Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Concerning Daniel_INC

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
BibleThumper

Concerning Daniel_INC

Greetings to each of you here at S.I.

I've been in the Christian Community as a Pastor within the PAOC for several years, and my only desire is to see that all of you would come to a common understanding of the Grace which Christ our Lord has so mercifully bestowed upon all of us ho have been set apart for His Glory.

I'm a personal friend of Daniel_INC's and I wanted to comment on the letters I have read on this site, having spent aproximately 2 days reviewing and reviewing all that has been written BY and ABOUT this young man.

My goal is to state some obvious facts for the record, and i pray that we can all see these words as they are to appear, understanding that there have been several misdemeanours concerning posts lately.

I have been following each thread quite methodically; and be it that you know me not, yet I can say that I know most of YOU in a sense; forbear with me.

I have read and read and read and have printed each and every post that you have all made, Daniel__INCs included.

Taking these words that you have all written, it is an apparency that many of you, and I speak this concerning Dan as well, have something within your hearts that seems to seek "first place" as it were; and I have thus spoken these very words to Dan, dear Brethren.

I encourage all of you to look over your words once more and see how that each one has had an opinion and a statement to the contrary of the other; Christ opened not His mouth, and yet you all have opened wide your thoughts and to your shame you have exposed your own "status seeking" hearts; I speak here as a fool.

Jesus Christ is Lord.Do we all agree?Amen.

God is a reconciler.Do we all agree? Amen. ;-)

How can it be that there are so many of us whose lives are consumed in debates and endless strivings?

Is it Daniel or it the readers of his posts? OR, and I speak here as one who is a fool for Christ, is it all of you and he together who have brought disgrace to the Unity of the Spirit that Calvary has graced all of us with?

Whether or not one is Baptist or Calvinist or Pentecostal Arminian, the only concern is whether your heart is right with the Atoning Blood of the Lamb.

Doctrine is fundamentally needed; yet, if that doctrine does not lead one to a love and reverance for the things of the Lord, what good has your doctrine done you?

Daniel is a young man filled with the Fire of God; and yet also with very little patience at times!

I am not here to defend this young man; he was wrong in much of his words, and yet who here claims they were right? To him who claims such, I beg of you to repent of pride in yourself.

Jesus Christ is about to return and you all sit here and debate.

I DO agree that we ARE accountable to one another, as oppossed to Dan's view; however, when you must demand and implication of submission, your authority is assumed and not ordained.

What must one do to bring peace?

Jesus Christ is returning and millions are going to hell as I write this very posting and yet it seems that you are all blind, and Daniel also, to this truth!

Wake up Church!

In His Love,

BibleThumper.

2004/6/21 19:55Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: Concerning Daniel_INC

We are human and we are sinners. Posting on here has been a learning process, for me at least. I'm sure the same is with others as well.

Did you read what happened under the "Blasphemous Saved! Film" in the Lounge folder? I think that's a good example of some of us realizing that we need to think before we speak and check our hearts through prayer concerning our posts. I think some of us have been humbled and have checked the passion behind our bold stands in our posts.

I would have to agree that hopefully, instead of debating on here all day, that we're living out the truth God has taught us. Hopefully we're not tied down to our Christian circles, but instead praying about and seeking opportunities to love our lost world and to draw back those who may have strayed.

Concerning division that may be happening on here, if someone offends you, opposes your opinion, or just sets you on fire inside, PRAY! I've found when I've realized that the person I may have not agreed with is a fellow Christian, and that it's not flesh and blood that we fight against, that I've had a peace from God. Don't carry a grudge with you when you leave here. If you feel weighed down rather than encouraged, just give it up and let it go to God in prayer. It's not worth being distracted by.

2004/6/21 20:57Profile
BibleThumper

Re: Yoodi

I must say I couldn't agree more.

Now that I have taken the time and effort to seek to share what the Lord has laid uponm this old heart of mine, I will say goodbye to all of you who are friends of this beautiful minbisty; it is indeed apparent that this IS a God Appointed Ministry to those in need of truth.

May the Lord be with you all and also with me.

2004/6/21 21:16Profile
moreofHim

Re: yodi

Yolanda,
you tend to have such a nice way with words. :)

Yes, you are right. I have had to learn alot- and am still learning about losing my right to my "rights". I have been trying to learn "forbearance" for about a year now and this is definitely the place to learn it.

I got this little devotional on forbearance and have saved it all this time because, although i know that i will have to be confrontational-'ala John the Baptist' at times in my walk- I must first learn forbearance.
---------------------------

The first aspect of the expression of a life that lives Christ is forbearance. Philippians 4:5 says, "Let your forbearance be known to all men."

A life that lives Christ is calm, tranquil, peaceful, and quiet. A life of turmoil, on the contrary, is a life that lives Satan. Forbearance is the most important element of a tranquil life. Forbearance is reasonableness and consideration in dealing with others. To have forbearance is to deal with others without strictness of legal right. If we would live a calm life, we must have forbearance.

Forbearance includes patience and moderation, but goes beyond them. If you have forbearance, you will not argue with others, fight with them, or debate with them. You may have a great deal to say, but you will have patience and moderation in dealing with others and will not say anything in response to provocation or irritation. Forbearance is versus rivalry and vainglory, two negative things mentioned by Paul.
Forbearance is also opposed to murmurings and reasonings. Whenever we have rivalry, vainglory, murmurings, and reasonings, there is no calm, no tranquility, no forbearance.
---------------------------

In His perfect love, Chanin

2004/6/21 21:30Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Now that I have taken the time and effort to seek to share what the Lord has laid uponm this old heart of mine, I will say goodbye to all of you who are friends of this beautiful minbisty; it is indeed apparent that this IS a God Appointed Ministry to those in need of truth.

Brother thank you for taking the time to read all these things and give sound counsel to brother Daniel and also the brethren at SI. I do admit some of my comments in reference to pastor daniel where out of fustration at a few points but overall I felt that standing up for a standard of unity and peace that God has given this community was a necessary thing to do. Its amazing the humbleness and gentleness that is shown amongst Christians from every background and denomination in one place, I have rarely had to put on my 'moderation' hat to make sure things are in order. Truly I believe God ordains people to come to this site to add their paticular giftings of God to share with the body that comes here on a regular basis. I pray the best for you brother and brother Daniel and as sister Chanin said we all need more forbearance in our actions, surely the events that have transpired here are for the betterment of the body of Christ and God will get the glory.

Quote:
Jesus Christ is returning and millions are going to hell as I write this very posting and yet it seems that you are all blind, and Daniel also, to this truth!

I would disagree with you on this point brother, God has sent some very choice saints to this site that are very much getting burdened for God for the lost outside of Christ and the blind inside of Christ. There are many who are in Christ that are asleep so to speak and truly dont see the condition they are in. One of the favorite recordings of many on this site is the [b]Revival Hymn[/b] I would encourage you to listen to it. :-) [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=2903]The Revival Hymn (high-quality)[/url]

The opening words are as follows:

(Ian Paisley)

The church of Jesus Christ is largely sleeping, like a great bedroom and you have all the Christians in bed and they’re all sleeping ... and they’re saying "Please, don't wake me up! I want to sleep on!" And of course when God starts to operate a revival people cannot sleep, you can't sleep in church when the Spirit of God awakes the people. Look at the 1st verse of this 52nd chapter..."Awake! Awake! Put on strength!" Wake it up! You're sleepy Christians! Awake thou that sleepeth, Arise from the dead! Christ will give you life!

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1573&forum=40]Rread the entire transcript...[/url]

2004/6/21 21:41Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Concerning division that may be happening on here, if someone offends you, opposes your opinion, or just sets you on fire inside, PRAY! I've found when I've realized that the person I may have not agreed with is a fellow Christian, and that it's not flesh and blood that we fight against, that I've had a peace from God. Don't carry a grudge with you when you leave here. If you feel weighed down rather than encouraged, just give it up and let it go to God in prayer. It's not worth being distracted by.

I agree and certainly want to react in a Christlike fashion. I have likewise had much zeal that can get a little out of control. I remember when I started the Jewish Roots post; it nearly created a shockwave with some of my responses to the replys. I see now that it was simply a misunderstanding combined with all of our strong convictions. I had to go back and repent on some of the stuff! I am trying HARD to be swift to hear slow to speak and slow to wrath. I'm not at all there, but I'm getting there.

I want to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of perfectness. I appreciate the response by Bible Thumper, as it has added a context to things we did not have before. ;-)

For me, I have an appreciation for preachers and young preachers. They are in very short supply in our area. Last I heard I think our average age of pastor in our area is 50's or 60's. I love these old preachers- but I'm concerned that we have so FEW young preachers coming up.

Personally I must repent for not giving everyone at this forum a greater measure of the benefit of the doubt when things got sticky. God is working this out in me.

God Bless,

-Robert

2004/6/21 21:45Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

In many things we ofend

Biblethumper

I must agree with you Sir that the nature of the manner in which, Daniel has been “corrected” has at times not been very Christian. I ask myself that when I posted some of my responses has it been for the glory of God, or for my own glory. To my shame, it must be noted that I for one, did not pray even once before I posted anything concerning Pastor Daniel. Still it must be noted that some of the “corrections” were in private messages where there was no room to seek glory.

It is not hard to see that we got off on the wrong foot to begin with. As another person once said, all that is needed for a disagreement is two people and enough time. Contention among Christians is not a novelty brought about by internet forums or debates. Whether we debate or not there is a division among Christians, on a variety of issues. You only have to look at the number of denominations to see this; every one of those denominations believe they are right. The members of this forum come from all different walks of life; different denominations; different ages; different cultures; different stages of growth and perhaps the simultaneous source of our greatest strength and shortcoming; different weaknesses. If for example, we were all of the same denomination we would invariably have the same weaknesses, no denomination is perfect. The greater question for us here is what is the purpose of our debates?

We have been exhorted more than once to be like-minded as Christians, when we cleave to one denomination or doctrine there is no room for like-mindedness. As Paul said, I am become all things for all people. It is not the first time that doctrine has been a hindrance for like-mindedness.

It can be seen that there were divisions (doctrines) concerning what should be eaten. I think a parallel can be drawn amongst us as Christians nowadays. They are not always quite as blatant, but there are divisions all the same. When I come here to SI, I learn how to relate to different Christians from different backgrounds, whether it is by a conscious effort or subconsciously. When we are forced to be civil to any opposing views, then we start to look for points of agreement and in some small way, the gap between us is bridged. I do not ever recall being provoked to anger by any of the debates on this site. I think it is when we come here with the intent that we may align the views of everyone else with our own that problems arise. It is a fact that we agree more often than we disagree. More often than not, we learn from each other.

You addressed the issue of “strife”. James 4:1 “From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?” We are all made of flesh and blood, we are not perfect, and we sometimes stumble. We may stumble and say (write) the wrong thing for the wrong motives. It is still sin if we say the right thing for the wrong motives, but unfortunately, it occurs more often that we say the wrong thing for the right motives. James 3:2 “For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.” Seeing as we are all not perfect we must forbear one another in many things.

Romans 14 “14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean. 15 But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.” Similarly, if I cause my brother to offend with my speech, I do not walk charitably. This something I have learned from this site. Indeed I have learned more things than I have lost (I have lost nothing) from this site. It is such a blessing to be able to use this resource freely. Every good gift is from above, and to me this is a good gift. Just my thoughts.

James

2004/6/21 22:09Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Daniel INC

I must admit that when Daniel INC came into this forum with guns blazing about the Jimmy Swaggert post I instantly took a disliking to him. "Judgmental" and "no humilty" were some of my initial thoughts. I should know by now that whenever this happens God is trying to teach me something through that person. I find that when I dislike a person often some of the same characteristics that I am displeased with are currently exhibited in my own life to some degree or another, or they were in the past. Either the ol "beam" really blinds me or I struggle to forgive another for that which I have been forgiven.

I allowed my intial reaction to put a negative color on everything he posted from then on. I even rashly responded to his 'spiritual drunkenness' post without reading it completly, to my shame.

He came in here and stirred up some dust in our neat little world, I'm saddened by my own reaction. Perhaps we all can learn something from this, all things come together for good for those who love God, His mercy endureth forever!

In Christ,

Ron

2004/6/21 22:38Profile
All2and4Him

Re:

Brothers I have to say that God works all things out for good. Although this has been a horrible situation, it was an admonishment to me to remember how incredibly important it is that we live out Phillippians 2:1-5. Finding out that this person was a man that was immature but had a real heart for God was thought provoking. Each and every person is so loved by God and thought to be so special that it could seem that they are the most precious thing in the universe to God. We love God dearly and want Him to have everything He deserves, because He is God yes, but also because we love Him. One of the greatest ways that we can give something to God is by being a blessing to one of His ever precious ones.

The bible also says "better is an open rebuke than hidden love" and "wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses. Figuring out how to balance the this with Phillippians 2 is rather difficult. God bless and keep you.

All to and for Him

John C. Kelly

2004/6/21 23:13Profile
rocklife

usa

Re:

Quote:

Yodi, praying is the first response, excellent reminder. I have not really been keeping up with the particular offending post, but the responses on this thread are so humble and contrite, it seems many have learned something, to the glory of God.
I want to add to Yodi's response what Jesus says to do in particular situations where there is offense and sin. After I learned this scripture, I immediately put it into practice. The bible requires more than just prayer, God wants us to talk about things, in love always, and to resolve quickly. Many times, talking will be hard (and may lead to the goats being exposed from the sheep), but we should still obey Jesus, even if it's hard.

Jesus says in Matt 18:15, "If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the 2 of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. But if he will not listen, take one or 2 others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of 2 or 3 witnesses.' If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector."
How do we treat pagans and tax collectors? I treat them as unsaved blind sinners, but I don't hate them. I know Satan blinds them, even if they are false converts (no fruit, no obedience or love for God).

Mr. Biblethumper's loving correction is an example of this.
We can expose these things, discuss things honestly, not just pray. Prayer is powerful, but we cannot substitute prayer for obedience to what He's already told us. So much sin is glossed over and ignored in the guise of forgiveness. We are to forgive, but the Bible has certain teachings about how to deal with people, and there are differences in how we treat unrepentant sinners, saved sinners (that's me), enemies and etc. The greatest is love. I just want to bring up Matt 18:15, once I learned this scripture (pastor at church taught on it), God has blessed this wisdom and even changed my life in many ways. There are so many wise and loving Christians in this community, I pray God will continue to watch over all of us, and keep His peace in this place. Thank you, Lord, for Your discipline, Your wisdom, and Your fellowship, in Jesus' name I pray, amen.

2004/6/21 23:14Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy