Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Seven steps to revival

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Ole

Seven steps to revival

This week Derek Prince has a series on seven steps to revival on http://www.derekprince.org/site/PageServer?pagename=radio_main

thought you could use it

God bless

Ole

2008/4/29 5:35Profile

Re: Seven steps to revival

I havent checked this out, but I will. I will say this tho... I am leary of anyone who says they have an "x" number of steps formula for revival... or for anything else for that matter. Cant put the Holy Spirit in a box, other than the one He created for Himself: God's Word.

Krispy

2008/4/29 7:38

Re:

Luke said there was one step.

Acts 3:19
19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the[u] times of refreshing[/u] (revival) shall come from the presence of the Lord;
KJV

Discussing partular sins and attitudes and can be devisive. Even disclosing the fact of the lostness of a person that gives the same honor to other false Gods as they give to Jesus, the one and only true God, can be devisive. Calling people to repentance can be devisive. Calling sin sin can be devisive. Which is the most important? Preventing people from being offended and being devisive and calling for revival?
What did Jesus say about the red sky to the Pharisees?
WDJD

2008/4/29 8:28
Ole

Re:

Hi Moe mac

no one step mentioned, what you refere to is the letter of the text, but I believe God wants to say alot more about it than just one verse

Ole

2008/4/29 14:33Profile

Re:

Ole, I guess if we categorized repentance it we could have multiple steps as in 2 Chron 7:13-14
14[b] if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways,[/b] then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

But actually when we humble ourselves, pray, seek his face, and turn from our wicked ways, (4 things), it will be defined with one word as one word(repentance) don't you think?

2008/4/29 15:53
Ole

Re:

what I mean is that repentance is not the only thing happening when seeking revival

Ole

2008/4/29 16:11Profile

Re:

Quote:

Ole wrote:
what I mean is that repentance is not the only thing happening when seeking revival
Ole

Ok, now I undertand what you are saying. When we spend time in his word and time with him and we become energized by HIS Spirit. I see, now you are talking about HIS works in us. Things such as hating the sin we once embraced. Giving money to his Kingdom work. Speaking out against lies and upholding his truth everywhere and especially in your community, state and nation. Standing against the things God hates and for the things he loves. Yes, I would say that is exactly what experiencing revival is, but be very careful where you practice these things and be ready for criticism and a many cold shoulders. Many people don't call this revival. If you speak on for holiness and against certain particular sins or speak out against people who are embracing these sins, you will be labeled as having an agenda, a legalistic, a troublemaker, and divisive among other things.
My advice is go ahead have revival and maybe others will catch on and follow.
Quote:

2008/4/29 16:54
Zionshield

Ohio

Re: Seven steps to revival

Heads up about Derek Prince. You may not can tell from some of his stuff, but he's in the vacinity of the Word Faith teaching in his doctrine.. :-o

2008/4/30 21:49Profile
Ole

Re:

Zionsfield

word of faith? no way, I have been listening to him for a long time, never has I heard a hint of that, what makes you say so?

Ole

2008/5/1 1:00Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy