past and we long to see our nation overcome by a wave of repentance. The church is in a backslidden state, and our nation has rebelled against God. We are desperate!

In our longing for a holy visitation, however, we must be careful not to call the first faint breeze of the Spirit a full-fledged revival. If we do that, we are setting people up for disappointment when they realize it may not be what we blew it up to be.

Some of the language used during the Lakeland Revival has created an almost sideshow atmosphere. People are invited to “Come and get some.” Miracles are supposedly “popping like popcorn.” Organizers tout it as the greatest revival in history.

Such brash statements cheapen what the Holy Spirit is doing—and they do a disservice to our brothers and sisters who are experiencing New Testament-style revival in countries such as Iran, China and India. We have a long way to go before we experience their level of revival. Let’s stay humble and broken before the Lord.

I am rejoicing over all the reported healings at the Lakeland meetings. Miracles are awesome. Crowds are great. But miracles and crowds alone don’t guarantee a revival. Multitudes followed Jesus during His ministry on earth, but many of the people who saw the dead raised or ate food that was supernaturally multiplied later crucified the Son of God.

It was the few disciples who followed Jesus after Calvary who ushered in a true revival—one that was bathed in the fear of God, confirmed by signs and wonders, tempered by persecution and evidenced by thousands of conversions, new churches and the transformation of society. We should expect nothing less.

J. Lee Grady is editor of Charisma.

2008/5/14 19:38Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Pray

Quote:
I GUESS I have to look at their side and see what they have to say. I don't really want to watch their videos, but I want to be on guard if I have to in order to see for myself. I want my judgement to be true, and not based off someone else's.

Hi Brother, been a long time ... good to see you again. You may have already come across this, but there are some links at the bottom here;

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=23445&forum=35]Not drunken, as ye suppose[/url]

2008/5/14 21:32Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re: WARNING: LAKELAND REVIVAL IS COMING TO PHEONIX!!!

thanks you, this is just two hours from my home

My heart desire to cry out to every brother and sister Awake , and quick lets get to our kneees. This brakes my heart, that this would come and but few will pray against for our city for these people. May every one in Phnx Tucson Az, let us be wise and start even this night but fast pray with who ever we can to pray and pray and pray. Let us pray brothers and sister. The time is now, not when it has passed. Let us be strong and stand for truth, lets tell as many Churchs as we know, oh that many would indeed pray. Oh God have mercy on Us. Have mercy on this state. Let us see! the battle at hand please don't let us delay but pray and gather as many as we can, but whatever we do let not it not be we didn't pray as life was at risk. Help us Lord. Please help us.

God keeps bring me to the book of nehimaiah. It is breath takig really. it made me make you weep. He starts with stateing his role. where he lives. you look at it his is at ease, life is good. Yet when he hears the report of the distress of the people of God he falls into weeping. Note he ask. he requires the state of the Church. Many people in america Don't care how the rest of the Churhes are doing.. really we are self cocrened and foused on self. When really if we ask we would be shocked and would weep Over the sad and wicked state of the House of God. Yes Gods people are in great distsree. can we hear their crys?

when he is told the walls are broken and gates burned. This means that they are in a state, weakness. what does heard mean it is to understand, to consider and listen and discern the matters in America what is happening. It is one thing to hear and go on with life. But to understand, and really listen bring froth action. Beacause it hits the heart.
when he sits down means he it still to listen to God, to tarry and to contiue in a state of weeping. and to fast is to come and be broken and follow and and quite one self. Why so one can hear Gods voice.

Now one thing I think was neat was that God placed this man there, it was his sovgrin plan, what does that mean for me. God has a prodince in placing whre he has for a good reason. why? So he can make me fit so I can carry out his call and so with the rest of His children. Amazing and wonderful. I think it must we take at hand where God has, where it is, that our hearts are broken for the brothers and sisters.

So although this man was at ease he didn't forget the weaken Church... or to as Gods people there distress was a burned to him. and so the state of Church should brake us. It would be my eager plea to all, not to let life and busy and ministry and all these things to keep us away from praying and fasting for this nation. we are not to be shamed or prideful or to busy to take time to pray. With great understand, comes great sorrow. Great love, comes great prayer.

I do push again and we must as Gods people begane to enguire the state of the Church what is happening. Indeed we will fall into slavary or have we already? Has not Gods holy people been trampled and abused. Such false teaching is not from God and many will hurt by this, Weep I say let us weep.

the walls and broken down and gates burned. marks " proverty and slavery very dangerouse for the emenies that they might use us as a prey" Awake america Awake up
let us have deep affliction and deep cocern may grief be in out hearts. fast and pray in secert ....

When they came against them, when in great oppstion they didn't stop "So we rebuilt the wall till all of it reached half its height, for the people worked with all their heart." may we not give but keep on in his work. "the repairs to Jerusalem's walls had gone ahead and that the gaps were being closed, they were very angry. 8 They all plotted together to come and fight against Jerusalem and stir up trouble against it. 9 But we prayed to our God and posted a guard day and night to meet this threat."

"Therefore I stationed some of the people behind the lowest points of the wall at the exposed places, posting them by families, with their swords, spears and bows"

"When our enemies heard that we were aware of their plot and that God had frustrated it, we all returned to the wall, each to his own work"

" From that day on, half of my men did the work, while the other half were equipped with spears, shields, bows and armor. The officers posted themselves behind all the people of Judah 17 who were building the wall. Those who carried materials did their work with one hand and held a weapon in the other, 18 and each of the builders wore his sword at his side as he worked. But the man who sounded the trumpet stayed with me.

19 Then I said to the nobles, the officials and the rest of the people, "The work is extensive and spread out, and we are widely separated from each other along the wall. 20 Wherever you hear the sound of the trumpet, join us there. Our God will fight for us!""

My dear beloved let us be wake to the oppstion, and has not the trumpet gone froth let us gather. and God will fight for us.

In Christ Holy this is were I rest.
charlene

2008/5/15 0:10Profile

Re:

I would like to put some thoughts out here for examination this guy Bentley for thought.

If he is and it appears to me that he is a false prophet, can God not take care of this guy one way or the other?

If Bentley is false, can God not save him?

We must warn others of false prophets, but do we give him a tremendous amount of attention to them?

Are the false prophet or the ones referred to in scripture as obvious in their falseness as Bentley is?

Did the Bible not say that the real false prophets, or the antichrist will be so smooth that he might could even fool the elect, if were possible? Does this passage fit this guy Bentley?

Excuse me, but those ear rings and piercings of the flesh doesn't appear to be as one masquerading himself an angel of light. It could be if he did repent of his tattoos and got rid of the ear rings.

If we expose all the false prophets will we have enough space for the mormons, catholics, etc?

2008/5/15 8:23

Re:

The Bible says that MANY false prophets will come IN ACCORDANCE with the lawless one who has been at work from the beginning. Anyone who is false and uses the name of Jesus I believe fits this description. He's considered part of the church by many and judgment starts with us. The Bible says that they receive a 'spirit of delusion' or something to that effect because they seek the 'signs and wonders' rather than Christ himself.

So if this spirit is working in Bentley, as overt as he is in thumbing his nose at truth in scripture, how much more will people be decieved when the lawless one is revealed?

2008/5/15 8:39

Re:

Yes sir, that's what my Bible says to and you don't have to answer the questions if you don't want to.

2008/5/15 8:48

Re:

I was expounding on the 4th and 5th questions and putting out kind of rhetorical question at the end. I thought I was in agreement that Bentley does fit the description provided. If this isn't a proper response then I apologize.

2008/5/15 9:01

Re:

No problem, I'm just simple minded and slow to comprehend, sometimes people have to draw me a picture.
Thanks Brother.

2008/5/15 9:07

Re:

No offense taken here, you didn't do anything I haven't done... sometimes my intent isn't clear at times as well. Onward Brother.

2008/5/15 9:16

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy