SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : saved??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:

bubbaguy wrote:
"The Hindus remained committed to a plethora of demon Idols, the Muslim to Allah, etc., as the Mothers helped them cope in a bit more comfort before there awful and eternal slide into Hades, day after day. That is the ministry of mother Teresa. She greased the slide."

Perhaps she recognized that, on death's bed Hindus and Muslims were not going to convert after a lifetime of practice.

Wouldn't Christ comfort such people without demanding what they could not give?

God's Mercy exists, as well as God's Judgement and Justice.

It is not for you to say who is saved and who is not.

As for Hades, why would a loving God create a person such as Mother Teresa, knowing in advance that they would "grease the slide"? Does a loving God create people destined for Hell?

Something is wrong with this picture.

When good people are called evil, watch out for those pointing the finger. that's who is holding the grease bucket.

bub

Bubbaguy,

I cannot believe that I am reading what you are writing. It scares me that you truly believe what you are saying...

Quote:
Wouldn't Christ comfort such people without demanding what they could not give?

Quote:
As for Hades, why would a loving God create a person such as Mother Teresa, knowing in advance that they would "grease the slide"? Does a loving God create people destined for Hell?

Your reply is straight from the flesh and something that I have not witnessed for some time here.

[u][b]Mark 1:15 (NKJV)[/b][/u]

“The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel.”

2008/4/11 15:53Profile

Re:

Quote:
Your reply is straight from the flesh and something that I have not witnessed for some time here.

Probably because Bubba hasnt actively posted on here for some time...

Love ya, Bubba, you know that. But your theology is something out of a science fiction book. :-)

Need to base your theology on a different Book!

Krispy

2008/4/11 15:57
Psalm73

Arkansas

Re: saved??

Truly to be saved is about coming out of falsehood. Sects who take the mind of the professing be Christian, but not really saved. Jesus Christ forgives sinnes, but what are these sins? What truly comes out of the heart of men?
I use the 1526 Tyndale, the faithofGod.net version featuring Christ Jesu. the 1526, which is a superior N.T, above the chopped and diced King James and the Geneva bible that is not glorious, yet the K.j is more intact than these 20th century bibles.

Colossians 3:5
Mortify therefore your members which are on the earth, fornication, uncleanness, unnatural lust, evil concupiscence, and covetousness which is worshipping of idols:
3:6
for which thing's sakes the wrath of God falleth on the children of unbelief.
3:7
In which things ye walked once, when ye lived in them.
3:8
But now put ye also away from you all things, wrath, fierceness, maliciousness, cursed speaking, filthy speaking out of your mouths.
3:9
Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his works,{be put off}
3:10
and have put on the new, which is renewed in knowledge, after the image of him that made him,

2008/4/11 16:59Profile

Re:

Quote:
I didnt say what I said about MT from a place of malice or hatred, in fact I more than pointed out that she did far more than almost all when it came to her humantarian efforts... and on that level she has my utmost respect.

The same can be said of anyone who does Humanitarian deeds, are they saved? Has the gospel been changed to include works of charity? That anyone who conducts the feeding of the poor is now saved? Come on!! What happened to what Jesus Christ did on the cross and by placing our faith exclusively in Him and His work alone for our justification, our righteousness??

How far do we go with this??

Do you know how many Christians believe that Elvis Presley is with Jesus? And they will get mad at you if you say he might not be.

Why?? because the gospel has been changed to suit anyone that is good, anyone that sang a gospel tune, anyone that went to church or held a bible, anyone that gave a bowl of soup to the poor. And I say again, what happened to putting our faith in Jesus Christ and Him alone?

If Mother Theresa put her faith in a works based system of man, she's lost. If her faith was in the Catholic church and not in Jesus Christ, she's lost. That goes for everyone of us.

We must return to the purity of the gospel, Jesus Christ and Him crucified and not be gullible by the good actions that the world exhibits.

2008/4/11 20:28

Re:

but we should not be in the habit of stating the disposition of others at the hand of God. (besides being unseemly it puts a person in the seat of judgment.)

Explained:
When God judges the world of sin, it certainly will be more than just giving an opinion whether someone is guilty or not. He will be giving the sentence, which is eternal damnation for those who Jesus doesn't know and he will carry it out. The truth is we are all guilty of sin. Has Jesus declared us not guilty or not by HIS blood is the question? Have we allowed him to give us a pass and declared us "NOT GUILTY" by pardon. Have we pleaded for his forgiveness and ask for HIS mercy and grace. When we give an opinion about anyones sin and any sin, it is not judging, I repeat it is not judging. If I had the idea that you or someone else had broken an earthly law and thought that you or the other person in question deserved to be arrested, would that make me a police officer, if I only stated the fact but did not have the authority to arrest you.
Use some spiritual sense bub and all you other people that use that worldly term about judging in that wrong context that it's often used.

2008/4/11 22:29

Re:

Quote:
Do you know how many Christians believe that Elvis Presley is with Jesus?

You mean he's not?

Seriously tho... it's amazing how many people think Elvis was a Christian based on the fact that he sang real good on a couple of gospel albums. Johnny Paycheck recorded a gospel album... and he was a sick twisted child molesting wretch.

Elvis did believe in Jesus... but Elvis also believed in eating pills like they were candy. He also believed in fornication with gusto.

Serious Christians who ought to know better! C'mon...

I dont know anything about Elvis' relationship to God. He may very well have gotten saved 5 minutes before he died... we dont know.

But the point is, as good as Elvis sang on some gospel records... as much money as he gave away (and he did give away a ton of money)... as much humantarian work as MT did... as much help MT gave to children in 3rd world countries around the world... it is all as filthy rags. Nothing more.

It couldnt add one iota to their being saved.

There is only ONE WAY to God.

Krispy

2008/4/12 7:47

Re:

Look at Oprah... she is a real humantarian, and gives outrageous amounts of money to help the poor and oppressed. She has a heart of compassion.

Anyone want to tell me that she is saved?

She's as "new age" as you can possible be.

I love that line in Casting Crowns song "What If His People Prayed" where they sing "... stop asking Oprah what to do!"

Amen, Casting Crowns.

Krispy

2008/4/12 9:49
JoeBenson

Greenville, South Carolina

Re:

Amen Brother!

2008/4/12 10:12Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy