Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Sin in the camp

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Sin in the camp

OK... gonna ask for your thoughts here.

I have some friends attending a self-proclaimed Bible believing church. They do preach the Word, and as far as I know everything seems to be ok doctrinally.

Here's the problem. Out of a church of about 150 people there are two couples in the church that live together not married. There is also a woman in the church who lives with her unsaved boyfriend. All 5 of these people are active in the church... not just peripheral members. All three of these situations have children as well.

The pastor will do nothing about all of this, neither will anyone in leadership.

My friends asked me what I thought, and of course I told them. But I'm wondering what folks here thought of this... what would you advise?

Krispy

2008/5/5 15:54
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re: Sin in the camp

I would have to advise that your friends bring these concerns to the brother and sister in question. Talk directly to them. Pray and have a biblical answer ready on why this is not acceptable.

If that does not work, take it to the pastor and the elders and voice your concerns, backed by scripture.

If that doesn't work, remove yourself from this body. A little leaven...

2008/5/5 16:28Profile

Krispy,

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:

I have some friends attending a self-proclaimed Bible believing church. They do preach the Word, and as far as I know everything seems to be ok doctrinally.

Here's the problem. Out of a church of about 150 people there are two couples in the church that live together not married. There is also a woman in the church who lives with her unsaved boyfriend. All 5 of these people are active in the church... not just peripheral members. All three of these situations have children as well.

The pastor will do nothing about all of this, neither will anyone in leadership.

My friends asked me what I thought, and of course I told them. But I'm wondering what folks here thought of this... what would you advise?

Krispy

Krispy,
We had some couples, in our church who were living together not long ago. Our pastor gave his message one Sunday and it went something like this.

I have some things to present from the word of God today and do this with all the love possible and with all the grace God has given me. He gave many scriptures about marriage and how living together was not only sin, but fornication and he went on, furthermore in some cases the women or the man are doing it for financial reasons and then it's the same as prostitution. He also said even if they were living together they needed to be in the church service for the reasons of a chance of conviction and repentance. He went on to say to all who were living in habitual sin, but don't even ask to join the church and become a member, or be water baptized living in known habitual sin.

He then went on to talk about how women often dress in a manner that provokes men because even saved men still ahve to battle the flesh, with the wearing of low-cut tops and short dresses and he gave the scriptures on how women should dress modestly. He also gave it in the male prospective. He said anyone should seek the Lord's guidance before committing to marriage God intended it to be a lifetime marriage and only for all singles to marry someone whom you believe is saved and the Lord has drawn them to, not what the flesh has drawn you to.

This is how it should be handled according to HIS WORD. If we offend anyone, let it be with the truth. Since that time, some of them have become married. Praise the Lord!

2008/5/5 20:27
rocklife

usa

I agree with Micah, that goes along with Matthew 18:15-17.

2008/5/6 4:13Profile
BenBrockway

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:

Krispy

Krispy,
I agree with Moe_mac and Miccah.

Ben

2008/5/6 4:49Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy