Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Pastoral Malpractice

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Funny, I thought the gospel was about the kingdom of God and the man named Jesus who was crucified for my sins and risen after three days? I think issues regarding sin, repentance, righteousness, etc., are secondary to this primary issue. Then comes the other stuff. Sadly, even J. I. Packer has it wrong here.

2008/5/6 22:58Profile

Re:

Quote:
I was just ribbing Krispy. Actually, in all fairness, he hasn't brought up the issue for quite awhile.

And I took it as ribbing... no problem. I do harp on Calvinism, but you have to admit that I harp on a lot of things. Let's see... Word of Faith, Bible versions, liberal politics, etc etc...

So even tho I do constantly harp on Calvinism... it's certainly not the only thing I constantly harp on!

We havent had a good Bible version discussion in awhile!

Oh, and I really didnt say anything negative about Calvinism in this thread. Just pointed out that [i]some[/i] Calvinist preachers only preach about Calvinsim, as if there wasnt a whole Bible that needed to be preached as well.

Krispy

2008/5/7 8:20

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Quote:
I was just ribbing Krispy. Actually, in all fairness, he hasn't brought up the issue for quite awhile.

And I took it as ribbing... no problem. I do harp on Calvinism, but you have to admit that I harp on a lot of things. Let's see... Word of Faith, Bible versions, liberal politics, etc etc...

So even tho I do constantly harp on Calvinism... it's certainly not the only thing I constantly harp on!

We havent had a good Bible version discussion in awhile!

Oh, and I really didnt say anything negative about Calvinism in this thread. Just pointed out that [i]some[/i] Calvinist preachers only preach about Calvinsim, as if there wasnt a whole Bible that needed to be preached as well.

Krispy

Yea, I have been guilty of doing a little rubbing on Krispy as well. He is just the kind of guy that can put it back out as strong as it comes in, so I think that's why he catches so much. No one wants to pick on someone seems to be scripurally defenseless, but someone who is a challenge in the scripture. Maybe we do it so we can learn from his highlighting of the truth in love. Truth is love in any sense.
God Bless Krispy

2008/5/7 8:50

Re:

Hey Moe! ...that makes me sound like Curly!

One thing I've learned thru life (tho at times I forget I learned it) is that if you're gonna give it out, you gotta be able to take it. I admit that there are times I dont take it well, but most of the time I think I do ok.

The important thing with this forum is that we all realize who the enemy is... and who the enemy isnt. And because I tend to be blunt I know there are some who think I see them as an enemy... and I truly dont. I'm passionate about some things, and if you havent noticed... it's things that I feel I was duped over when I was first saved. I was deceived by certain preachers, and bought into some things. When i came out of that... I was mad... at myself.

I'm not mad anymore, but feel very passionate when I see people falling for the same things. Sometimes people mistake my passion for me having my dander up... but thats not really whats going on. I just wish that someone had spoken bluntly to me when I was caught up in a lot of deception.

Krispy

2008/5/7 10:12

Re:

Quote:
Krispy wrote:
I'm passionate about some things, and if you havent noticed... it's things that I feel I was duped over when I was first saved. I was deceived by certain preachers, and bought into some things. When i came out of that... I was mad... at myself.

I understand that's usually the way it works. God takes our past weaknesses and turns them into a testimony. What the devil meant for bad, God turns it around for good. We all have different passions, differents gifts some say, but they are all for his purpose. You mentioned a few things in a previous post about Krispy BC that fit me pretty well BC too. Remember what Paul was doing before he started preaching, silencing preachers. Unto him that is able to do exceedingly abundantly more than we can ask or think.
Love you brother.

2008/5/7 13:53
Compton

Re:

Quote:
Love you brother.

Me too. :-)

MC

2008/5/7 14:16Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy