SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : How 'emerging church' movement could change U.S. religious landscape

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Enid wrote:

Quote:
So, I'm wrong

Just stay there! I'll stand with you! :-)

ginnyrose

2008/5/29 9:06Profile
Fuegodedios

Richmond, VA

Re:

I feel that this is just a picture of what is to come. I feel this is the beginning of the great apostasy the apostle paul talked about and the beginning of the laodicean church mindset that continues to try to invade the church. which is self sufficent, self seeking, and totally consumed with the world and the pride of life that goes with it. instead of jesus, his plans and purposes these folks will be come more self seeking deceiving and being deceived. Remember Revelation 3: 14-18

14And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

15I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

16So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

17Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

18I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

This self seeking church will be the platform upon which the antichrist will stand upon and deceive millions. Let us be sober and vigilant as Gods word instructs us to be. And thank God for post like this that warn us of the coming deception that is already at work. This is just an observation of what is happening today my friends.

2008/5/29 9:15Profile
HindsFeet

Re:

"This self seeking church will be the platform upon which the antichrist will stand upon and deceive millions...."

I believe we need to remember that we need to pray for and love those caught up in these deceptions. Many/most may be truely seeking the Lord and not firmly grounded in His Word and Truth--and thus, led away but doctrines that tickle the ears, for feed their flesh.

I want to encourage the Body to PRAY for deliverance for those caught up in various doctrines and pray for the strengthening of the Body of Christ. We are called to love the Lord with all our heart, mind, spirit, and soul--and to love our neighbor as ourselves. That does not need we need to agree--but to get on our knees and pray for the deceived and lost.

The end is near--keep our lamps full and be ready to give an account of the Hope that is within us.

2008/6/10 10:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy