SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What to beleive.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
spunman

What to beleive.

I know people may have doubt of what is really going on in Florida. Please can I share with you my story. I am a youth pastor who's Wife had an Affair on him, I lost my ministry, lost my family and felt Like I lost all of God. Many PASTORS friends who were PASTORS would not mentor me because I am DIVORCED. I felt so betrayed and so shattered and so Abandoned by God that I wanted to walk away from him I felt that the church is a bunch of hypocrites and don’t really mean what they preach every Sunday. Many pastors look down their nose at hurt people even though they “pray” for them every week, from the pulpit but don’t live it in their day to day spirit. Many Pastors Pray for Revival but when something happens all we do is biker about it.. How are we any different from the Pharisees? This isn’t how Jesus was to come to the earth … This isn’t how Revival is suppose to come. Well if you are so sure than WHERE IS THE REVIVAL in you CHURCH or YOUR life.

When I turned on the Internet God.tv and watched the revival GOD restored my life and began to speak into my life. God has restored me, all during the worship. I have such a fire and passion. This isn’t Todd, This isn’t John G Lake, This isn’t Lennord Ravenhill This is Mike Price getting closer to God. If it took a “revival” that YOU all say is fake than Ill take that over the many pastors that turned their back on me. Ill take that over the denominations that turn their back on my, because I am Divorced. Ill take what ever and how ever God can touch me. God has sparked something in my life. I am just so very hungry for God.

Writin with Love
Mike

2008/4/24 22:37Profile
Zionshield

Ohio

Re: What to beleive.

Mike,

I think its wonderful that God has reached for you and you have responded to Him. He is able to use so much more than we think to stir us to come to Him. I can't imagine what it would be like to go through a divorce. I'm sorry.

I think that what God is doing for you is in spite of not because of what is happening in FL. This is an old matter. These people have been around for decades now. That is the reason some may with certainty say these things are not from God...though he can take His word and do wonders in peoples hearts in the midst of these meetings. When I had first known the Lord I proclaimed at a Bible study after hearing someone debunk him, "Rodney Howard-Browne is a man of God!" My evangelist friend retrieved a book by John MacArthur and asked me to read it. I understood afterwards that Rodney was not what I thought upon seeing him on TV. Notice how they try to work up emotions, excitement and have a disregard for the main body of believers.

Only the Lord can heal your heart. I would like to recommend John Eldredge's books to you. He deals very well with the spiritual warfare that concerns our feeling rejected, not belonging, not accepted by God, etc...He talks about the arrows we've received from the enemy and the wounds they've caused and how Satan uses them to turn us from the Lord. Anyway, brother, it is difficult to be heard as intended sometimes. I hope you don't think I am abrasive or uncaring. I see that you are hurting. I know there is help. I hope on the one hand that you will be careful around people like in FL and at the same time not paint others with a brush that makes us look like people that rejected you. For you, Mike, are one of us, a brother, accepted in the Beloved if indeed you know Him.

2008/4/24 23:11Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: What to beleive.

Hello brother,

Welcome to Sermonindex. Could never understand you situation adequately to comment, but I am sorry that you found no help in your time of need.

Don't misunderstand the concerns here however as antithetical or confuse real concerns for what happened to you personaly. Brother, there are more than a few here that have had a great deal of experience and some that are still dealing with the fallout from similar constructs and teachings, their concerns are valid and shouldn't be dismissed out of hand.

In spite of those things taking place there it shouldn't be a surprise that the Lord would both heal and draw those who are earnest to Himself.

That doesn't make the happenings there of the Lord. And I do not see or believe that they are as some have also mentioned here. Don't confuse the two brother, you really do not want a fake anything.

2008/4/24 23:19Profile
spunman

Re:

Thank you dear Friends;

Please know that I am not the kind of person to jump on or off Ban wagons (unless its hockey ) I know that God can do things with ministries that have severe flaws with them. I am just so hungry for God, I do want to see Revival, I want to see many salvations and healings. I was reading Matthew 24 last night and got even more confused thinking about the revival vs the Emergent church's that don’t even preach hell or salvation. Who is Jesus talking about?

Friends over the past 2 years since this has taken place the lord has walked with me, I just didn’t see it. I am in a strong church where I am being accepted and re-equipped. I know that God has a plan for my life, but he just wants intimacy with him. We all want to see God move we want to see revival, but more than revival we want intimacy in our own hearts. I am so thankful for your kind words and support.

I am grateful for the “Florida Healing Revival” because of what it has done in my life and how it has helped me. That is not to say that people were touched and blessed by many ministers that have fallen or we think are “wired”. I am just so worried to call out some one that is really anointed. Psalms 105:15 "Do not touch my anointed ones; do my prophets no harm."

Mike

2008/4/25 12:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy