Discussion Forum : General Topics : Question Sermons

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
DirkW

Netherlands

Question Sermons

Hello,
This week I saw a lists of sermons about "false revival / false prophets / false movements" could anyone post this again?
I want to form a good perspective on all this.
At this moment at the netherlands there are a lot of things going on ( "revival of florida" is here and comes in the meetings because of james levesque > friend of T. Bentley) and there is also a big conference called heaven on earth with a lot of speakers from the movement of this (bill johnson, heidi baker, che ahn, john arnott etc).

Can anyone give a clear vision upon this movement and what's good, what's wrong and how to pray in all this?
A lot of people (15.000 or more) are at these meetings.

God bless.

2008/5/3 8:48Profile

Re: Question Sermons

Dirk: There are at least 2 posts, in General topics,[I think] that you can scroll through. { I did.] One, has "Laughter" in the name, and one is posted as "revival" in Florida.

When you get to doctrine, about Bentley, wheew! hold on to your nose and your hat! There is something rotten in Denmark!

There must be 4 or 5 places to see and hear this Bogus anti=christ phlem. I trust you love Jesus, so you will have no problem understanding the alarm set here by many SI folks, that this is wicked.

Thank you for your input and ???s.

Tom.

2008/5/3 9:03
Tears_of_joy

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=23223&forum=34]True & False Prophets[/url]

2008/5/3 9:53Profile
DirkW

Netherlands

Re:

Thanks for this reply. Going to study this all.
Yesterday I went to a conference that was with heidi baker/winnie banov etc. in the netherlands. There where a lot of things going on. One speaker was "drunk in the spirit" all the time and started laughing all the time when she was trying to teach something from the word of God. A lot of people in the audience started laughing also, and there where a lot of manifestation (uncontrolable jerking/bowing the body etc).
Also another speaker started cutting "spiritual snakes" with a sword as in spiritual warfare.
I spoke a lot of people about this conference and a lot of people see that this isn't from God, other people thought it was amazing (received visions/dreams, received freedom, received healing, received the love of God etc.).
How must I look to these things? Is God also working allthough things are not pure with a few speakers? I can't deny people are being touched and changed. But I also can't deny that it's not biblical some things (drunk in the spirit/laughing in the spirit, the jerking etc.).

Can someone help me with this?

2008/5/5 13:33Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Psa 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.

All this you are describing is not to be found in the bible, My advice is go through the sermons in that thread, much scripture is given for you to go look and read and pray.

One thing is this, can you imagine Jesus doing all this stuff? can you imagine Jesus "being drunk in the spirit"?

no, then why should the spirit do all these things?

The Holy Spirit dont do these things. Jesus never did and the spirit are the spirit of truth

Joh 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, [b]he shall testify of me:[/b]

The spirit dont testify of himself, but of Jesus.

And he wont add anything Jesus dident do, he wont make you as in force you to do anything, God wont come and "make" you jerk and crawl around like a dog and bark, becuse Jesus did not do so and the spirit dont do such things either, becuse the spirt testify of Jesus.

i like a quote from Tozer,

"If you cant find it in the word, turn your back on it, and when you do, you turn towards the light(His face)"

But dont just take my word for it, there has been several threads lately about this, and a good starter is to go through that list of sermons and look in scripture and compare scripture with scripture.

May God be with you

Christian

2008/5/5 14:56Profile
DirkW

Netherlands

Re:

About the laughter thing. I just read a book of derek prince and he says he also experienced the laughter while he was converted.
He looks at it as something from God (if I interpreted it correctly).
He says it happened a few time with himself and with other people who he met sometimes in travelling the world. It sometimes happened when people got free of captivity and when they have the assurance that God accepts them and won't cast them in the fire. (ps.126:1-2 / job. 8:20-21 he reffers to).
Is there a real laughter and a counterfeit nowadays? Or how do you guys/girls look at this from scripture and experience?

Anyone? Anyone again?

God bless.

2008/5/12 8:55Profile
DirkW

Netherlands

Re:

Anyone?

2008/5/19 5:32Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Quote:

DirkW wrote:
Hello,
This week I saw a lists of sermons about "false revival / false prophets / false movements" could anyone post this again?
I want to form a good perspective on all this.
At this moment at the netherlands there are a lot of things going on ( "revival of florida" is here and comes in the meetings because of james levesque > friend of T. Bentley) and there is also a big conference called heaven on earth with a lot of speakers from the movement of this (bill johnson, heidi baker, che ahn, john arnott etc).

Can anyone give a clear vision upon this movement and what's good, what's wrong and how to pray in all this?
A lot of people (15.000 or more) are at these meetings.

God bless.

Here are some threads you can read:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=23415&forum=35&16]THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRITS THAT TODD BENTLEY OPERATES UNDER[/url]

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=23427&forum=35&8] MOST "CONTAGIOUS" ANOINTING - Florida - WARNING! -strom[/url]

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=23328&forum=35&14] "ANGELS" & the FLORIDA HEALING REVIVAL - Warning! -strom[/url]

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=23455&forum=35&42]WARNING about VIDEOs - Urban[/url]

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=23526&forum=35&30]CHARISMA- "QUESTIONS About LAKELAND"[/url]

2008/5/19 9:56Profile
DirkW

Netherlands

Re:

Yes, I read those but that wasn't my last question.

My last question was....
About the laughter thing. I just read a book of derek prince and he says he also experienced the laughter while he was converted.
He looks at it as something from God (if I interpreted it correctly).
He says it happened a few time with himself and with other people who he met sometimes in travelling the world. It sometimes happened when people got free of captivity and when they have the assurance that God accepts them and won't cast them in the fire. (ps.126:1-2 / job. 8:20-21 he reffers to).
Is there a real laughter and a counterfeit nowadays? Or how do you guys/girls look at this from scripture and experience?

God bless.

2008/5/19 10:34Profile

Re: Laughter and the "Anointing".

Dirk: Of course there is real laughter now days, and I might add, there is real crying also.

What does that have to do with the good or the bad. Laughter is simply a response of our soul to circumstances and relationships in [b]LIFE[/b], and is certainly not a fruit of the Spirit, nor a validation or rejection of true ministry.

The whole idea of "HOLY LAUGHTER" and the anointing is a contrived deception in the first place, propagated by those who would have you believe that this manifestation was proof of the Lord's presence.

Let me ask you, what happens when a possessed soul, coming into the presence of a true ministry, begins to laugh and cackle? Is God There?...Yes! Is the laughter a validation that the one in chains is holy? No. but a validation of his rebellion.

See the difference? All of us have experienced the joy of the Lord, that have walked with God, and may express that through laughter, as our emotions line up with Him. Also, the lost Spirits may respond likewise as they willfully oppose the Messiah and his bride.

If you belong to Him, and have an inherit love of the Truth born in you, you will know the difference. Either way, this surely does not assure us of Faith in Jesus.

Are you searching for the truth, or a validation of a ministry that tickles your lustful nature?

2008/5/19 11:01

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy