SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Cancel My Membership:

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Cancel My Membership:

After reading some of the replies to my Calvanism post, I am asking that my name be deleted from the list of membership on the Sermon Index Forum.

I have been accussed of refusing accountability and for stirring things up.

When something is stirred up, it points to the fact that there are those whose lives and/or doctrines are false and not of God; otherwise we'd all agree wouldn't we?

So, I am guilty of stirring things up, yet never have I posted lies nor error, and I have never slandered anyone with a FALSE slanderous accusation.

As for refusing accountability, well, for this I am also guilty.

I am accountyable to my local assembly and to the Word of God ABOVE the assembly or any other single thing.

I am not accountable to anyone here, as you ppl are not accountable to me.

To be accountable is to be accountable to the Scriptures; to say that we are to be accountable to a man because he's a moderator of an internet forum is blasphemy, as we should never subject ourselves to those whom we only communicate with on a computer.

Accountable? Yes, to the Body of Christ here in Moncton and above all else to the Word of God.

I believe that Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church and that He has appointed Shepherds over HIs Church to whom we ARE to submit to; however, the Lord did not give Moderators of a computer any authority over another in spiritual matters.

Unles one is in blatant sin, who are you (or I) to tell someone that they "need to come under us"?
Utter foolishness and hypocrisy, Brethren.

There are many many many powerful Believers on this forum, while there are also those who just want power.

To debate, as I have previously stated, is good; yet many were not accountable to MY request that the Calvinism post be for reflection ONLY; what of that, dear Brethren?

Why is it that the Moderator who asks for accountability cannot do the same? Is it because being a Moderator is some powerful position for you?

God forgive you and put some truth in your words.

Now, I cannot but say I am sorry for disobeying our Lord when He specifically told me not to debate with the people.For that I repent.

I knew that there were wolves and false sheep here and it upset me somewhat and i sought to correct some of these wolves; how wrong I was.

A wolf will always be a wolf until Christ saves him; Amen.

Now, in closing, I will discuss with no man the words I have herein posted.....

Those who know me, know me well; our Ministry here is a real Ministry and is one of truth and there are many that receive us with open arms, as there are also those who don't.

I simply love the Lord too much to allow myself to further be drawn into this sinful behaviour that is clearly manifest on the Sermon Index Forum.

Those that are wolvers will discuss this post and claim it to be ANYTHING but loving and truthful; those who are Sheep will go before the Lord and talk it over with Him without being hypocrites and slandering another brother without justification.

I'm not the type of person to claim innerancy; the Lord has many times corrected me over the years.....however, I will allow the LORD to correct me, not someone I don't know and don't desire to be "accountable to".

My heart is with Christ, not a Christian website.

I pray that many wolves will be seen here.

(PS: I know that some (wolves) will say that I MYSELF am a wolf and that Christ is the One who led me away from the "true" Brethren....

;) I've already been told this by the Lord, so when another says what I have just claimed, you have heard it in advance.

Now, may Christ be with you all.

Daniel.

2004/6/21 16:16
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Cancel My Membership:

Quote:

I am not accountable to anyone here, as you ppl are not accountable to me.

You are accountable to every Christian, regardless of geography. Christians are related to eachother first and foremost through the spiritual union we have with Christ. Because we are united together in Christ, our first thought is our union together with Him in heaven. Only then do we turn our attention to physical geography. Remember, we are not of this world.

Ephesians 5:21 (KJV) Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

As a Christian, we are all accountable to eachother, and are all to submit ourselves to one another in the fear of God, with much humility.

2004/6/21 16:52Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Cancel My Membership: Pastor Daniel Lirette

Quote:
I am accountyable to my local assembly and to the Word of God ABOVE the assembly or any other single thing. I am not accountable to anyone here, as you ppl are not accountable to me.

Pastor Daniel Lirette, I am accountable for the people at SermonIndex and the Lord has burdened me to seek for truth and guide people into the truth at this site. I am not perfect God is our teacher and I pray that everyone comes to Him and recieved divine truth from God Himself. and you are accountable sir to everyone, everyword you speak and say you are accountable for before the God when you come to the judgement seat of Christ.

Quote:
To be accountable is to be accountable to the Scriptures; to say that we are to be accountable to a man because he's a moderator of an internet forum is blasphemy, as we should never subject ourselves to those whom we only communicate with on a computer.

Every person that reads your posts on SermonIndex is a living human being. Every word spoken can hurt, damage, destory or heal, strengthen and build up. I believe scriptures say that we who think we are something should be nothing. Also that we who are leaders should be servants to others and yes submit to them.

[b]Ephesians 5:21[/b] - Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

[b]Philippians 2:5-8[/b] - Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Sincerly looking at the rest of your post Pastor I don't feel its worthwhile to even discuss and I will allow your words to bear witness against you. I do not speak against you or your walk with God and position of God and I hope the Lord has mercy on you for saying the things you have. It's all for a reason and I know the Lord has His hand in all things that happen with this site, its His website not mine and I pray that I am as faithful as I can be with this as im entrusted with the responsibility of managing it. And also others who have also been burdened to manage and help in a various amount of ways. This ministry is runned by the body of Christ not by any paticular denomination or theological stance, I give praise to God to see already the fruit that has come from this ministry. And I pray that most of the fruit is not shown and will be manifest in eternity before the throne of God. As I remind everyone please do pray for this ministry its nothing without God truly. The joke is always between me and Mike Balog and others is that God is surely using the foolish of the world to do amazing things for His Kingdom.

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1069&forum=16&5]Praying for SermonIndex.net in 2004[/url]

2004/6/21 16:54Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Re: Cancel My Membership:

To whom it may concern

To begin, a church is a place where two or more gather in the name of the Lord (Mathew 18:20). It has nothing to do with the physical structure where people enter for convenience sake, but the intent with which people gather. For example, if nonbelievers acquire a cathedral, to use for their own purposes it ceases to be a church. When we gather on the SI forum in the name of the Lord, it ceases to be “just a computer”, but a church.

Secondly, form what I understand; Brother Greg spent much time in prayer and supplication before he appointed a moderator. These are not just random people my beloved brother. These are the elders of this church, our church as we are all the members of the body.

Pertaining to the elders of any church, they indeed have some authority over us. I have a few verses that you have no doubt come across before, but perhaps not in the context and dynamics of an internet forum. I trust we will all be patient enough to read them, and ask the Spirit to speak to us all individually. Not that for this case only, but for future reference, to the intent that we may be mindful of the proper conduct towards one another.

1 Timothy 5:1-2 1 Rebuke not an elder, but intreat him as a father; and the younger men as brethren; 2 The elder women as mothers; the younger as sisters, with all purity.

*** 1 Timothy 5:17-25 17 Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine. 18 For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward. 19 Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses.***

1 Peter 5:1-4 1 The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed: 2 Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind; 3 Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock. 4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

1 Peter 5:5-7 5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble. 6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: 7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Colossians 3 :13Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

My brethren it is not our place to separate the wheat from the tares. There is one master who judges all his servants. Indeed, who are we to judge the servants of the Lord, as either sheep or wolf? Let us not be quick to declare ourselves as being right or wrong, as Paul says, “12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known” (1Corinthians 13). If we only see in part how then can we cleave to doctrine and theology religiously? Are we not justified by faith?

Finally I will leave you with the words of John, in John5, “Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born F7 of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. 2 By this
James
we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.” It is not grievous for us to love one another brethren, that is, to be patient and kind not rude, self-seeking or keeping any record of wrong. I hope we are able to wipe the slate clean and reflect on everything that has been said in the past week.

Your son in Christ

2004/6/21 17:18Profile
DelightedInU

Escondido, CA

Re:

Quote:
When we gather on the SI forum in the name of the Lord, it ceases to be “just a computer”, but a church.

Very good words, Jimm. I never thought of SI as being a church. But I agree with you. We are the church of Christ. And we are to submit to their rules and authority.

1 Peter 2:13
For the Lord's sake, accept ALL authority...

But I do believe we are to decern the wolves from the sheep. Are we to let them continue to roam around and eat up and kill the sheep of God's flock? NO! That's why God appoints shepherd's. To care and watch out for us. To them He give the authority to beat off the wolves with a shepherds staff.

Quote:
Sincerly looking at the rest of your post Pastor I don't feel its worthwhile to even discuss and I will allow your words to bear witness against you.

Greg, I agree with you. I know what you mean...

2004/6/21 18:07Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy