SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Weeping with tears over our sin, Vision of Jesus , Heaven and Hell

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Weeping with tears over our sin, Vision of Jesus , Heaven and Hell

Whilst I was in a meeting I think I was on my knees this girl was crying beside me, I sometimes cry over my sin and over circumstances. weeping over our sin not just because we have to or our forced to do!
Jonathan Edwards said stamp Eternity on my eyeballs and William Booth once wrote to a ministry that wanted to see revivial try tears!
Weeping over my sin and our nations sin!

To the churches in revelation jesus had a different vision of himself to address the sin and the circumstances that they were going through what would jesus say to your church! How would he address the sin?

God give us visions of Heaven and Hell so we have eternity on our eyeballs

De 33:20 - Show Context
And of Gad he said: "Blessed is he who enlarges Gad; He dwells as a lion, And tears the arm and the crown of his head.

2Ki 20:5 - Show Context
"Return and tell Hezekiah the leader of My people, 'Thus says the Lord, the God of David your father: "I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; surely I will heal you. On the third day you shall go up to the house of the Lord.

Es 8:3 - Show Context
Now Esther spoke again to the king, fell down at his feet, and implored him with tears to counteract the evil of Haman the Agagite, and the scheme which he had devised against the Jews.

Job 16:9 - Show Context
He tears me in His wrath, and hates me; He gnashes at me with His teeth; My adversary sharpens His gaze on me.

Job 16:20 - Show Context
My friends scorn me; My eyes pour out tears to God.

Ps 6:6 - Show Context
I am weary with my groaning; All night I make my bed swim; I drench my couch with my tears.

Ps 39:12 - Show Context
"Hear my prayer, O Lord, And give ear to my cry; Do not be silent at my tears; For I am a stranger with You, A sojourner, as all my fathers were.

Ps 42:3 - Show Context
My tears have been my food day and night, While they continually say to me, "Where is your God?"

Ps 56:8 - Show Context
You number my wanderings; Put my tears into Your bottle; Are they not in Your book?

Ps 80:5 - Show Context
You have fed them with the bread of tears, And given them tears to drink in great measure.

Ps 116:8 - Show Context
For You have delivered my soul from death, My eyes from tears, And my feet from falling.

Ps 126:5 - Show Context
Those who sow in tears Shall reap in joy.

Ec 4:1 - Show Context
Then I returned and considered all the oppression that is done under the sun: And look! The tears of the oppressed, But they have no comforter-- On the side of their oppressors there is power, But they have no comforter.

Isa 16:9 - Show Context
Therefore I will bewail the vine of Sibmah, With the weeping of Jazer; I will drench you with my tears, O Heshbon and Elealeh; For battle cries have fallen Over your summer fruits and your harvest.

Isa 25:8 - Show Context
He will swallow up death forever, And the Lord God will wipe away tears from all faces; The rebuke of His people He will take away from all the earth; For the Lord has spoken.

Isa 38:5 - Show Context
"Go and tell Hezekiah, 'Thus says the Lord, the God of David your father: "I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; surely I will add to your days fifteen years.

Jer 9:1 - Show Context
Oh, that my head were waters, And my eyes a fountain of tears, That I might weep day and night For the slain of the daughter of my people!

Jer 9:18 - Show Context
Let them make haste And take up a wailing for us, That our eyes may run with tears, And our eyelids gush with water.

Jer 13:17 - Show Context
But if you will not hear it, My soul will weep in secret for your pride; My eyes will weep bitterly And run down with tears, Because the Lord's flock has been taken captive.

Jer 14:17 - Show Context
"Therefore you shall say this word to them: 'Let my eyes flow with tears night and day, And let them not cease; For the virgin daughter of my people Has been broken with a mighty stroke, with a very severe blow.

Jer 31:16 - Show Context
Thus says the Lord: "Refrain your voice from weeping, And your eyes from tears; For your work shall be rewarded, says the Lord, And they shall come back from the land of the enemy.

La 1:2 - Show Context
She weeps bitterly in the night, Her tears are on her cheeks; Among all her lovers She has none to comfort her. All her friends have dealt treacherously with her; They have become her enemies.

La 2:11 - Show Context
My eyes fail with tears, My heart is troubled; My bile is poured on the ground Because of the destruction of the daughter of my people, Because the children and the infants Faint in the streets of the city.

La 2:18 - Show Context
Their heart cried out to the Lord, "O wall of the daughter of Zion, Let tears run down like a river day and night; Give yourself no relief; Give your eyes no rest.

Eze 24:16 - Show Context
"Son of man, behold, I take away from you the desire of your eyes with one stroke; yet you shall neither mourn nor weep, nor shall your tears run down.

Mic 5:8 - Show Context
And the remnant of Jacob Shall be among the Gentiles, In the midst of many peoples, Like a lion among the beasts of the forest, Like a young lion among flocks of sheep, Who, if he passes through, Both treads down and tears in pieces, And none can deliver.

Mal 2:13 - Show Context
And this is the second thing you do: You cover the altar of the Lord with tears, With weeping and crying; So He does not regard the offering anymore, Nor receive it with goodwill from your hands.

Mr 9:24 - Show Context
Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, "Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!"

Lu 7:38 - Show Context
and stood at His feet behind Him weeping; and she began to wash His feet with her tears, and wiped them with the hair of her head; and she kissed His feet and anointed them with the fragrant oil.

Lu 7:44 - Show Context
Then He turned to the woman and said to Simon, "Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave Me no water for My feet, but she has washed My feet with her tears and wiped them with the hair of her head.

Ac 20:19 - Show Context
serving the Lord with all humility, with many tears and trials which happened to me by the plotting of the Jews;

Ac 20:31 - Show Context
Therefore watch, and remember that for three years I did not cease to warn everyone night and day with tears.

2Co 2:4 - Show Context
For out of much affliction and anguish of heart I wrote to you, with many tears, not that you should be grieved, but that you might know the love which I have so abundantly for you.

2Ti 1:4 - Show Context
greatly desiring to see you, being mindful of your tears, that I may be filled with joy,

Heb 5:7 - Show Context
who, in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His godly fear,

Heb 12:17 - Show Context
For you know that afterward, when he wanted to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place for repentance, though he sought it diligently with tears.

2008/4/14 7:06Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re: Weeping with tears over our sin, Vision of Jesus , Heaven and Hell

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
I have been crying over my sin!
Does anyone feel that when gods love hits your life, that you hate it!
He is so good and you are not! and you are almost angry at him! for being good!
We are all guilty of putting our saviour on the cross not out of love but out of envy and jealousy!
Why cannot we cry over our sin, where is the weeping in the church gone to!
Weeping over the Homeless, Weeping over lost souls!
Weeping over sin! Why cannot we cry! Is it all because we live in a stiff upper lip culture!
Why cannot we cry over those in Korea who are part of our body who are suffering? Why cannot we weep over our sin! and weep! and weep over those we are angry at!
jesus wept over the israelites in Jerusalem, help us shed tears for our church! for broken relationsips,
If Jesus is not weeping over the church, a church that is rejecting him!
Lord help us to cry in our prayer meetings, not only cry over our sin but other people sin!
Cry and weep for his presence ! Do you not think Jesus weeps also over unbelief in him!
Believing that he cannot restore his church, do you think he does not cry! Help us feel his heart!
Do you not think that scripture was not birthed in tears
Help us cry not only for my sins oh Lord but the sins of my brother and my sister!
Help us cry for more of your presence and continue to cry until our tears can fill all the seas in the world and all the hydrogen plus oxygen in the universe!

2008/4/17 19:00Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re: Weeping with tears over our sin, Vision of Jesus , Heaven and Hell

[b]The Godly Person Weeps![/b]

(by Thomas Watson)

Christ calls His spouse His "dove" (Song 2:14).
The dove is a weeping creature. Grace dissolves
and liquefies the soul, causing a spiritual thaw.
The sorrow of the heart runs out at the eye.

A godly heart grieves that it is not more holy.
It troubles him that he falls short of the rule
and standard which God has set. "I should",
he says, "love the Lord with all my heart.
But how defective my love is! How far short
I come of what I should be, no, of what I
might have been!"

A godly man sometimes weeps out of the
sense of God's love. Gold is the finest and
most solid of all the metals, yet it is soonest
melted in the fire. Gracious hearts, which
are golden hearts, are the soonest melted
into tears by the fire of God's love.

I once knew a holy man, who was walking
in his garden and shedding plenty of tears
when a friend came on him accidentally
and asked him why he wept. He broke
forth into this passionate expression:
"Oh, the love of Christ, the love of Christ!"
Thus we have seen the cloud melted into
water by the sunbeams.

A godly person weeps because the sins he
commits are in some sense worse than the
sins of other men. The sin of a justified
person is very odious, because it is a sin
of unkindness.

Peter's denying of Christ was a sin against love.
Christ had enrolled him among the apostles.
He had taken him up into the Mount and
shown him the glory of heaven in a vision.
Yet after all this mercy, it was base
ingratitude that he should deny Christ.
This made him go out and "weep bitterly."
He baptized himself, as it were, in his own tears.

The sins of the godly go nearest to God's heart.

The sins of the wicked anger the Lord.
The godly man's sins grieve Him.

The sins of the wicked pierce Christ's side.
The sins of the godly wound his heart.

The unkindness of a spouse goes
nearest to the heart of her husband.

How far from being godly are those who
scarcely ever shed a tear for sin! If they
lose a near relation, they weep, but
though they are in danger of losing God
and their souls, they do not weep. How
few know what it is to be in an agony
for sin or what a broken heart means!
Their eyes are not like the "fishpools in
Heshbon", full of water (Song 7:4), but
rather like the mountains of Gilboa, which
had no dew upon them (2 Sam. 1:21).

Others, if they sometimes shed a tear,
are still never the better. They go on in
wickedness, and do not drown their sins
in their tears. Let us strive for this divine
characteristic: to be weepers.

This is "a repentance not to be repented of"
(2 Cor. 7:10). It is reported of Mr. Bradford, the
martyr, the he was of a melting spirit; he
seldom sat down to his meal but some tears
trickled down his cheeks.

There are two lavers to wash away sin:
blood and tears. The blood of Christ washes
away the guilt of sin; tears wash away the filth.

Repenting tears are precious.
God puts them in His bottle (Psalm. 56:8).

Repenting tears are beautifying.
A tear in the eye adorns more than a ring of
the finger. Oil makes the face shine. (Ps. 104:15).

Repenting tears make the heart shine.

Repenting tears are comforting.
A sinner's mirth turns to melancholy.
A saint's mourning turns to music.

Repentance may be compared to myrrh,
which though it is bitter to the taste,
is comforting to the spirits.

Repentance may be bitter to the fleshy part,
but, it is most refreshing to the spiritual.
Wax that melts is fit for the seal. A melting
soul is fit to take the stamp of all heavenly
blessing. Let us give Christ the water of our
tears and He will give us the wine of His Blood!

2008/4/17 19:18Profile

Re:

James 4:10
Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Psalm 30:5
.......weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

2008/4/17 19:36
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Quote:

Oh that my head were waters, and mine eyes a fountain of tears, that I might weep day and night for the slain of the daughter of my people!

Psalms 6:1-7
1 O LORD, rebuke me not in thine anger, neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure. 2 Have mercy upon me, O LORD; for I am weak: O LORD, heal me; for my bones are vexed. 3 My soul is also sore vexed: but thou, O LORD, how long? 4 Return, O LORD, deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies' sake. 5 For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks? 6 I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears. 7 Mine eye is consumed because of grief; it waxeth old because of all mine enemies.
a

The verse in Jeremiah with the pain in the world and with my family situation and everything that has been going on! I so want a breakthrough not only with personal things to cry for my friends and for my nation and for Israel!

I love the imagery of a fountain and my head weeping tears!

and the verse in Psalms about making wet the tears of the bed!

Oh that I could cry for my local church and for my nation and see a breakthrough! and that my heart could be moved like John Hyde!

Quote:

2Ki 20:5 - Show Context
Turn again, and tell Hezekiah the captain of my people, Thus saith the LORD, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will heal thee: on the third day thou shalt go up unto the house of the LORD.

Es 8:3 - Show Context
And Esther spake yet again before the king, and fell down at his feet, and besought him with tears to put away the mischief of Haman the Agagite, and his device that he had devised against the Jews.

Job 16:20 - Show Context
My friends scorn me: but mine eye poureth out tears unto God.

Ps 6:6 - Show Context
I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears.

Ps 39:12 - Show Context
Hear my prayer, O LORD, and give ear unto my cry; hold not thy peace at my tears: for I am a stranger with thee, and a sojourner, as all my fathers were.

Ps 42:3 - Show Context
My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God?

Ps 56:8 - Show Context
Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?

Ps 80:5 - Show Context
Thou feedest them with the bread of tears; and givest them tears to drink in great measure.

Ps 116:8 - Show Context
For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling.

Ps 126:5 - Show Context
They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.

Ec 4:1 - Show Context
So I returned, and considered all the oppressions that are done under the sun: and behold the tears of such as were oppressed, and they had no comforter; and on the side of their oppressors there was power; but they had no comforter.

Isa 16:9 - Show Context
Therefore I will bewail with the weeping of Jazer the vine of Sibmah: I will water thee with my tears, O Heshbon, and Elealeh: for the shouting for thy summer fruits and for thy harvest is fallen.

Isa 25:8 - Show Context
He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.

Isa 38:5 - Show Context
Go, and say to Hezekiah, Thus saith the LORD, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will add unto thy days fifteen years.

Oh that my head were waters, and mine eyes a fountain of tears, that I might weep day and night for the slain of the daughter of my people!

Jer 9:18 - Show Context
And let them make haste, and take up a wailing for us, that our eyes may run down with tears, and our eyelids gush out with waters.

Jer 13:17 - Show Context
But if ye will not hear it, my soul shall weep in secret places for your pride; and mine eye shall weep sore, and run down with tears, because the LORD'S flock is carried away captive.

Jer 14:17 - Show Context
Therefore thou shalt say this word unto them; Let mine eyes run down with tears night and day, and let them not cease: for the virgin daughter of my people is broken with a great breach, with a very grievous blow.

Jer 31:16 - Show Context
Thus saith the LORD; Refrain thy voice from weeping, and thine eyes from tears: for thy work shall be rewarded, saith the LORD; and they shall come again from the land of the enemy.

La 1:2 - Show Context
She weepeth sore in the night, and her tears are on her cheeks: among all her lovers she hath none to comfort her: all her friends have dealt treacherously with her, they are become her enemies. a

Quote:
a

2009/8/1 18:00Profile

Re: Desiring God

I hear ya brother. I have to force myself to cry. But you know it's the Holy Spirit that brings us to that place where we do cry out to God. I remember one time when I was so sick of myself that I just wanted to die. I was recently filled with the holy Spirit and about 4 months later I fell into sin. Oh I hated myself and every night before I fell off to sleep I prayed that the LORD would kill me in my sleep, I just didn't want to live anymore having grieved the holy Spirit with sin. I prayed that way for a couple of weeks. I got up one day and went to the kitchen and began to weep uncontrollably. It was a weird experience that I will never forget. Tears flowed from my eyes like a river and I kept asking myself, "why am I crying". That went on for awhile. And I realized later that the LORD was grieved that I was asking Him to kill me. It wasn't His will and plan for my life. There have been other times when He would move upon me with great burdens to pray and weep.

I think that He wants us to be ready and available when He calls on us to weep between the porch and the altar. But if we are still stuck with sinful habits we are not ready to be called upon to stand for the truth of His word.

But to try to bring about revival by ourselves, the results we have seen with these weird and unusual ministries that crop up that pray in the name of "bam" or bark like dogs and hiss like snakes.

The Holy Spirit knows when to bring about a revival. Jesus said to remain in Jerusalem till you be endued with power from on high. There is a certain time and a certain place that He chooses to bring about a move of God.

The men that prayed that brought about the Hebrides revival were simple folk who were moved by the holy Spirit to pray and seek God. God spoke to them about prayer, God deposited something into them that caused them to want more of God. The desire has to come from God to desire God.

2009/8/1 23:12

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy