Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
LoveHim

Indiana, US

SERMON ON THE MOUNT

[b]The Beatitudes[/b]

[i]Matthew 5:1-12[/i]

1 And seeing the multitudes, He went up onto a mountain; and when He was set, His disciples came unto Him.

2 And He opened His mouth and taught them, saying,

3 "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.

4 Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted.

5 Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

6 Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled.

7 Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.

10 Blessed are they that are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.

11 Blessed are ye when men shall revile you and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely for My sake.

12 Rejoice and be exceeding glad, for great is your reward in Heaven; for so persecuted they the prophets who were before you.

2008/4/29 16:15Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: SERMON ON THE MOUNT

The Sermon on the Mount will be our guide to
living in the kingdom of God. We are wise to
learn and study and apply it now.

2008/4/29 18:33Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

Quote:
The Sermon on the Mount will be our guide to
living in the kingdom of God. We are wise to
learn and study and apply it now.

the Lord has kept me on the sermon on the mount for over a week now. i have been reading it and meditating on it everyday throughout the day.

there is so much to really take in and apply, yet how much do i really apply?? how much do we really apply to ourselves??

much to read slow and soak it in..

phil

2008/4/29 18:59Profile
bonni

montana usa

just thought you might be interested in a "sermon" about the sermon on the mount. it is located in audio sermons and is called, sermon on the mount by keith daniel. it is a real eye opener, not the norm.
it is quite possibly the most powerful sermon ever.
blessings :-)

2008/4/29 23:28Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

Quote:
just thought you might be interested in a "sermon" about the sermon on the mount. it is located in audio sermons and is called, sermon on the mount by keith daniel. it is a real eye opener, not the norm.
it is quite possibly the most powerful sermon ever.
blessings

i actually have downloaded that sermon a couple of years ago.

very good sermon indeed. thanks bonni.

phil

2008/4/30 8:28Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

[b]Salt and Light[/b]

[i]Matthew 5:13-16[/i]

13 "Ye are the salt of the earth, but if the salt has lost his savor, wherewith shall it be salted? It is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out and to be trodden under foot of men.

14 "Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid.

15 Neither do men light a candle and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick, and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in Heaven.

2008/4/30 10:03Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Matthew 5:1-12

1 And seeing the multitudes, He went up onto a mountain; and when He was set, His disciples came unto Him.

2 And He opened His mouth and taught them, saying,

3 "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.

By the Christ in you.

4 Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted.

By both the Christs and the Fathers Comforter in you.

John 14:16-18 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. :18 (also)I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

5 Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

By the Christ in you.

6 Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled.

By the Christ in you.

7 Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

By the Christ in you.

8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

By the Christ in you.

9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.

By the Christ in you.

10 Blessed are they that are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.

By the Christ in you.

11 Blessed are ye when men shall revile you and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely for My sake.

Because of; The Christ in you.

12 Rejoice and be exceeding glad, for great is your reward in Heaven; for so persecuted they the prophets who were before you.

Because of; The Christ in us.

In Christ: Phillip

2008/4/30 15:10Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

i think we would do well to understand that when Jesus gave us the beatitudes, He was describing to us the qualities of what His desire and His will for the life of every christian would look like. it is not for a select few, but for all who claim the name of Christ as their Savior.

let us be very clear about it though. the old adamic nature would not and could not fulfill these qualities, but only one who has been born again and (like phillip said) has the promise of "Christ in you, the hope of glory".

phil

2008/4/30 15:26Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

[b]The Fulfillment of the Law[/b]

[i]Matthew 5:17-20[/i]

17 "Think not that I am come to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

18 For verily I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass away, not one jot or one tittle shall in any wise pass from the law till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven; but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven.

20 For I say unto you that unless your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.

2008/5/1 8:52Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

[b]Murder[/b]

[i]Matthew 5:21-26[/i]

21 "Ye have heard that it was said by them of old, `Thou shalt not kill,' and `Whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment.'

22 But I say unto you, that whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment; and whosoever shall say to his brother, `Raca,' shall be in danger of the council; but whosoever shall say, `Thou fool,' shall be in danger of hell fire.

23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar and there rememberest that thy brother hath aught against thee,

24 leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way. First be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

25 "Agree with thine adversary quickly while thou art on the way with him, lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.

26 Verily I say unto thee, thou shalt by no means come out thence until thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.

2008/5/2 15:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy