SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : videos of steve hill and john kilpatrick at florida revival

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
PosterThread
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Boy... for a few minutes there I thought I was gonna have to take you two out behind the barn!

Being out for a while makes me rusty at communicating in these forums. Being able to make posts that are non-offensive requires looking at what you write from many different directions. Words like 'you' don't necessarily mean the person you are talking to. So I have to be careful using generalities. since we don't know each other that well it is easy to be misunderstood. ;-) But, I could use a trip to the wood shed probably also. :-P

2008/5/9 9:27Profile

Re:

Quote:
Words like 'you' don't necessarily mean the person you are talking to.

This is a big reason why the KJV is superior to modern versions because the Thee's and Ye's and Thou's actually differentiate between "you" singular and "you" plural.

Here in North Carolina we just say y'all if it's 2 or more people.

Krispy

2008/5/9 9:49

Re:

Quote:

RobertW wrote:
Quote:
Boy... for a few minutes there I thought I was gonna have to take you two out behind the barn!

Being out for a while makes me rusty at communicating in these forums. Being able to make posts that are non-offensive requires looking at what you write from many different directions. Words like 'you' don't necessarily mean the person you are talking to. So I have to be careful using generalities. since we don't know each other that well it is easy to be misunderstood. ;-) But, I could use a trip to the wood shed probably also. :-P

Us grown folk still yet get took out behind the woodshed. Who our heavenly Father loves..HE DISCIPLINES. It's a good thing to know he loves us.

Robert I agree it is difficult sometimes to me also to express truth without offending others. Jesus and the disciples offended others too. He says HIS WORD it will offend many. Where it gets sticky FOR ALL OF US, is ON THE particulars, on the list what sin is. When sin is generalized US Christians ARE ALWAYS much more united and in agreement with each other.. but when we get specific on a certain sins and define and list them...then that is when the debate begins. Take the ten commandments for example. Someone who knows me well.. could justifiably argue.. that I don't do all do's and abstain from all the don't 24/7. Love thy neighbor as thy self... Am I as concerned with my neighbor as myself in my actions, with my money, etc. NO I am guilty no doubt. Did I buy my neighbor a new computer or myself? Did I even visit my neighbor when he was sick? Everyone else is guilty too, if they will admit it.

Jesus came to give us life and life more abundantly. He changes our life and makes us a new creation, but WE ain't glorified yet. He justified us with HIS blood, we are in the process of being thankful to HIM and pleasing to HIM by our obedience to HIS WORD.

If each one of us on SI made a list of the all the sins of the world and rated them....we would all have a different priorities of severeness. The culture we live in will have a bearing on the order of that sin list...Some might even want to take some sins off the list altogether or make excuses for them.. and some might want to move them down lower on the list to a less severe status. God listed the do's before listed before the don't on the list in the 10 commandments...could we then discern that to know to do good and doeth it not is a sin?

I enjoy posting and communicating with all of you on SI as we learn from each other and also as learn from our own mistakes.

side note:
Krispy, I thought you were from Texas, are you just a Texan transplanted in North Carolina? And just what makes you think taking me and Robert out behind the shed wouldn't backfire ON YOU.

2008/5/9 11:22
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
When sin is generalized US Christians ARE ALWAYS much more united and in agreement with each other.. but when we get specific on a certain sins and define and list them...then that is when the debate begins. Take the ten commandments for example. Someone who knows me well.. could justifiably argue.. that I don't do all do's and abstain from all the don't 24/7. Love thy neighbor as thy self... Am I as concerned with my neighbor as myself in my actions, with my money, etc.

This is really the material of a different thread, but simply put, there were 613 laws in the Old Testament. This was 'added to' by our Lord in the Gospels (if a person is keeping track of it). But the key is that we walk before God with a good and clear conscience. To him that 'knoweth' to do good and doeth it not to him it is sin. This is a conscious at the moment understanding of what God's will is and then choosing otherwise. We must walk in what we consciously know to be God's will. This is not the same as keeping all the laws perfectly- it is walking in the Spirit- fulfilling the law by our conduct - from the heart.

2008/5/9 13:38Profile

Re:

RobertW wrote:
This is really the material of a different thread, but simply put, there were 613 laws in the Old Testament. This was 'added to' by our Lord in the Gospels (if a person is keeping track of it). But the key is that we walk before God with a good and clear conscience. To him that 'knoweth' to do good and doeth it not to him it is sin. This is a conscious at the moment understanding of what God's will is and then choosing otherwise. We must walk in what we consciously know to be God's will. This is not the same as keeping all the laws perfectly- it is walking in the Spirit- fulfilling the law by our conduct - from the heart.

Moe wrote:
Yes sir, that's right, but I wasn't referring to what the Pharisees added, just the 10 God gave. The Pharisees couldn't keep the 10, let alone, adding to the 10, and we can't either. That's why all each person, who hasn't already, needs to accept Jesus' atonement on the cross for their sins, by faith (confidence) and then HE will give them a heart to serve HIM all the days of their life.

2008/5/9 14:26

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy