SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Art Katz on iTunes!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
MisterCheez

Colorado

Art Katz on iTunes!

FYI: Art Katz Ministries is now podcasting on iTunes. There are 300 or so podcasts available now and 200 more will be added over the coming months.

Please consider leaving a comment on the podcast to help promote this valuable resource.

---

The RSS feed URL is:
http://artkatzministries.org/?feed=podcast

2008/4/24 12:58Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re: Art Katz on iTunes!

Brethren, it deeply hurts me to see this 'Ministries' beside the name of brother Art. And giving allusion like he is one of the thousands self-promoted 'ministers' with fancy big pictures and showing off how much they are 'doing' for God. Yet they don't know that they are bringing just shame to the name of Jesus.

I don't know who made this, and it is made after our dear brother went to be with the Lord. This is totally contrary to the spirit, calling and the heart of brother Art. I am afraid that someone who doesn't know him, would be offended by this 'Ministries' beside the personal name of our brother.

It just happened that I heard yesterday this message:

[b]Seek Not The Approval of Men[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=14366

And he was speaking just about that, about our Lord's words:

Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.
Joh 5:42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
Joh 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
Joh 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

I highly recommend everyone to hear it.

The second bad news and not in the spirit of brother Art is that after his death, the online books were removed and now they are only available hard copies for sale, and I don't know will they be available again online? (Those of you who are willing to have the books let me know, I have them offline and I will be more then willing to send them to the body of Christ.)

I don't know who have done this, but I believe that the word that brother Art preached is prophetic and much important to the body of Christ in these last days, and I believe that God will make this word to be spread across the world! And no one could oppose it.

Brother Brian (MisterCheez), I know that you are not responsible for that, and you are just helping with the technical things, which I am grateful and I encourage you to continue to help these messages to be spread away! Thank you.

Kire

2008/4/24 13:51Profile
jordanamo

Re:

[edit]Moderator: I have deleted the links to the online books that are not being made accessible right now at the Art Katz ministry. We trust the reasons why are admirable and full of good intentions towards the promotion of Art Katz Ministry online![edit]

As to the fact that "Ministries" is next to his name-- I don't think that's such a big deal. They are promoting the propagation of Art Katz's thought and writings, which is good. While they don't offer his books anymore online, they do put up all of his sermons and articles. As long as they don't veer from his own writings, i.e., as long as his writings and materials are not censored in any way etc., I don't see a problem. "Art Katz Ministries" is just a name.

Jordan

2008/4/24 16:18Profile
elanham

Maryland

Re: Art Katz on iTunes!

That is absolutely fantastic. Way to go Ben Israel. Thanks alot Simon.

2008/4/24 16:43Profile
elanham

Maryland

Re:

Wow!

I did not know that they had taken the books offline. That truly is contrary to the spirit of the man from which they came. I know Arts message was received in areas of the world where people would not be able to pay for a book. This reminds me of the time when Art stopped sending letters posting the needs of ministry. He came to the conclusion that the sending of envelopes for return support was a subtle manipulation for funds. To take off the books that have always been available to the massess and only make them available to the paying public seems to me to be a little more than subtle. I have to say that I am disappointed.

2008/4/24 16:52Profile
MisterCheez

Colorado

Re:

The Art Katz Ministries website is an ongoing effort to provide a legacy of Art's resources INCLUDING ARTICLES & BOOKS.

The site is being assembled progressively by two people - a brother in Minnesota (at Ben Israel) and myself. He works 4 days a week and I have a full-time job.

We are doing the best we can to provide all the resources we can, in a professional manner, as quickly as possible. This includes major proofreading.

Articles are added almost daily.
A foreign language section is in the works.
200 or so audio sermons still need to be added.

I believe it is an honorable work Ben Israel and others are doing to improve and provide a timeless archive of Art's writings and speakings.

Please have patience and understanding as the project is completed.

As far as I understand, the word "Ministries" has no negative cannotation except what might be projected on it from one's own experience. So I'm sorry if some "ministries" have misused the word, but it is the proper word to describe what the Lord provided through Art.

Also, his picture and name at the top are merely practical and there is nothing prideful intended.

We've tried to keep the site simple and humble.

Sincerely,
Brian

2008/4/24 17:31Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Brother Brain, these are great news that the books will be online again! (if I understood you correctly?) I am very glad, I hope this will happen soon!

I was afraid that this will not going to happen, seeing no allusion on the new site for that and knowing that in the former site ALL books were available without any restriction. Something that scares me in the new site is:

Quote:
[i]However, hard copies of Art’s books do still carry a copyright, and permission needs to be sought if quoting from those is required.[/i]

Knowing that there was no such thing in the previous site, it was simply written:

Quote:
[i]The books with cover graphics are available in print as well as online. Please see our Bookstore to purchase. Click on the cover or title to link to the online text.[/i]

And no word for copyright or similar things.

Brother Art often in his sermons was mentioning T.Austin-Sparks, and I am very encouraged to see this in his site:

http://www.austin-sparks.net/images/footer.jpg

I believe brother Art was with the same heart. I will say again, the messages are prophetic and very important for the body of Christ in these last days, and it will be very sad, if in one way or another their distribution and spreading and quoting would be restricted.

I hope that this is the heart of the team working behind the project! Because I know that this is the heart of those who have been influenced and blessed by the word preached and written by brother Art.

Yes, indeed, this is an honorable work. And thank you again for helping. I agree, it should be simple and humble site as you said.

Please keep us updated with the new features on site.

May God bless this work,

Kire

p.s. I am still not persuaded that the word 'Ministry' should be besides his name. I believe he would not be comfortable with that, since this didn't happen until he was on the earth and knowing that he sold out his life for the glory of God in the church as a body of the Living God, and not promoting any kind of individualism or self-promotion with similar labels. That's why I mostly use SI links when I want to give some materials (when they are available here) to someone who is not so much familiar with him, being afraid someone not to be offended by this. The responsibility for our actions is beyond measure.

2008/4/24 21:07Profile
jordanamo

Re:

Looks like the site is down now, at least all of the hosted material.

The site's a great resource. Would be terrible to see it go to the waste basket. You guys really overreacted.

Seriously Kire, you honestly think Katz wouldn't be comfortable with "Ministry" next to his name? Are you serious? He'd be most happy that his writings were being propagated. That's what he wanted. Also, any of the BI books, open 'em up, and you'll see a copyright symbol.

Your criticisms of the site are farfetched and unfounded. Should have been blessed for the glory of God that his writings were being propagated and had some outlet. Now, they may have none.

Jordan

2008/4/26 20:16Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Dear Jordan,

My only wish and I believe to all of us, is that all materials, either written (books and articles) or other kind of media (audio or video), to be available to the body of Christ without any restrictions. I believe also that this was the wish of brother Art. And I will be very sad if there will be any kind of restrictions, either by money or something else.

Kire

2008/4/26 20:44Profile
jordanamo

Re:

Kire, that is up to the Ben Israel Board (who now owns the copyright I believe). Simon may not have been able to put up the books due to the Board not having given him permission to. You don't know all the details, and should assume good faith until you find out what the exact reason is.

Jordan

2008/4/26 20:56Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy