SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Over 100,000 downloads of Ten Shekels and A Shirt!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Over 100,000 downloads of Ten Shekels and A Shirt!

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/revival/tenshekels10k.gif[/img]

Saints,

There has been over [b]100,000 downloads[/b] of the famous sermon Ten Shekels and a Shirt by Paris Reidhead on the sermonindex.net site alone!

If you have not heard this message before do listen to it. And if you have heard it before and it has blessed you leave a comment by choosing the link below:

[b]Ten Shekels and a Shirt by Paris Reidhead[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=282&commentView=itemComments

[i]Paris Reidhead preaches what could be called one of the most influential sermons of the 20th century. The real point of this sermon is an indictment of individuals and organizations practising humanism behind a mask of Christianity! "This sermon should be preached on a regular basis in every church in America!" [/i]

2008/4/23 22:09Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: Over 100,000 downloads of Ten Shekels and A Shirt!

Praise God! may God send this message forth even more, here is an excerpt. Its hard to grasp the burden and with what power he speaks this word, one must listen to get this in full.

[i]Why should a person come to the cross? Why should a person embrace death with Christ? Why should a person be willing to go, in identification, down to the cross and into the tomb and up again? I’ll tell you why – because it’s the only way that God can get glory out of human being! If you say it’s because he’ll get joy or peace or blessing or success or fame then it’s nothing but a Levite serving for ten shekels and a shirt. There is only one reason for you to go to the Cross, dear young person – and that’s because until you come to the place of union with Christ in death, you are defrauding the Son of God of the glory that He could get out of your life. For no flesh shall glory in His sight. And until you’ve understood the sanctifying work of God by the Holy Ghost taking you into union with Christ in death and burial and resurrection, you have to serve in what you have and all you have which is under the sentence of death: human personality, and human nature, and human strength, and human energy. And God will get no glory out of that! So the reason for you to go to the cross isn’t that you’re going to get victory – you will get victory. It isn’t that you’re going to have joy – you will have joy. But the reason for you to embrace the cross and press through until you know that you can testify with Paul, "I am crucified with Christ.." (Galatians 2:20) It isn’t what you’re going to get out of it, but what He’ll get out of it, for the glory of God. By the same token, why aren’t you pressed through to know the fullness of the Holy Spirit? Why aren’t you pressed through to know the fullness of Christ? I’ll tell you why – Because the only possible way that Jesus Christ will get glory out of a life that He’s redeemed with His precious blood, is when He can fill that life with His presence and live through it his own life.[/i]

2008/4/24 2:51Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Amen brother.

2008/4/24 11:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy