SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Ravi Zacharias refutes the Emergent Church! (video)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Ravi Zacharias refutes the Emergent Church! (video)

Thanks for posting this link. I was blessed listening to it.

ginnyrose

2008/5/22 12:20Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

This controversy reminds me of a situation I was in 20 years ago.

At CPC we were invited by the local public school district to offer an abstinence program at the high school. This involved a lot of work on my part because I was the only worker from this county.

We considered it a privilege and an honor to be able to go in there and teach abstinence. The school health nurse was putting on a "health program" and wanted our input.

We worked and got all things ready. The director brought other volunteers along that day. Everything was going well. The director spoke as well as me. Now we were told we could not mention God or the Bible and we thought "OK, we won't but there is more then one way to skin a cat"...and that we did. I quoted Scripture all through my talk, but paraphrased it completely into modern English - I did not know I could do it as well as I did - 'twas the Holy Spirit giving me those words, I promise!

Anyhow, things were going real well until one of the volunteers got into a fiery argument with the organizer because she told the audience that if abstinence cannot be followed they should use the pill. Then we were told to leave the campus and we could not finish our presentation. (They liked our presentation, BTW.)

I was sick. We were guests of the school and they had every right to say what they wished. I may not have liked it, but we were there to offer an alternative to the prevailing thought. Anyhow, I was sick...and learned a few lessons:

1. Make sure you know your assistants well and that we are all on the same page. I assumed we were because the director brought her along. I would have been better off doing it by myself.
2. Make sure you are all on the same spiritual wavelength. This volunteer had the devil in her eyes and I have never seen her since without it.

Anyhow, just thought I would share this to give y'all something to think about...

ginnyrose

2008/5/22 14:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy