Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : serious question to all saints

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
brodav9

Sylacauga Alabama

serious question to all saints

in the several years of my evangelistic ministry I have been eye opened by the Holy Spirit, to a serious problem that involves more people than you could imagine. that is John 3:16. many people have said to me while asking them if they were a christian would say yes. I had learned to ask a second question. If you were to die right now would you go to heaven? the answer by almost all people is they don't know. The salvation of a person must be by faith. I know that some may be confused because they are not living right but still one must beleive that God who is the author and finisher of their faith will do all possible to get them there. We need to confess our sins and apply the cleansing blood and receive forgiveness 1 Jn. 1:9. part B. of Jn. 3:16 says whosoever beleiveth in him should not perrish but have everlasting life. this is only by faith in the full promise of 3:16. If we live holy pure lives we will not have to be feeling guilty and living as though we are not sure about all God has given us freely by faith. God bless that you are sure of your salvation. Matt. 24:13 He that endures to the end shall be saved.

2008/4/11 15:06Profile

Re: serious question to all saints

Quote:
If you were to die right now would you go to heaven? the answer by almost all people is they don't know

There are just somethings that we'll never know, and that is our redemption. It's a day to day thing. I hope that I'll endure to the end, only God knows. None of us really knows if we've been apprehended to be fitted for honour or dishonour.
Quote:
Ecclesiastes 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

2008/4/11 16:30
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: serious question to all saints

BroDav, salvation is of God's great grace and
mercy and not of ourselves. But after salvation
comes the call to committ ourselves to follow
the Lord and pursue His purposes and will for
us. This call to surrender our rights and
commit our selves wholly to serving God is an
absolute must!! Once you are called, then you
know you are chosen in Him!!

2008/4/11 17:42Profile

Re:

Quote:
There are just somethings that we'll never know, and that is our redemption. It's a day to day thing. I hope that I'll endure to the end, only God knows. None of us really knows if we've been apprehended to be fitted for honour or dishonour.

Really? Are you serious? (...and I do not mean that sarcastically)

Then what does it mean to be reconciled to God?

What does it mean to have peace with God?

What is the purpose of scripture if not to give us assurance that we are His?

Is the Gospel Good News, or is it just good advice on how to live this life?

Mahoney

2008/4/11 17:44

Re:

[size=x-small]There are just somethings that we'll never know, and that is our redemption. It's a day to day thing. I hope that I'll endure to the end, only God knows. None of us really knows if we've been apprehended to be fitted for honour or dishonour.[/size]

I think each one will know within their own heart, however,

HIS WORDS:
Titus 1:14-2:1
15 To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted.[b] 16 They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him.[/b] They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.

and

Rom 1:21-27

[b]21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him,[/b] but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.
Rom 1:28-32

28 Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32 Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things[b] but also approve of those who practice them.[/b]

2008/4/11 18:15

Re:

Quote:
What is the purpose of scripture if not to give us assurance that we are His?

Have you ever gone back into sin so long that you've felt like you were going to hell? I have, and it's only the mercy of God and the fear of God that I am here today.

What He does with us is up to Him, I can't control Him. One day He may frighten me with dreams and visions, the next I might be flung into some place of despair. Everyday is salvation and redemption. When I wake up in the morning, I give thanks that I am still here breathing. The assurance that I have is the fact that I am still here, that His longsuffering is still long, that His mercy truly endures forever as David said.

I am thankful that you have that full assurance of eternal salvation, a rare gift of knowing. But I don't have that luxery in knowing, each person is different. Perhaps my character requires that I don't know, perhaps that I would abuse the grace of God. One thing that I don't want to lose in my life is the fear of God. To fear the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the holy is understanding. Therefore get wisdom and with all thy getting get understanding.

Come LORD Jesus come.

2008/4/11 20:03
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:

Brother I'm afraid you've never really understood justification. I'm not saying you're not saved, I'm just saying you don't understand justification.

Justification and peace with God are the foundation upon which we receive the abudance of grace whereby we may live through Jesus Christ.

We don't need to lay again the foundation, our experience must be deeper, Christ is our life and we are crucified with Him, both dead and risen again. That truth will enable us to love a holy life in the joy of the Spirit.

In Christ,

Ron

2008/4/11 21:16Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

1Jo 5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

2008/4/11 21:54Profile

either way I win!

Bro: Dave! good post. Remember the martyrs who cryed to God, "How Long"?? Will you not avenge our blood?".. This seems to be more than allegorical.

Paul's most famous "ABSENT FROM THE BODY, PRESENT WITH THE LORD!" statement. I personally lean toward this, however, Paul writes, "Some Sleep"[Cor:11 vs: 30]

Upon Jesus' resurrection Saints appeared, and evidently walked into the city, or were translated there, to be a witness unto Him. WOW!Put that into your pipe and smoke it. This is new testament! They weren't sleep walking!

7th day Adventists folk have the soul sleep thing pegged to a T, and almost view the present with the Lord idea as heresy. They are very touchy about any other idea.

It's worth meditation and study, for either way it glorifies resurrection of the dead. I believe I will be with the Lord upon the instant of my death, but sleeping a bit would be fine too, if I err.

thanks for the post.,,Brother tom

2008/4/13 10:13
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Quote:

Compliments wrote:
There are just somethings that we'll never know, and that is our redemption. It's a day to day thing. I hope that I'll endure to the end, only God knows. None of us really knows if we've been apprehended to be fitted for honour or dishonour

What's the point to Christianity then if we don't have assurance? The muslims don't know until they die whether or not they get to go to heaven. Shouldn't true followers of Jesus have an assurance of their salvation?

Jordan

2008/4/13 10:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy