SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : videos of steve hill and john kilpatrick at florida revival

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

To me, this is what revival is about. . . a changed life.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=10853&commentView=itemComments]Revival Forum: George Middlebrook[/url]

His testimony is 27 minutes long. He was changed and (from memory), I think he was willing to go to jail to make something right - he was SO changed.

Signs and wonders are great but they are not the "setting free" factor that each of us need in our lives. Our adversary, the devil, can do false signs and wonders but I submit to you that he CANNOT falsify or imitate a changed life.

In the Welsh revival, I don't recall reading or hearing about any "signs and wonders" (although there might have been), but the telling factor in that revival was changed lives. Even the donkey's wouldn't work for the miners because they didn't use foul language to get them to move any longer. The courts were closed down, bars were closed down because everyone was at church 24/7. God was doing a new thing alright... in the heart and minds of men, women and children.

Is this what is happening in Lakeland, Florida?

2008/5/7 6:42
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: videos of steve hill and john kilpatrick at florida revival

You know what, it is better to ignore this thread.

I say that, because the original poster has not commented since posting the videos, and has left everyone to argue amongst themselves.

This has happened in the past on this website, people posting articles and videos, and then disappear and have no further involvement in the thread, and leave others arguing amongst themselves.

Whether you agree or not, this thread is better left ignored.

2008/5/7 7:35Profile

Re:

Sounds like "Operation Chaos"...

Krispy

2008/5/7 8:14
Carolyn_L

Re:

Quote:
enid wrote:
You know what, it is better to ignore this thread.

I say that, because the original poster has not commented since posting the videos, and has left everyone to argue amongst themselves.

This has happened in the past on this website, people posting articles and videos, and then disappear and have no further involvement in the thread, and leave others arguing amongst themselves.

Whether you agree or not, this thread is better left ignored.

Hello enid.I didn't leave and read the forum each day but didn't comment again on this thread because I don't like to argue in the way it's being argued here.If we were all in a room talking about these things I would be weeping.I'm a sesnitive person like that I guess :-)

I posted the videos to see what others thought because we here have been blessed by Steve Hill's Ministry.Disagreeing with something is ok since my husband and I disagree between ourselves on ocassion but when there's name calling and saying people are demonic and things like that I don't want to be a part of that because it's not who I am and I don't know enough about these things to get involved in the direction of the thread. There are more mature people here who know more about these things than I do. I'm sorry for posting the videos and causing this trouble.It wasn't my purpose to see this thread go where it has gone and I'm truly sorry for this.

2008/5/7 11:08Profile
Nellie

Re:

Souls are hanging in the balance, and we are supposed to ignore this thread.
I don't believe in arguring with my Brothers and Sisters in Christ, but souls are at stake, and
when we know something is false, and don't say anything about it to warn the Body of Christ, what does that make us?
I'm not arguring, but we do have to contend for the Faith. The Bible says we are to do this.
This is a last day deception.
If any Person, any Doctrine, any Denomination,
does not have Jesus Christ and the Cross at the Center of it, "Run for your Life."
I'll be 69 this month, and I've had to run for my life a few times.

God please keep us all from deception , by Your
Precious Word.
Please help the people who are being daceived. .
In Jesus Name

2008/5/7 13:07Profile

Re:

This is exactly true, Nellie. People say "Oh, it's unloving to speak against these things."

Well, to me, it's just like if I know a particular road is flooded and if someone travels down that road they may drown. No one would consider it unloving if I stand out in the middle of the road and warn people not to travel down that road.

But there are some Christians in the Body of Christ who want us to just stand by the side of the road and wave "hello" to people as they travel down that road to their demise.

Makes no sense to me at all. We will stand accountable before God on that great and terrible day... and I dont want anyone's blood on my hands because I was too chicken, or too ignorant, to speak the truth boldly and warn people of spiritual deception.

Krispy

2008/5/7 13:20
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Carolyn_L...

Quote:
I'm sorry for posting the videos and causing this trouble.It wasn't my purpose to see this thread go where it has gone and I'm truly sorry for this.

I am not sorry that you posted this. While I haven't watched the videos yet, it has made me aware of the situation in Florida. I know who Steve Hill is. I know who Kilkpatrick is. I had never heard of this other guy. I had never heard of the current event in Florida.

Let me encourage you, sister, to not be disheartened by all of this. I'm not sure whether or not it was a good idea to post the links to the YouTube videos, but it is an interesting discussion. Many individuals at SermonIndex come from a background where they have had firsthand experience with certain charismatic ministries. Some of these were bad experiences (such as the one shared by brother Krispy). This is why they speak, because they speak out of great concern from personal experience.

I am a Pentecostal believer. However, I see quite a bit of issues that come from some Pentecostal or Charismatic circles. When we speak, we are often motivated by those things that we believe. But always know that there is an unseen disclaimer with every post. None of us are perfect and none of us have arrived to the point of infallibility (although I have seen a couple of people who have argued otherwise). We can each be instructed about these issues -- even if we do not completely agree on them.

Thank you for sharing and participating. And welcome to SermonIndex! If you ever need anything, simply speak to one of the Moderators or the Administrator ("sermonindex" aka "Greg"). This website is dedicated to seeing true Biblical revival in this world (rather than spiritual counterfeits). It also provides a library of resources -- mostly sermons -- from great men of God of the past and present (like Leonard Ravenhill, Paris Reidhead, A. W. Tozer, David Wilkerson, Carter Conlon, etc...). You can use the MAIN MENU on the left of your screen to find AUDIO SERMONS, TEXT SERMONS, VIDEO SERMONS, PODCASTS, MUSIC, AUDIO BOOKS -- along with many other things.

So welcome to the SermonIndex community!

:-)

2008/5/7 13:35Profile
Carolyn_L

Re:

Quote:

ccchhhrrriiisss wrote:
Hi Carolyn_L...
Quote:
I'm sorry for posting the videos and causing this trouble.It wasn't my purpose to see this thread go where it has gone and I'm truly sorry for this.

I am not sorry that you posted this. While I haven't watched the videos yet, it has made me aware of the situation in Florida. I know who Steve Hill is. I know who Kilkpatrick is. I had never heard of this other guy. I had never heard of the current event in Florida.

Let me encourage you, sister, to not be disheartened by all of this. I'm not sure whether or not it was a good idea to post the links to the YouTube videos, but it is an interesting discussion. Many individuals at SermonIndex come from a background where they have had firsthand experience with certain charismatic ministries. Some of these were bad experiences (such as the one shared by brother Krispy). This is why they speak, because they speak out of great concern from personal experience.

I am a Pentecostal believer. However, I see quite a bit of issues that come from some Pentecostal or Charismatic circles. When we speak, we are often motivated by those things that we believe. But always know that there is an unseen disclaimer with every post. None of us are perfect and none of us have arrived to the point of infallibility (although I have seen a couple of people who have argued otherwise). We can each be instructed about these issues -- even if we do not completely agree on them.

Thank you for sharing and participating. And welcome to SermonIndex! If you ever need anything, simply speak to one of the Moderators or the Administrator ("sermonindex" aka "Greg"). This website is dedicated to seeing true Biblical revival in this world (rather than spiritual counterfeits). It also provides a library of resources -- mostly sermons -- from great men of God of the past and present (like Leonard Ravenhill, Paris Reidhead, A. W. Tozer, David Wilkerson, Carter Conlon, etc...). You can use the MAIN MENU on the left of your screen to find AUDIO SERMONS, TEXT SERMONS, VIDEO SERMONS, PODCASTS, MUSIC, AUDIO BOOKS -- along with many other things.

So welcome to the SermonIndex community!

:-)

Thank you so much! I know we are told by the Word to expose the false. I just want to be able to do it with the right spirit and be able to talk about it in the right spirit.

Thank you for your welcome!

As for Greg, he and Eli Brayley were at our home in Canada some months back and had a small house meeting with Eli and Greg sharing. They are very real Christians! It was nice to have them in our home!

2008/5/7 14:26Profile
Alf

Miami, FL

Re:

is it just me or did todd bentley have earings on ? on his mouth and ears ?

2008/5/7 14:45Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

Quote:
is it just me or did todd bentley have earings on ? on his mouth and ears ?

what does that have to do with the discussion brother??

2008/5/7 14:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy