SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Of what value?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Of what value?

Ornan said to David, "Take it for yourself; and let my lord the king do what is good in his sight. See, I will give the oxen for burnt offerings and the threshing sledges for wood and the wheat for the grain offering; I will give it all." But King David said to Ornan, "No, but I will surely buy it for the full price; for I will not take what is yours for the LORD, or offer a burnt offering which costs me nothing." (1 Chronicles 21:23-24) If it is of no value to me then of what value is it to God? Ever stop and ask yourself that one? David grabbed a hold of a concept here that we all need to get a hold of. Most of what we do for the Lord is out of convenience. In our fast paced world of convenience we have missed the mark. We have gotten to where we think we are offering all that we have to God! What was the last thing you offered to the Lord that was of value to you? Now don’t get me wrong with cost and value, I know that there is a lot of stuff around my house that cost me something but that doesn’t mean it is of any value to me. Well the same is true with what we are giving to God, if it has no value to you then of what value is it to God? David could have made an offering to the Lord of monumental size that cost him nothing and said, “Check me out, I am the man!” Maybe we need to realize if it is of no value to us then it is of no value to God. If you stop and think about the cost and the value of what it took to redeem you and me, and the price that God paid. Well you get the point. C Young

2008/4/12 21:17

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy