SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A FALSE HEALING REVIVAL?? -Florida

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
poet

Longview WA

Re:

when we say revival I wish we would mean actual revival where the Holy Spirit convicts people of their sin and draws them to church to hear the gospel and get saved like the scottland Hebrides. in 1949
Or even like the asbury college revival...
People say revival, and whats actually happening is a bunch of non discerning christians flocking to a church to get hands laid on them and get a special anointing from the Man or woman of god...little g for sure.... It makes me sick!!!!
they get their answer according to their idols.
Please Jesus send true revival...

2008/4/24 21:56Profile
Zionshield

Ohio

Re:

Yes, Amen. Its amazing the stark difference between the real and the counterfeit when you put them side by side. After all these years how anyone can still believe Hinn, Copeland and countless others like them is mind boggling.

2 Peter 2:1-3 "But there were false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them- bringing swift destruction on themselves. many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up."

If I didn't know and you had told me that this was printed in a Christian commentary on some of these people this morning it would fit perfectly.

2008/4/24 22:20Profile
RevJoel

Re:

Blessing to all of you. Yes, of course, we are to be discerning in our assessment of "revivals". That goes without question. If you will indulge me, I will share with you my experience and understanding of the likes of Todd Bentley and Benny Hinn.

I had attended a Benny Hinn crusade just over 2 years ago singing in the choir. Having attended an Evangelical Free Church for over 18 years, I am accustomed to "conservative" Christianity. During the last 5 years, I have had a migraine that my doctors could not cure. Living on the likes of hydrocodone, percocet, dilantin, and other medicines, nothing was able to eliminate the headaches. I went through three brain surgeries during this time because I do suffer from Hydrocephalus. (Look it up). The doctors thought this was causing the migraines. Well, nothing worked until I went to the crusade weekend in Denver.

The second night, we were leading the crowd in prayer and worship when my migraines vanished. At that very point, I heard God confirm in me that I would never have migraines again. No, Benny did not "push me over" as you may think. I was in the choir behind the stage. From that day forward, I have been free from migraines. Of course, I am fully aware that Benny did not cure me, but the Holy Spirit.

Whether you believe in what he is doing or not, the evidence for his ministry is well documented. Personally, during the healing revival in Florida, I have prayed for and been prayed over many people. One such lady in Oregon was being prayed over by me and a friend of mine 3 nights ago. She has been on morphine and morphine patches for 5 years for lower back pain. She felt heat pass through her body as we prayed for her. She woke up the next morning and did not take her morphine pills but has been free of pain ever since.

Obviously, I am not a healer, just obedient to the Holy Spirit (most of the time). All we did was pray for her that by the power of the Holy Spirit (our helper) that she would be healed of her back pain.

The point of this conference, if you had looked into it, was physical healing, signs and wonders. There is not one shred of evidence in the Scriptures that shows that these kinds of things passed after the apostles died. Some claim 1 Cor 13:8-10 as evidence that tongues and the like have passed away. However, if you read it in context it is saying that those things will pass away when "the perfect comes". What does that phrase mean other than when Jesus returns? It is extremely obvious if you read the context of the passage. If it was referring to when the apostles died, surely it would have said such.

Another thing mentioned in this thread is evidence stating his ministry stance on Scripture. ie. The statement of faith. If you read the statement of faith it is no different than most protestant churches. The only "deviation" if I dare call it that, is the last which relates to further revelation. It is not out of line with Scripture because the statement references that "we place no limit on further revelation; however, each must be substantiated according to the Scriptures." As you all know, we things are always being revealed to us from the Father, yet it must line up with Scripture to be considered true.

Again, I bless you all and pray that we all will worship the Father in Spirit and Truth. Blessings.

2008/4/24 23:34Profile

Re:

Hi Revjoel....Can I just say that you made my earlier point perfectly. Is it possible that you have never experienced anything supernatural before? Did you read that I, and many others who would comment here are Spirit filled, tongue speaking, words of knowledge speaking, believers in healing?

Here is what I will say, the fact that you were healed has nothing whatsover to do with Benny Hinn. If God decides to heal a man, He does not care where he is. So praise God for your healing, it is not neccecarily counterfiet just because it happened at a Benny Hinn healing conference. It in no way legitimizes the man or his movement. At Benny's conferences the focus is always on Benny. Thats why he always makes a grand entrance, usually dressed in a white coat, swinging over his head.

When I went to his healing conference in Kansas city, he came on stage after a big build up, spotlight , literly, on him, swinging his coat above his head. Then he shouted to a group that obvioulsy follow him all over the country "Do you want it?" I had no idea what he was talking about. Then he said it four or five more times each time getting louder and the crowd screaming "yes we want it." Then, finally, he ran at them and threw his hands up , like a magician, and they all fell back on their seats. Then he told them to stand up, and they could not, they were "stuck," to there seats, and they just went wild.

I was so grieved, I had to stop myself sobbing , the Spirit in me was so grieved. I felt the Lord saying to me that this was a "circus." Benny was the ringmaster. Also, the most important part of the night was collecting the money. The crowd were informed that if they had no money that they could take credit cards, which they urged people to do, even if they had no money. This would be a "seed ," for them. There is a reason that Benny lives in a 10 million dollor mansion. Now where did the Lord live? Thats right, the Son of God had no where to lay His head.

The worse part of my attendance was that I had taken my unsaved wife with me, I deeply regretted that.

Revjoel, one second in the true presence of God and you would never waste your time chasing these experiences again. It is awesome and reverential, and majestic, simply to bask in His presence, and in that there is fullness of Joy.........Frank

2008/4/25 0:03

Re:

[i]Hear this, you foolish and senseless people, who have eyes but do not see, who have ears but do not hear: Should you not fear me?" declares the LORD. "Should you not tremble in my presence? I made the sand a boundary for the sea, an everlasting barrier it cannot cross. The waves may roll, but they cannot prevail; they may roar, but they cannot cross it. But these people have stubborn and rebellious hearts; they have turned aside and gone away. They do not say to themselves, 'Let us [b]FEAR[/b] the LORD our God, who gives autumn and spring rains in season, who assures us of the regular weeks of harvest.' Your wrongdoings have kept these away; your sins have deprived you of good. "Among my people are wicked men who lie in wait like men who snare birds and like those who set traps to catch men. Like cages full of birds, their houses are full of deceit; they have become rich and powerful and have grown fat and sleek. Their evil deeds have no limit; they do not plead the case of the fatherless to win it, they do not defend the rights of the poor. Should I not punish them for this?" declares the LORD. "Should I not avenge myself on such a nation as this? "A horrible and shocking thing has happened in the land: The prophets prophesy lies, the priests rule by their own authority, and my people love it this way. But what will you do in the end? (Jeremiah 5:21-31).[/i]

Indeed, would Jeremiah's words be any less severe today, in the midst of such great apostasy passing off as acceptable, nothing less than demonic spirits at work in the mask of Christianity? I sometimes think that the mass of American Christianity has utterly forgotten what was written by the Apostle Paul for our admonition and warning:

[i]For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve. (2 Corinthians 11:13-15).[/i]

Assuredly, the true Apostle of Jesus Christ, Paul, when saying farewell to the Ephesian elders who were so dear to his heart, had many things he wished to say to them, but having only a short time before his immediate departure, said only what was most urgent:

[i]I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them. So be on your guard! Remember that for three years I never stopped warning each of you night and day with tears. (Acts 20:29-31).[/i]

And we know, by the word of the Lord, that these "wolves" who creep in and spare not the flock of God but devour withal through shrewd methods of demonically-inspired deception and hypnotic manipulation don't blatantly manifest themselves as wolves, but they appear to be 'angels of light', 'ministers of righteousness', 'wolves in sheep's clothing':

[i]"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. (Matthew 7:15).[/i]

"But this prophet does miracles!", says one. "Therefore he MUST be of God", they maintain. Yet the Lord Jesus Himself corrects such erroneous thinking several sentences later:

[i]"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!' (Matthew 7:21-23).[/i]

The true prophet of God will be a preacher of true righteousness, of holiness and grace in truth. He will not merely 'read people's mail' but will bear about in his body the marks of the Lord Jesus, if not physically, then emotionally, because he will be burdened and anguished under the burden of the Lord and his godly sorrow will be evident to all in this evil age, at least in America in the midst of the End-time apostate lukewarm church. His aim will be to turn people from their wicked ways and to trust in the Lord, to glorify His name, not only with their words, but with their hearts and lives.

A prophet will have an unction from the Holy One, a holy burden and anguish of heart. And he will consistently abase and humble himself, and glorify the Lord in his public ministry. The last thing he will do is glorify himself, and his own anointing, and his own ability to do miracles. Jesus Himself dared not glorify Himself while on this earth in the days of his humanity, his "Kenosis", like these false prophets do.

Reading through Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Nahum, and Malachi, etc. gives me the impression that a true prophet of God is manifestly the EXACT OPPOSITE of what Todd Bentley is.

[u]'The Picture of a True Prophet' by Leonard Ravenhill:[/u]
http://www.ravenhill.org/prophet.htm

2008/4/25 2:30
KathiSharpe

Re: A FALSE HEALING REVIVAL?? -Florida

>>Charismatics are flocking to the sleepy
town of Lakeland, Fla.

2008/4/26 17:26Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Benny and Florida

Quote:
Whether you believe in what he is doing or not, the evidence for his ministry is well documented.

It certainly is, to their detriment.

Quote:
Another thing mentioned in this thread is evidence stating his ministry stance on Scripture. ie. The statement of faith. If you read the statement of faith it is no different than most protestant churches. The only "deviation" if I dare call it that, is the last which relates to further revelation. It is not out of line with Scripture because the statement references that "we place no limit on further revelation; however, each must be substantiated according to the Scriptures." As you all know, we things are always being revealed to us from the Father, yet it must line up with Scripture to be considered true.

Unfortunately they fail to do this whatsoever. Here is another thread that sheds a lot of light on all this;

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=23211&forum=35&77]Revival in Florida??[/url]

If anything at least read through the extra-biblical 'revelations' that surpass even the apostle Paul who dared not utter what he had seen, but this fellow has no qualms or misgivings whatsoever;

[url=http://www.freshfire.ca/index.php?Act=read&status=teaching&Id=218]Face to Face Encounter, part 1.[/url]

[url=http://www.freshfire.ca/index.php?Act=read&status=teaching&Id=219]Face To Face Encounter, part 2. ....Paul and Abraham wrote Hebrews... 7 heavens, the fifth(above God's throne) not as peaceful.... Hidden mysteries and revelation..etc [/url]

2008/4/26 19:41Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Circus

Quote:
I was so grieved, I had to stop myself sobbing , the Spirit in me was so grieved. I felt the Lord saying to me that this was a "circus." Benny was the ringmaster. Also, the most important part of the night was collecting the money. The crowd were informed that if they had no money that they could take credit cards, which they urged people to do, even if they had no money. This would be a "seed ," for them. There is a reason that Benny lives in a 10 million dollor mansion. Now where did the Lord live? Thats right, the Son of God had no where to lay His head.

The worse part of my attendance was that I had taken my unsaved wife with me, I deeply regretted that.

Circus. Have had the same word and thoughts ever since I first heard of this. Was once a devote' of Benny Hinn along with my wife and we were greatly enamored of him and the whole constructs that surrounded it all. I know it is very redundant for anyone who has been around these parts, but there are others as well, Krispy always comes to mind, both of us having much more experience than some who may have attended a conference or two. Besides those conferences we also drove 600 miles to attend a private, members only type conference that was held in a hotel ball room. Recall it cost us a couple hundred bucks and it might have held maybe 200 to 300 people. It was such a cult like atmosphere that it struck me as so even as such a great fan and follower of the man. The things that went on there were freakish and at times downright scary. The calling forth "that the Holy Spirit has arrived" and the confusion that ensued where they had us line up against a wall, (facing it for a time) and then systematically moved down the line so we could be manipulated, brainwashed that is into believing we were about to experience the great 'slain in the spirit' phenomenon. Even leaving my seat I hesitated and was very reluctant, something was amiss, but like other times was still able to suppress it and go along with the whole falsity of it all.
The money thing was also very grievous, besides the usual twisting and contortions in general there was something said to the effect that "God told him" that there were, I forget how many, say 5 people that can write checks for $1000.00 "right now" and I watched a gentleman in front of me do just that. One Hispanic brother so overcome with emotion and certainly earnest and sincere gave up his gold watch that might have been a gift he had received from someone else, but he had given something of a testimony at Benny's urging and all I recall was that he was just a simple brother who loved the Lord, he was in tears. Benny still took the watch however and then a number of others came up offering theirs to the same brother. It was the one touching moment but paradoxically in the middle of all this manipulation and incredible suggestive ... brainwashing. There is just no getting around these things as Frank points out, it is incredibly grievous. Christian millionaires on the backs of their followers, from that which they have fleeced from them, conned out of them, suggested and coerced from them, all of it painted up and dressed with the language of scripture.

But it is more than the money being parted, the spiritual ramifications can go on for years. Think it was brother Clint who mentioned how these circus acts can come to town, blow through and then leave the repercussions to the local pastors and churches ... there is so much more that could be said. It is all very grievous.

[i]For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. [/i] 2Ti 4:3,4

May the Lord spare the sincere sheep and may we ever continue to warn them, I am indebted to the ones that had the courage to warn me.

2008/4/26 20:33Profile
Rhys

Why is it the same people that fell for Toronto, Brownsville, Holy Trinity Brompton, Hinn, Copeland, Hagin, Colin Dye, etc will fall for this? It breaks my heart to see yet another wave of deception take the church by storm. However, I am made glad in my spirit that these things are fortold, 2 Thess. 2:11, God will send the delution, (Greek: ERROR)that they might believe a lie! Why does He do this? because He is as sick of it as we are.

We are looking for revival and all along the Lord has responded. He has caused many within the house of faith to acknowlegde that what has been foretold is coming to pass. Warn the saints for sure, and take comfort that our hearts have been warmed to the Word of God, not forsaking his command, that we "love one another". That does not mean we have to love error, delution or deception. It is because we love the brethren that we cry in the midnight hour. Have no pity for such ministry or ministers, preach to the flock that some might be saved from the spell of satan. Can he, satan, be worshiped in the temple of God? You bet! he already is when he has replace truth with lies, light for darkness, Christ with man.

Thank you for posting this warning. No doubt this pernicious doctrine will make its way to Wales. When it does, we shall be ready!

Thank you Andrew, and those who will stand in the day of need.

God bless

Rhys

2008/4/27 10:08Profile
tinluke

New England USA

Last week my family and I were visiting my husband's father in Clearmont Florida. We drove by this church that had a big red banner out front that said "healing service", instantly I got a sick feeling in my stomach. My husband and I both noticed it and just looked at each other and rolled our eyes. We didn't want to say anything with the kids in the car, but we both seemed to know instantly that it was a fraud.

Then I came home and started reading my emails and checking out the posts on this site when I relized that the "revival" church was the same one we drove by on our visit to Florida. It can't just be a coincidence that we just happened to drive by the most talked about church in America at the height of it's success.

I believe the Lord allowed my husband and I to experience the "drive by" to show us something about discernment. I believe the Holy Spirit can let us know in an instant if it is from the Lord of not. We don't have to check it out and research something to know wether or not it truly represnts Christ.

I get so upset when I think of thousands upon thousands of people being deceived by such foolishness. I've talked to many who seem so genuine, who love the Lord with all their heart, mind and soul, but they have not problem excepting all this garbage. I talked to one women today who was boasting about the "big revival" in Fl. When I told her about my "drive by" experience she came back with "well they're preaching the name of Christ. Can the devil preach Christ?" I quoted Zac Poonen from his "Escape Deception" sermon. She really seemed open to truth and said that she would check out the sermon for herself. I know she loves the Lord, I just pray that the Lord will open her eyes to the truth.

In HIM,

Tina

2008/4/30 19:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy