SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : demons?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
PosterThread
JoeBenson

Greenville, South Carolina

Re:

Amen Parsly!

2008/4/11 15:27Profile
brodav9

Sylacauga Alabama

Re: demons?

I will try to answer your question. God bless you. first of all you must not be afraid for the truth can be disturbing at times. we are in the world and it is made up of all the things you mentioned physics etc. remember Jonah the Lord caused the terrifying winds to blow. this caused the men to throw Jonah overboard at his desire. in Matt. 12:40 Jesus uses him to tell of a sign of Jesus ressurection to come. still with me? okay, we as christians who come to Jesus are safe in what is really a God controlled world. Yes sometimes we go through trials and tribulations, Acts 14:22 but we are then by faith trusting God to deliver us. Ps.46:1 We must face that the ultimate reality of things is we are in a world which is both good and evil. while we are surrounded with good and evil angels, who come and go freely in the Spiritual realm, we in the natural realm are intersessors to bring about every change for the good. Matt. 5:13 we are salt in the earth. salt seasons to give life. the Holy Spirit trains us in the word to be able to overcome evil,the more we do this the more we will see who is trying to influence our lives. 2 Cor. 11:14 like wolves in sheeps clothing the devil hides behind good to inject evil, kind of like candy that is poisened. We pray and ask God to teach us truth Jn. 16: So what is happening is though demons are working all around us we have not been given a spirit of fear but of power, love, and sound mind 2 Tim.1:7

2008/4/11 15:49Profile
Lor_E

Montana USA

Re: demons?

Quote:
Demons is a subject that i have great difficulty with

Perhaps it is your perception of "demons" that is the issue...

Quote:
This is because if you believe that they are active agents in our lives,

"But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed." James 1:14

"Lest satan should get an advantage of us; we are not ignorant of his devices." ICor 2:11

"But if the gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost. In whom the god of this world hath blinded
the minds of them that believe not,
lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ,
who is the image of God, should shine unto them" ICor 4:3,4

"Ye are of God, little children,and have overcome them: because greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world." 1John 4:4

Quote:
and the whole of progressive Western thought, really, falls by the wayside and everything is motivated or controlled by forces we cannot see or comprehend.

I hope that I do not, as a Christian, simply fall under the role of "western thought", as that could well lead to more deception, which seems to me to be obvious when I view the news.

Quote:
Intention, inspiration, happenstance events, all accidents, your health, your musical abilities etc. all become disjoined from the real world because the real world is evil spirits floating around causing trouble, diseases, crime, cancer etc. people become carriers without selfwill.

My life is under the authority of God the Father and His Son, to whom "all authority under heaven and earth has been given"; I am no longer held in bondage of fear of death or life, all things that come into my life have purpose to teach me, correct me, to form me into the image of Christ.

I am not my own I have been bought with a price.

On the other hand, those who choose to surrender themselves to thier own desires, thier own ideas of good and evil, and ultimately become a slave of sin have already conceeded to a "cruel master" whose intention for them is death and eternal judgement.

How can we not agree that there are those whose hearts and minds are so influenced by wickedness that they seem to be the very image of their father, the devil?

My will is to learn the will of God, to love what He loves and to hate what He hates; "to redeem the time as the days are evil"; and to learn to recognize His voice and "what the will of the Lord is".

There are those whose perceptions of demonic influences are askew; but that does not remove the reality that we have an enemy of our souls that would like to influence us to the harm of our hearts, souls and minds.

"For the weapons of our warefare are not carnal, but are mighty through God for the pulling down of strongholds; casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ." 2Cor 10:4,5

Blessings to you...

2008/4/11 15:52Profile
brodav9

Sylacauga Alabama

Re: just before I replied

before I sent you the reply about demons the devil tried to shut my lights out they blinked but God kept them from going out and stopping me from sending you this message about demons. God confirms his word amen halleluia.

2008/4/11 15:53Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Just so y'all know, this is kind of a continuing topic with Bubba on what's literal in the Bible and what isn't (others have included Noah's flood, etc.).

Jordan

2008/4/11 16:03Profile

Re:

bubbaguy wrote:

Demons were recorded in the Bible as being a cause of many evils that people did not comprehend. So i have to question whether the Bible presents the real Truth of the matter, when it is refering to demons.
bub

2 Thess 2:13-15
13 But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers loved by the Lord, because from the beginning God chose you to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth. 14 He called you to this through our gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.

Translated bubba, God's Word is not be updated as a software program.

2008/4/11 17:01

Re:

"You either have to say that Spiritual Truth changes or the writers aren't conveying to us full spiritual truth. If you say that it changes, you contradict what Truth is. If you say that the authors didn't convey to us spiritual truth, you contradict your first statement. I don't see a way around it. "

Parsly,

the fundamental Truth of the Bible (Salvation through Christ) does not change. but as we understand the Creation better, we can understand the truth of it (the Bible) differently, or in a better way.

we understand mental disease is most often caused by biological functions interupted. In Jesus day they would have said 'Demon' possession. The writer would have one Truth, we would have another understanding of the possible causes for what is interpreted as 'demon'

this isn't crazy. the author meant one thing, and from his perspective it was true ("the guy was acting as if possessed") we understand that there is another possible reason, namely mental disease of a biological cause.

bub

2008/4/11 17:18
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

Quote:
this isn't crazy. the author meant one thing, and from his perspective it was true ("the guy was acting as if possessed") we understand that there is another possible reason, namely mental disease of a biological cause.

or could it possibly be that we don't see things as clearly as they did. i fear in all our natural intelligence, we may be unaware of our spiritual ignorance (i am talking about all of us).:-(

phil

2008/4/11 17:25Profile
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re:

Quote:
Bubba: But we also need to keep in mind that the Bible was written at a very different time and in very different cultural circumstances than what we face today.

First it is evolution, and then it is an attack against the church, and then ad nauseam attacks against the Word of God. When anyone tries to reinterpret the Word of God in the foolish conceit that fallible men in 2008 have arrived at some kind of intelligence that supersedes the Bible, they undoubtedly are being instructed by some of those beings you are questioning:
1 Timothy 4:1 - 2 (NKJV) 1Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, 2speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron…”

God said and very credibly for sure:

Isaiah 46:8 - 10 (NKJV) 8 “Remember this, and show yourselves men; Recall to mind, O you transgressors. 9 Remember the former things of old, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me, 10 Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things that are not yet done, Saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, And I will do all My pleasure,’

To take the arrogant notion that modern study by one of the most depraved generations since the time of Noah, has brought humanity to some sort of plateau of knowledge that challenges the infallible Word of God is very reminiscent of the foolish and incomprehensible behavior of Amaziah. After defeating the army of the Edomites by following the instructions of the prophet of God, he then brought home their gods to bow down and worship them, when their gods could not even save the Edomites. Any person saved by Jesus Christ has to be saved by believing His Word.
Romans 10:17 (NKJV) 17So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

1 Peter 1:22 - 23 (NKJV) 22Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart, 23having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,…

To claim salvation is to claim only what can be accomplished by faith in the Word of God and the God of the Word, or the “Word made flesh”. To turn back around and start questioning the very vehicle through which a person has been born is as ridiculous as saying “my mother who bore me could not really be my mother”.

This generation is plagued with perplexities that it cannot solve and will never solve even when the most “highly evolved” genius arrives on the scene, not only demonized but actualized by Satan. And the “reason of our bliss” is the very idea that you are espousing, i.e., that God’s Word is not to be trusted, but rather that human intelligence and research and study and god (false god) science has superseded the Word of God.

The idea posited here and elsewhere in your threads is that God is not intelligent enough to have anticipated the future, not powerful enough to create as He has said in one day, but needed millions of tries to get it perfected, not able to communicate truth sufficiently without telling little white lies to those whom He may or may not have “inspired” in the faulty and unintelligent and non-scientific language of the ignorant and mythological context of their culture… which is utterly ridiculous!

Rather than put the pathetic gods on the throne that cannot even save themselves, but put us farther and farther away from peace and safety (the thread on nuclear bombs, remember) and into more and more confusion, instability, and chaos, why not give up this frivolous pursuit to enthrone puny man and his ignorant arrogance and trust the Living God who can lead you into wisdom that surpasses your noblest dreams.

1 Corinthians 1:26 - 31 (NKJV) 26For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called. 27But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; 28and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, 29that no flesh should glory in His presence. 30But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption— 31that, as it is written, “He who glories, let him glory in the LORD.”

(edited to remove one statement) Please, for your soul’s sake stop this questioning of the wisdom and intelligence of the Almighty and Omniscient God and His Word that has never and will never change but will judge each of us!

Clint

2008/4/11 18:32Profile

Re:

Quote:
we understand mental disease is most often caused by biological functions interupted. In Jesus day they would have said 'Demon' possession. The writer would have one Truth, we would have another understanding of the possible causes for what is interpreted as 'demon'.

Bubs,

when you look at examples of demon-possession in the Bible, they are very clear-cut and do not allow room for another interpretation.

Matthew 9:32-33 - 'While they were going out, a man who was demon-possessed and could not talk was brought to Jesus.
And [b]when the demon was driven out[/b], the man who had been mute spoke. The crowd was amazed and said, "Nothing like this has ever been seen in Israel."

Matthew 17:15,18 - '"Lord, have mercy on my son," he said. "He has seizures and is suffering greatly. He often falls into the fire or into the water...
[b]Jesus rebuked the demon[/b], and it came out of the boy, and he was healed from that moment.'

Luke 4:33-36 - 'In the synagogue there was a man possessed by a demon, an evil spirit. He cried out at the top of his voice,
"Ha! What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God!"
"[b]Be quiet!" Jesus said sternly. "Come out of him!" Then the demon threw the man down before them all and came out without injuring him[/b].
All the people were amazed and said to each other, "What is this teaching? With authority and power he gives orders to evil spirits and they come out!"'

Luke 9:38-39, 42-43 - 'A man in the crowd called out, "Teacher, I beg you to look at my son, for he is my only child.
A spirit seizes him and he suddenly screams; it throws him into convulsions so that he foams at the mouth. It scarcely ever leaves him and is destroying him...
Even while the boy was coming, [b]the demon threw him to the ground in a convulsion. But Jesus rebuked the evil spirit, healed the boy and gave him back to his father[/b].
And they were all amazed at the greatness of God.'

To heal these people from their demon-possession, Jesus [i]rebukes or drives out[/i] the demons. That is what The Word says. How can there be a way around these people being demon-possessed? [u]If they weren't demon-possessed, then why were they healed when Jesus [b]rebuked[/b] the demons[/u]?

Quote:
The writer would have one Truth, we would have another understanding of the possible causes

I struggle with this statement. To me, truth is truth. There is not more that one truth, something is either true or it is not. If you claim that back then the people had 'one Truth' and today we have 'another understanding', i.e. in context, 'another truth', that does not fit together. Truth is truth, and by its very nature there can't be more than one truth, because truth is true!

Either the Bible is correct, and the people were actually demon-possessed, or we the people today know what it actually is, and the Bible is wrong here.

I know what I'd go for.

2008/4/12 5:15

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy