SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Hosea's book "Your best life now"

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Hosea's book "Your best life now"

Jehovah Jireh “the Lord who provides” used quiet a variety of different personality Prophets. Some of the prophets, as you know, are called Minor Prophets and some called Major Prophets. I don’t believe the Minor Prophets had any less important message but were only shorter winded prophets. He used men of all walks of life. Rich men, poor men, simple men, smart men. All types and women as well. Poets like David, sermon prophets like Jeremiah, and Amos, essays prophets like Paul, autobiography prophets such as Jonah. He used some prophets that there name was not mentioned, he used acting prophets at times who would live out the message that God would later give them a sermon to preach to his people.

God told Hosea, ok Hosea here is what I want you to do. Go marry a prostitute. It is unknown, as far as I know, if there is biblical any description of her appearance, but with a name like Gomer, you can imagine. Man it would be bad enough to marry a women named Gomer, much less her being a prostitute too. Hosea did as God told him to do. God said ok Hosea I want you to go preach to my people and this is what I want you to tell them. You have did the same thing in marrying Gomer as I did for them “Israel”. Even though Israel had been a prostitute to other Gods in worshipping other Gods but I married her anyway. God said Hosea you tell them that. Hosea preached the message and I’m sure it was not a popular one. Some probably accused him of not loving the brethren. Then Gomer left Hosea and went back to her old job selling herself. Then God said Hosea I want you to go buy her back. I can only imagine Gomer's thoughts when God told him that. Hosea went to town for the bidding on Gomer and Hosea did just as God said and bought her back. He gave a big price for her, one reason because the people were bidding against him and raising the price for fun and games to humiliate Hosea. Hosea bought her back and she home with him. Then God said ok Hosea go tell the people that this is the act that you did, is exactly what I did for them and you tell preach them. As Isaiah said once, Israel has spread her legs, as a prostitute to other Gods after I marriage and then I took her back. God said you go preach this message Hosea. I would imagine there was no way that Hosea could get a book published about his ministry in Israel or sell his book if he had named it “Your best life now”, but he was God’s man for the time and the message. This story is a salvation message of how Jesus took us back, undeserving, by his grace and his love and had overwheming forgiveness for us. He paid much for us and this can be found here in Hosea, a likeness. He gave it all for us. Did Hosea and Gomer live happy ever after. The Bible does not tell us this fact, but I believe after Gomer tasted how much grace was given her and the undeserving love from Hosea that they did live happily ever after. What do you think?
Reference test: the book of Hosea.

2008/4/12 17:23
elected

Tulsa OK

Re: Hosea's book "Your best life now"

Moe_mac said

Quote:
This story is a salvation message of how Jesus took us back, undeserving, by his grace and his love and had overwheming forgiveness for us. He paid much for us and this can be found here in Hosea, a likeness. He gave it all for us. Did Hosea and Gomer live happy ever after. The Bible does not tell us this fact, but I believe after Gomer tasted how much grace was given her and the undeserving love from Hosea that they did live happily ever after. What do you think?

I cant speculate if Hosea and Gomer lived happily after he bought her back for a second time to be his wife again.God only knows the end of their story, but one thing i know that God had much problem with a rebelious and disobedient people the Isreal who will not keep their covenant with God pure and clean but with commit spiritual adultry by worshiping other gods.
Hosea gives us a good example of compasion, mercy that he showed with his wife.I love the merciful way God deals with his people even when they deserve only his wrath and judgment for their sins, God reaches out with compassion and love to save us from sin and its consequences.This is his grace and mercy that make Him to be that awesome God about whom the bible says God is love.Amen God is love and whoever lives in this love knows God.

2008/4/12 20:35Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy