SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer for our Brother Christian and his family moving to Norway.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Tears_of_joy

Prayer for our Brother Christian and his family moving to Norway.

Brothers and sisters,

Those of you who hold dear our brother Christian (hmmhmm) and his precious family (he has seven wonderful children), let us support them in prayer in this following period. They are in preparation to move to live in Norway. This is a huge step for their family, pray that the Lord guides them through all this process, especially to find a house for living and safely moving and settling down, especially for the children, that they may find godly friends from the church.

Brother Christian was there few times and found a good fellowship (a church where Zac Poonen is preaching often times), and a brother from there offered him a job.

He doesn't have internet access right now, so he humbly asked me to post a prayer request here.

I am feeling led to post his last words to me (few days ago), that were great encouragement to me. The Lord's work in his heart is so precious. How God is teaching him the school of the old paths is wonderful. Those of you who have been through the same school will recognize the fragrance of the Potters house and Potters hands!

I have meet some opposition from the wicked one here in the form of unbelief. I thank the Lord I have had the mercy to stand fast. And God has in miraculous way brother opened up possibilities for us and a house.

The agony of faith is sometimes very hard. Everyone speaks the voice of reason. We have to stand in faith and look like a fool. But God honors them that stand in faith. He did this time.

And we will probably move sooner, but we have great lack of money, so if anything will work out it is from God. Knowing he lack nothing to supply us. May we get grace to stand with a grateful heart.

Having no internet is a 'bummer' as they say :) but it has left me with time with God.
And I have been meditating much on faith vs unbelief.

Faith often comes with a breaking of self, and death and agony.
As when Abraham went in faith to sacrifice his ONLY son. Already had to send away his other son now he has to give it all this agony of faith in our moving toward god is the most character building

The more breaking the more making of the man from God, what a precious lesson to learn. That seeing the arm o the lord.

Many times it is not revealed to us in that way. We be like the unbelieving Jews and when seeing Him we don't receive Him.

But when we can see him. his arm at work in our life. the power of his breakings for our flesh and self. To totally trust in him in faith. In absolute foolishness and beyond logic and reason. and have even our closest loved ones look at us in despising ways and to carry that and yet trust God

He is great our God

May we see his arm in our storms and agonies and the dry seasons he leads his flock to greater pastures

I would say Amen to all this.

Thank you and may God bless us with the knowledge of Who He Is.

Kire

2008/4/13 21:31Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re: Prayer for our Brother Christian and his family moving to Norway.

Praying.

Thanks for making this known Kire. The lack of posts from Christian had me wondering…they are always refreshing.

May God continue to strengthen Christian and is family in this time of transition.

2008/4/13 22:20Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Kire,

Appreciate you giving us an update on Christian. He is a real inspiration....I have seen his growth here on SI which does inspire one, especially when one sees so much apostasy.

I hope things will go well with Christian and his family.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2008/4/13 23:33Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Thanks for sharing this Kire. I remember Christian asking for prayer about moving quite a while ago, this must be something he's been agonizing over for a while. Praise God that he is taking this next step of faith!

The Lord is going to break and make that man for His glory.

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
(Psa 1:1-3)

In Christ,

Ron

2008/4/13 23:33Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Those of you who hold dear our brother Christian (hmmhmm) and his precious family (he has seven wonderful children), let us support them in prayer in this following period. They are in preparation to move to live in Norway. This is a huge step for their family, pray that the Lord guides them through all this process, especially to find a house for living and safely moving and settling down, especially for the children, that they may find godly friends from the church.

Amen. May God be with and guide his family during this time. God is our provider.

2008/4/13 23:36Profile
myfirstLove

Re:

It brought me much joy to read Christian's testimony. My heart leap with deep joy to hear brother Christian's enduring love for God. What a blessedness to my soul to hear the cross working in the life of the saints! God bless you, brother Christian for your joy, love, patience and humility in the cross and may grace abound!

Your sister in Christ, Lisa

2008/4/14 1:09Profile
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re:

Thank you Brother Kire for letting us know about this precious brother, whom having not seen we love, simply by the tenor of the many messages he has posted and the spirit of humility that flows through all his comments here for these months upon months.

I will certainly be praying for him and his family.

Clint

2008/4/14 4:40Profile

Re:

WOW, good reading!

2008/4/14 10:37

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy