SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : City of Truth

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

City of Truth

Will Heaven be the City of Truth, how many lies and things peptrate our churches and even in our own life is the Devil is the Father of lies, then Jesus is the Father of Truth!
How many church services where we say have the worship service then the sermon are preceeded by lies.
Are we prepared to lay bare and open before a living saviour who knows all our past in detail!

2008/5/6 9:14Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: City of Truth

Well, concerning the worship service, what or who are we worshipping?

Are we worshipping worship, flowing with the worship that is going on, or are we worshipping God?

I know you are speaking concerning truth, and that is vitally important in these days, but deception is so rampant that seemingly anything goes in the church.

Rev 4v8 tells us that the living creatures did not rest day or night but were constantly saying 'Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come.'

That is what God wants, worship, our worship. He is not pleased when we worship other things, whether we are aware of it or not.

Being bare and open before God is spoken of in Hebrews 4v13, and we must give God an account.

Thanks for the thought.

2008/5/6 9:59Profile
Slow2Speak

Re:

When walking in his strength you can confidently say – I no longer live but Christ lives in me as you die to self daily. How do you die to self daily? You pick up your Cross and follow Him. What do I mean by that?

What ever takes first place in your heart that is not God becomes your – God! Now isn’t that the truth.

I can’t make it without God, there is nothing that I can accomplish if it’s not God working through me. Never do I take the glory that belongs to Him. I think of myself as nothing but clay in the potter’s hands. If there is anything that I may accomplish it has always been led by his Spirit.

Doubt has a way of creeping in. I don’t know if it’s the workings of Satan or what. Somehow how God always has a way of shinning through.

What do you do when the realization floods your entire being, and a Holy and Godly fear creeps in? You see yourself where you are at and where you need to be and you ask yourself Who am I that you are mindful of me, Who am I that you are mindful of me? I must pray, I have to pray, can’t touch this the realization is so real. Will I be struck as dead if I mishandle this Ark this place that God has chosen to bear his name, will my own words condemn me, will I loose what I have been faithfully waiting for such a long time. The realization has become more than I can handle. Oh if we would only learn to wait on the Lord, he will renew our strength, we will mount up with wings of eagle (Eagles Wings) we will run and not grow wearing we will walk and not faint.

2008/5/6 13:39Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy