SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Elohiym: Creator

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

I cannot keep the Law can you?

The more I try, the more I fail.

Praise God He has sent His only begotten Son to fulfill the Law and the demand of perfection of God the Father for any to inter the Kingdom of God.

This is truly Grace and Mercy, that we should be called the son's of God, by the Son of God that is in us. The Law Killed men and sent me to Hell. The Savior saved me and set me in the Heavenlies with Himself at the right hand of the Father.

No man can keep the Law, for if you even break one Jot or title, you have broken the whole Law.

Even as Paul, there was no sin without the Law, but when the Law came sin was revived, realized and present in me and it slew me.

How can we be set free from this body of death?

Rom 7:11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew [me].

We were sold under sin by Adam and sin came upon all man, that no man could have done any better and we all die, even before the Law and commandments. So how are we to know what sin is?

Romans 7:13-14 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful. For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

I am not sinful, but exceedingly sinful as all man is.

How can we ever be free from this sin and the Law that kills?

Romans 7:18-25 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

So it is not whether I keep the Law or Not keep the Law.

Ephesians 2:1-10 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Keep the Law, I think not. Believe that Christ is the Law Keeper and He is the One in us the Father accepts and gives us life through.

In Christ, the only life giver, by the Grace of God: Phillip

2008/5/13 1:00Profile
RevBenjamin

Re:

AMEN! Phillip,

Here tells us WHY the Law was added. THAT the offence of sin may [u]abound[/u].

The knowledge of the law reveals to us the Holiness of God, and the godlessness of man. ALL our works are as filthy rags.

Isaiah 64:6
But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousness are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Romans 5
1Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement. Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come. But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many. And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification. For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. 9For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

20Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

AGAIN:

[u]20Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound.But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound that as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.[/u]

R.G. Benjamin

2008/5/13 8:36Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Better subject heading

Quote:
Chrsschk, what is this 'dung' that you refer to being sliced?

Only in as much as that mentioned there;

[i]Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless. But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is [u]of the law[/u], but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith[/i]: Php 3:6-9

I regret that I did not realize how this could be taken and shouldn't have put it as the subject in retrospect. Thanks for drawing it to my attention. Further more, I should have made the emphasis broader;

[u][i]not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law[/i][/u],

I think I must beg off of this discussion at this point. It seems we are not really going anywhere at all. The positions are too entrenched. The definitions not spelled out before hand. The law, what it is, what it means, what all these things had to do with the times, people, places, what it all means now that Christ has come, the covenants ... These types of postings often do not go anywhere because they start in the middle, without any terms of engagement, definitions as was mentioned ... they run on more proving or attempting to prove their worth from fixed positions and there is no real goal to resolution. To be honest, I do not think it is an easy matter to come to in the first place. Zeal for the Lord can put us seemingly at odds when at heart we may well be after the same thing, to just do that which is pleasing in His sight. So, not as a parting shot but maybe a different way of looking at it, again Paul;

[i]Concerning zeal
persecuting the church;
touching the righteousness
which is in the law,
blameless.

But what things
were gain to me,
those I counted loss
for Christ.

Yea doubtless,
and I count all things
but loss
for the excellency
of the knowledge
of Christ Jesus my Lord:

For whom I have suffered
the loss
of all things,
and do count them
but dung,
that I may win
Christ,

And be found in him,
not having mine own
righteousness,
which is of the law,
but that which is through
the faith of Christ,
the righteousness
which is of God
by faith[/i]

2008/5/13 10:13Profile
sscr01

Re:

To say, that, the Sabbath is obsolete, is to reject the words of the Lord Jesus Christ.

He prophesied, that, the Sabbath would, still, be kept during The Great Tribulation:

"But pray ye that your flight be not in winter, neither on THE SABBATH DAY: for then shall be GREAT TRIBULATION, SUCH AS WAS NOT SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE WORLD TO THIS TIME, NOR EVER SHALL BE." Mt 24:20,21.

And we are not there, yet.

2008/5/19 8:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy