SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : videos of steve hill and john kilpatrick at florida revival

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
My concern is that is seems many who APPEAR genuinely hungry for a move of God have doubt and unbelief as their knee jerk reaction.

I understand your concern, and you make some valid points, brother. As I said yesterday in your other thread about Brownsville, there were many things about Brownsville that were good. Anytime repentence is preached, it's good.

But the reason many of us here react with doubt is because we've "been there, done that... got the t-shirt and scars".

I was into it, man. 10 years or so ago I was all about Brownsville and Toronto and you name it. Always a bit suspicious about Benny Hinn, but loved Copeland, Hagin, etc.

I probably have seen more, done more, and know more about whats going on there than the few folks who lately have been saying how wonderful this thing in Lakeland is on this forum. So it's not like we're all tucked away in a closet and are afraid of anything we're not familiar with.

There is one person on this forum who I think thinks some of us are just totally ignorant of these things, and just sit around and act like pharisees. Nothing could be further from the truth. Why do I tell my kids not to touch a hot skillet? Because I did it when I was a kid... and I know it burns.

The fact is, some of us are VERY familiar with it, and thats why we warn others.

Krispy

2008/5/6 13:07
davym

Re:

Truth and error mixed together. The devil's favorite trick.

Some may believe this to be revival, but I believe this is damning the souls of men. This is [b]so[/b] serious. I simply don't believe that these ministries preach true repentance. At their core is healing and the supernatural not repentance from sin.

I would encourage younger Christians to study the material available on this web site (sermonindex) and spend time with God and your Bible. Study Paul's letters to Timothy and steer clear of these false movements.

[i]15Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.[/i]

[i]2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV)[/i]

I trust you will soon discover that these 'revivals' are from the pit.

Brothers and sisters, we are in the end times, there can be no doubt. Trust Christ alone for your salvation, not whether you've been healed or have the gift of tongues etc etc. Just trust Him alone. And don't expect a more comfortable life. This is not scriptural. Expect peace with a Holy God and what a joy this is!

[i]7And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. [/i]

[i]Philippians 4:7 (KJV)[/i]

God bless

David

2008/5/6 14:01Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

I heard about this about two weeks ago. My heart has been very heavy over it all, This is no game. Not a matter of just knowing truth, but willing to speak up to those we know. At least for me, I am hearing people I know follow this. My heart just weeps. This isn't truth, and many are being fooled.

I beg you Brothers and sisters, Let us pray even more, as the day of Christ draws near, Let us pray for mercy.
That we might know the word, that we might know truth. 1 tim " charge you certain persons not to teach any different doctrine"
I pray God will gather and rise up mighty men of God who will speak the word of God. Men who are willing to risk there lives. To know the truth and take risk for it.

God showed this would happen a while back. I was in tears for months. All I could cry was mercy. He showed me that many will come and seek Him but be blinded, even those who love God. It still strong on my heart. Let us pray and stand for truth.

I know there many who are leaving to this revival. Blinded .not seeing it for what it is.

pray that will open their eyes to truth
Pray all who are watching it on Godtv
Pray for those who are going off feeling

Pray for morning star ministry that is saying this the real thing
Pray lies to exposed in peoples heart
pray those who came to be healed, ad not to stop and think
Pray for Light
Pray for bold preacher to go and preach to those who are coming and going in

Pray for those that are hoping to get a
anointing and bring it home.
To our knees brothers and sister that we might fight in not our power but His. Holy holy holy is our God, he shares not his glory with another.

In Christ
Charlene

2008/5/6 15:25Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
If joy, laughter and physical manifestations discredits a man or movement than forget about John Hyde, Evan Roberts and the Welsh Revival, Duncan Campbell and the Hebrides, Johnathon Edwards and the Great Awakening, Wesley, Whitefield, Finney, Cane Ridge, John G Lake, Smith Wigglesworth, CL Culpepper and the Shantung Revival, and the list could go on and on and on . . .

What discredits a man or movement is when soul is allowed to overstep the spirit and dubious "experiences" begin to usurp all else. We live in the age of "experiences", where words like revival, outpouring, anointing, and apostolic have become "as common as stones" in Jerusalem (I Kings 10:27). Every man you've mentioned above would detect and denounce in a heartbeat the foolery taking place today in God's Name, including what is being promoted in these video clips.

2008/5/6 18:50Profile
JKail

Re:

could someone please explain to me what parts of the two videos were "disturbing" and "demonic"?

It looked to me like a bunch of hungry people crying out to God for revival and salvation of lost souls...good preaching too...

2008/5/6 19:21Profile
theopenlife

Re:

It is our familiarity with what this man believes, beyond this one clip, that especially concerns and frustrates some of us. Read what Andrew Strom has presented elsewhere.

2008/5/6 20:07Profile
Mangan

Sweden (Northern Europe)

Re:

Well, isnt that odd? Steve Hill once being mentored by Leonard Ravehill and put through bible school by David Wilkerson. The same Hill - is also a friend of Benny Hinn. Steve Hill seems to have lot of friends from different traditions.

Magnus ;-)

2008/5/6 21:25Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

could someone please explain to me what parts of the two videos were "disturbing" and "demonic"? "

Jkail.

I could see if one person just watched these two clips would have a hard time seeing it as disturbing and demonic, after all in them they say this man is about saving lost souls. But listen close, they talk of the reason why this man is godly. But what makes a godly man? Look how is shaking, this disturbing to me. This bring uneasy feeling to my heart.

Prayers can sound great, think about national day of prayer. They have the mayor go up and pray, he may know the Lord, but wow what a pray he prays. Why because it is written for him. I am not saying there prayers where written. But goes to show, prayers can great, and have no real truth to them.

What makes us trust a pastor? Why would we listen to Him? There has to be trust? How can you trust that what they are saying is truthful and not show? What do we test their words with? and if a person is found not trustful in some of their words, how can trust the rest? If a man speak with passion about the teasure of marriage yet go and sleep with another women while married, who could trust his words? But he speaks with such zeal and passion, his words are wonderful put togeher. But his action didn't follow his words.

When I see these video I feel the same. Here this man speak with such passion and zeal, but later is speaks againt the truth of the word. by what he teachs and does.

There prayer, seems good widom might humble heart. he goes on to speak of the greatest need to be saved. and how God died for when we are sinners. But dear beloved this all sounds so good and even so real. If know not the word of God, we too could be fooled to think this is real. This why so many are going so many are listening so many are being fooled. because there is so much truth mixed with lies. We must test everything.

But the part that is scary there it is mixed teachig that is demonic. beyond these video you see the show and disturbing things that are said.
these video are not good, they lead many way. Look deeper in who this man is. What is he teaching? How is doing these healing? Is what he teachs go with the bible? test everything and then pray and seek out wisdom for others. People may being healed but that doesn't mean it is from God.

thank you beloved for your question, may go grow you in wisdom and truth. Seek the word, seek truth.
Grace and peace to you
Charlene

I encourage as my brother did read Andrew Strom.

2008/5/7 0:58Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re: videos of steve hill and john kilpatrick at florida revival

moe Mac,
Thank you,for that reminder. That EVERYONE should be careful and not to watch these videos. I went to watch it, to see that lie. And my heart is heavy that many are fooled by these and, would I go and watch pron to see the wrong in it, it is wicked so I should stay away such as this STAY away.... There is no good from it. Stay away. Stay away, they are not good to even watch. It can be good to expose lies. and warn others. But I strongly agree Don't WAST YOUR TIME> DON"T watch these Videos.

thank you moemac, thank you. as while as Mike thanks for your words.

Charlene

2008/5/7 1:24Profile
theopenlife

Re:

Welcome, Charlene. Thank you for humbling me, as usual, with your sincere humility. :-) I appreciate you, sister.

2008/5/7 1:29Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy