SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Pastor Jeremiah Wright just spoke to the national press club this morning

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Pastor Jeremiah Wright just spoke to the national press club this morning

This is not a political post or a post based upon race...

Many of the ides he presented were and are still true and proven, but his posture was horribly prideful, arrogantly boastful in voice and mannerisms. He did not at all distinguished himself or allowed GOD to help distinguish himself as a humble servant of Our great God and Savior Jesus Christ. Sometimes I cry saints, "where are u Lord in all of this"? I know he is here, but it leads me to that question from time to time.

I now know for myself beyond any snippet or any personal opinion that he is off track!

He was asked a question about John 14:6, and he was asked whether muslims, jews, and all other religions had to come by the same way......

he stated about the other religions that they were all apart of the other folds that jesus spoke of in the gospels. This is what is happening to christianity in this country, it is now everyone's anity.

This is also why I believe that God will raise up voices in this day, He will make them flaming swords, and they will preach, teach , and be used in conversions unto death, there must be a distinction from the stink religion that is rampant among God not us. This is the Lord's battle! Not ours, our battle is down of submitted, humbled, and prayerful knees....

This is also why we here at these blogs and sites must come to one faith, one Lord, One Baptism. Stop the arguing, the our divisiveness, our misinterpretations, and we MUST stand for Jesus' trampled over cross, I say trampled bcuz it hurts my heart to what his poor representation, his boasting, his responses, his ability not to offend, his religion and his posture stinks.

Sometimes I cry saints, "where are u Lord in all of this"? I know he is here, but my heart aches for this world, this nation to be reconciled to admit its crimes against God, not just against the people it has offended. Repent and apologize to God and be changed......I ache right now for God and his power, no one misunderstand me, I ache in expectation for Him to manifest Himself upon our deep rooted Witchery!

2008/4/28 10:15

Re: Pastor Jeremiah Wright just spoke to the national press club this morning

Pastor Tony Evans (a black pastor) delivered a great sermon on race a few weeks back. He was spot on... I'll have to go back and listen to it again in order to accurately quote from him. Instead of the mean spiritedness we see from "Rev" Wright, Tony Evans message was centered on Jesus Christ. It was great.

Yet, if the masses heard it, I'm sure many would condemn him for it.

It's a wierd time we live in.

The only reason the media is even remotely interested in "Rev" Wright is because it's sensationalism... it sells papers, and if he goes on a news show the ratings will be thru the roof. If he all of a sudden started preaching the Word of God, instead of the sewage thats been coming out of his mouth, no one would be interested in anything he had to say.

Krispy

2008/4/28 10:21

He was asked a question about John 14:6, and he was asked whether muslims, jews, and all other religions had to come by the same way......

he stated about the other religions that they were all apart of the other folds that jesus spoke of in the gospels.
John 10:14-20

14 "I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me- 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father-and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice,[b] and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.[/b] 17 The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life-only to take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

19 At these words the Jews were again divided. 20 Many of them said, "He is demon-possessed and raving mad. Why listen to him?"
(from New International Version)

You think Jeremiah might have one of those old manuscripts with this passage left out.

2008/4/28 10:25
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

All his bitterness and strife-filled rhetoric
does little to further the cause of the cross
of Christ. The Lord always respected the worth
of each individual because they were created in
God's image. His word for the Church and to the
Church will always be UNITY!!

2008/4/28 10:36Profile

Re:

Thanks bros,

Krispy,
I feel ya bro n ur right sensationalism and fear is what this country feeds off!

Moe
He responded very proudly as the crow cheered him on...

Race matters in one sense, as far as reconciling the situation, but it must first be reconciled in the heart with God. I understand the black plight trust me, I am black, but God wants to change hearts not skin colors, it just continues to show me how we must answer God's call for change of heart at its absolute core....

2008/4/28 10:38

I too watched Mr Wrights speech and answer to questions this morning. I think I may just have witnessed the end of Barrack Obama's run for presidency. At a minimum, he will not only have to distance himslef from this man, he will have to roundly condemn these remarks.

I call him Mr Wright, because no servant of the Gospel would say and confirm that there are many paths that lead to heaven.This is not Christianity, this is more akin to New Age theology.

Even the points he did make that were true, were lost becuase of his obvious lack of love. We can hold truth, but if we do not have love, we do not have anything. Pride and ego was the downfall of Satan, some things never change, may we all beware lest we fall.

2008/4/28 10:38

Re:

yes appolus, yes, that's it bro,

I am deeply affected right now, this sucks the way i feel right now. I know God will deliver me from what i feel but as u said SOJOURNER, it is more rhetoric for the church to have to deal with.

when God helps us with heaven sent revival, it will be so sweet....

2008/4/28 10:41

Re:

Race matters in one sense, as far as reconciling the situation, but it must first be reconciled in the heart with God.
Race in the eyes of God and HIS children should not and does not matter one i oda. We are all equal. There should be no church called a black church and no white church called a white church but we know there is. That's the problem. When the truth is preached, it doesn't not matter what color the man is preaching it or what color the man is listening and amening. We are to amen the truth and expose the lie. Jeremiah would be just as far in left field as his now if he were a white preacher. People are making it a race thing. It is not a race thing, it is a wrong thing and a lie from the devil.

2008/4/28 10:50

Re:

hey Moe, dont misinterpret me please,

race matters from the aspect of how it is viewed by the media and the general world, it even matters among believers regardless if u think they dont or not.

These are issues that still need to resolved among many denominational and secular lines. culture needs to be understood better...

Now, should they matter? NO, as resounding NO. Racism is to me, if i could rate sins would be in the top 2, but nevertheless, there must be dialogue regardless, it helps others to understand each other, and we must stop fear mongering.

I am not here to talk about race as i requested in the beginning.
Thats not the issue at hand, it is about this man's lack of love.

2008/4/28 11:06

Re:

ejg I might have sounded frustrated but it wasn't you, it was at those who want to make this a race issue. In the local body church where I attend, we have blacks, latinos and whites and whosoever will. Our evangelism efforts have been and are colorblind as was Jesus'. We all worship together. We are all of the same body. I would not have anymore of a problem saying a white man was wrong, if he was indeed wrong, than I would a black or latino, although my race is white.
No problem, love you brother.

2008/4/28 11:16

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy