SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : K.P. Yohannan Quotes...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 K.P. Yohannan Quotes...

[img]http://www.gfamedia.org/images/gen_about_kp-yohannan.jpg[/img]

founder of www.gfa.org

[i]Jesus said the heart is where the treasures are kept. So what can we say about many evangelical Christians? Getting into debt for cars, homes and furnishings that probably are not needed and sacrificing family, church and health for corporate promotions and career advancement–I believe all this is deception, engineered by the god of this world to ensnare and destroy effective Christians and to keep them from sharing the Gospel with those who need it.[/i]

- K. P. Yohannan

2008/4/14 18:12Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re: K.P. Yohannan Quotes...

Once, on a 2,000-mile auto trip across the American West, I made it a point to listen to Christian radio all along the way. What I heard revealed much about the secret motivations that drive many Christians. Some of the broadcasts would have been hilarious if they weren’t exploiting the gullible–hawking health, wealth and success in the name of Christianity.

- Some speakers offered holy oil and lucky charms to those who sent in money and requested them.

- Some speakers offered prayer cloths that had blessed believers with $70,000 to $100,000, new cars, houses and health.

- One speaker said he would mail holy soap he had blessed. If used with his instructions, it would wash away bad luck, evil friends and sickness. Again he promised “plenty of money” and everything else the user wanted.

- K. P. Yohannan

2008/4/14 18:13Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

If only a small percentage of the 80 million people who claim to be born-again Christians in this country were to sponsor a native missionary, we could have literally hundreds of thousands of evangelists reaching the lost villages of Asia. When we look at the unfinished Great Commission and compare it to our personal lifestyles–or to the activity calendars of our churches and organizations–how can we explain our disobedience? We must see a great repentance from the sin of our unbelief in God’s judgment.

- K. P. Yohannan

sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

The millions of Asians who are dying and going to Hell are people for whom Christ died. We say we believe it–but what are we doing to act on that faith? Without works, faith is dead. No one should go to hell today without hearing about the Lord Jesus. To me this is an atrocity much worse than the death camps of Hitler’s Germany or Stalin’s Russia. As horrible as the 1.3 million abortions are in the United States each year, the eternal loss of multiplied millions of additional souls every year is the greatest preventable tragedy of our times.

- K.P. Yohannan

sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

If you knew the horrors of the potential judgment that hangs over us–if we really believed in what is coming–how differently we would live. Why aren’t Christians living in obedience to God? Because of their unbelief. Why did Eve fall into sin? Because she did not truly believe in the judgment–that death really would come if she ate what God forbade. This is the same reason many continue in lives of sin and disobedience. - K. P. Yohannan

sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Believers are willing to accept the concept of heaven, but they look the other way when they come to passages in the Bible about hell. Very few seem to believe that those who die without Christ are going to a place where they will be tormented forever and ever in a bottomless pit where the fire is not quenched and they are separated from God and His love for all eternity without any chance of return.

- K. P. Yohannan

sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

It is painful to think about Hell and judgment. I understand why preachers do not like to talk about it, because I don’t either. It is so much easier to preach that “God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life” or to focus on the many delightful aspects of “possibility thinking” and the “word of faith” that brings health, wealth, and happiness. The grace and love of God are pleasant subjects, and no one more beautifully demonstrated them than our Lord Jesus. Yet in His earthly ministry, He made more references to Hell and judgment than He did to Heaven. Jesus lived with the reality of Hell, and He died on Calvary because He knew it was real and coming to everyone who doesn’t turn to God in this life.

- K.P. Yohannan

sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

One of the great boasts of many Western evangelical Christians is their devotion to the Scriptures. It is hard to find a church that does not at one time or another brag about being “Bible believing.” When I first came here, I made the mistake of taking that description at face value. But I have come to see that many evangelical Christians do not really believe the Word of God, especially when it talks about Hell and judgment. Instead, they selectively accept only the portions that allow them to continue living in their current lifestyles.

- K.P. Yohannan

2008/4/14 18:14Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

How far we have drifted from the faith of the apostles and the prophets! What a tragedy when the techniques of the world and its agents are brought into the sanctuary of God. Only when we are emptied of our own self-sufficiency can God use us.

- K.P. Yohannan

2008/4/14 18:14Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy