SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : 50 CHARACTERISTICS Of PHARISEE’S - Zac Poonen

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

50 CHARACTERISTICS Of PHARISEE’S - Zac Poonen

Here is a list and some notes taken from the three sermon series from Zac Poonen title 50 Characteristics Of Pharisee's. Even if you've listen to the sermon it is beneficial to read through the list and examine our own hearts. Zac Poonen, realizing that he being a holiness preacher was therefor in danger of falling into Pharisee-ism and legalism so he went through the entire New Testament and found ever characteristic of a Pharisee he could find. This is a list that we need to go through regularly to make sure we are not falling in to this terrible trap. Although all of the points may not apply to you specifically I think if we have a open heart we can all at very least see the tendencies we have to lean toward certain of these characteristics. I know I can see many in myself both past and present - may the Lord search our hearts.

Here are the three sermons from which the list and notes were compiled.

50 Characteristics of Pharisee's Part1
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=8151

50 Characteristics of Pharisee's Part2
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=8316

50 Characteristics of Pharisee's Part3
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=8318

Here are the first 10

"50 CHARACTERISTICS of PHARISEE’S" - Zac Poonen.

The list and notes:

We are going to be thinking of the same theme through these 3 days, led by the spirit and not by the law. Jesus was in conflict with the Pharisees most of the time. Pharisee-ism is one of the leavens Jesus warned about Mark 8 Matthew 16. The Pharisee had all their doctrine correct and talked of holiness. The Herodians were the opposite they were worldly like modern “worldly Christian’s”. They can listen to sermons and go home and watch smut on TV. The third group was the Saducess. They don’t believe in the miraculous. They didn’t believe in angels or the super-natural and spiritual. These are 3 groups of Christians. It is interesting to see he was always falling out with the Pharisee’s. They were the ones who crucified Jesus. Which group do you fall into. The Pharisee’s are the worst type of Christian on the earth. We need to understand the characteristics of the Pharisees. It must be that God wants us to know. I am personally in more danger of becoming a Pharisee than the others. We need God to open our eyes. I am going to go through the gospels. The spirit of the Pharisee is against the Holy Spirit. I have sought over the last few years to find the Pharisee in me. God gives you light on yourself. If you are not getting insight into the light in your life God is not blessing you. God wants to clean you.

Matthew 3v9
1. A Pharisee glorifies in his connections with Godly men. There are many who connect with someone as a form of Godliness. “We have so and so as our spiritual father.” They may have no holiness themselves. So think they are holy because they go to a good church or listen to the right preachers. I tell some of my church they will go to hell.

Matthew5v20
2. Glories in external righteousness. You must exceed the righteousness of the Pharisee’s. If you get angry and do not overcome it you will go to hell.

Matthew 9v11
3. A Pharisee does not mingle with unconverted people. That is not holiness. Jesus was a friend of sinners – not a condemner of them but a savior. Jesus would have gone to an unconverted relative’s wedding reception. He did not avoid sinners, His righteousness was inside. How will you win sinners if you do not seek to be friendly with them. How many converted people in your church have been bought by you? Probably zero after 20 years. You are a Pharisee.

Matthew 9v14
4. The Pharisee are ascetics. They boasted of their fasting. External self control. Jesus made so much wine. He was not afraid to eat with people. Jesus started His ministry by making wine. He did it to demolish religion. Many think they are holy but they are hypocrites.

Matthew12v2
5. The Pharisees are very critical of others in small matters. Why do you break the Sabbath. The church becomes like the elder brother. If the elder brother is legalistic the whole church will be. Do not follow a legalistic person. Matthew 15v1

Matthew 12v9-16
6. The Pharisees live by rules. In our church you can’t do that. “What does your rule book say. “Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath.” They live by accusation.
Don’t follow such elders, you will destroy yourself and others.
Matthew 12v14
7. The Pharisees are motivated by jealousy, hatred, murder. It is a progression. You may take only take step one. But it leads to others. It is Cain’s religion.

Matthew 12v24
8. Pharisee are suspicious and assume the worst of others. When you see someone doing something and you assume the worst you are a Pharisee. Pharisees are extremely suspicious always looking for the wrong.

Matthew 12v24
9. Pharisee are very careless in their speech. They said it about Jesus casting out demons. If you carelessly speak about God’s prophets you have the mark of a Pharisee.

Matthew 15v1-9
10. A Pharisee is one who neglects his family responsibilities in the name of religion. Giving money to God when your family suffers. 1 Timothy 5v8

more to come

Patrick Ersig
www.revivalarmy.com

2008/4/2 20:18Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re: 50 CHARACTERISTICS Of PHARISEE’S - Zac Poonen

Matthew15v12-14
11. A Pharisee is one who is easily offended.I decided years ago that I would not get offended.

Matthew15v14
12. Pharisees are spiritually blind. They don’t know where they are going. Here it talks of elders. Don’t follow a blind man. Look for a man who’s vision is clear.

Matthew16v6-12
13. A Pharisee is a hypocrite. Jesus said about them Matthew16v6-12.Hypocrite means an actor. We have actors in the church now. Sunday morning is only an act. After it is over they are back to their same old life. Pharisees are actors.

Matthew 19v3
14. A Pharisee are those who seek to catch people in their words. They did that to Jesus. Luke 11v53-54 If you always listen and take half sentences and repeat it you are a Pharisee. They make no allowances – their way is the only way.

Matthew 15v8
15. A Pharisee is hard hearted. Hearts are far from God. When you are hard with people you are miles from God. A soft heart judges himself and leave others alone. There are lots and lots in churches.

Matthew 21v15
16. Pharisees are people who cannot appreciate true worship in music and praise and worship. They do not appreciate noise in music. Heaven is about worship.

Matthew 23v3
17. Pharisee say things but don’t do them. Sit in the chair of Moses. They have knowledge without obedience. Study Matthew 23 to now all about being a Pharisee A lot of Christians stink when they have maximum knowledge and no obedience. I have seen people in churches who act worse than those outside.

Matthew 23v3-4
18. Pharisees preach things without living it first. Are teachers in God’s law but don’t live it. Babylon is built by preachers who do this. Jesus preached what he had already practiced. A good sermon takes 30 years to prepare. If you preach it without living it that is just for honor. You have to live it. Then it is yours. I have never preached to send missionaries to North India because I have never done it. It would lack authority. Don’t speak on something you have not done. The number of people in the church who are experts at telling people things they have never done. Speak on what you know and have lived! You don’t appoint an English teacher to teach Chemistry. That is how you become a Pharisee.

Matthew 23v4
19. Pharisees put heavy burdens on people. “Tithe your time like money” a speaker said. I asked him if he did he said no. Many preach tithing and they don’t do it. They are building Babylon and not the work of God. Message says “Load you down like donkeys.” Many are sick and tired of coming to churches. They don’t lift a finger to help others.

Matthew 23v5
20. Pharisees seek honor to be noticed by men. You do not preach to get honor. Many are boring to the day they die. You must work on your own sermon. Seeking honor is one of the things that is not spoken of in the church. You can never build Jerusalem, you will only build Babylon.

2008/4/3 0:57Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: 50 CHARACTERISTICS Of PHARISEE’S - Zac Poonen

these are great sermons and a wonderful agonizing study. Thank you

EDIT: There are video sermons [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=157&min=420&orderby=titleA&show=20]HERE[/url]

2008/4/3 4:33Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

Matthew 23v5
21. Pharisees think holiness is in the dress. Lengthened their garments. Pharisee behavior oozes out of us. We have seen it and grown up in it. We don’t meditate on scripture. I have no time for these things. I have finished with it. Holiness is not in a dress.

Matthew 23v6-7
22. Pharisees love position and places of honor. You don’t want to call yourself pastor so you call yourself brother with a capital B and condemn those who call themselves pastor. They love to sit at the head table. Preening in the radiance of public honor. I was offered an honorary doctorate for writing a book - I threw it in the bin. Many like to control others. We all have a teacher and we are all classmates. Don’t let people manovoure you. I tell people to throw my advice in the bin and listen to God.

Matthew 23v13-15
23. Pharisees corrupt others. The great tragedy in Christendom. Young people come in and see them with lights on their platform and think I will get that one day. They have been corrupted. They are lead astray.

Matthew 23v14
24. Pharisees take advantage of poor people. They exploit widows. They come on TV and used physcological moves to get money. They have their own private jets. It is absolutely evil. I have seen brothers go for advancement to another church for self-centeredness.

Matthew 23v14
25. Pharisees are people who pray long prayers in public. I have found over many years they don’t pray at home. I have seen less than 5% of people who keep to time when you tell them to speak for 5 minutes. I have told many people they do not have the content to speak for longer than 15 minutes. They don’t listen to me. I leave them alone.

Matthew 23v15
26. Pharisee make people feel they are born again when they are not. They make them double people of hell. They have gone through a mantra and think they are going to heaven. I will tell them they are going to hell. We must speak repentance. Sometimes we think our church is a godly church. Babylon in a different color. I want God fearing people.

Matthew 23v16-22
27. Pharisees interpret scripture without revelation from God. They add their modifications. They do not see the inconsistency of it.

Matthew 23v23
28. Pharisees are sticklers for the letter of the law. They neglect mercy, grace and faithfulness. They major on minor issues. Concentrate on the major things.

Matthew 23v23
29. Pharisees have no justice, mercy, faithfulness. It is what is happening in lots of our churches.

Matthew 23v24
30. A Pharisee strains our mosquito’s and screens out camels. Small things they pick out when there are other things. We are producing Pharisees. We need to judge ourselves more. Love is the key. Judging others tops the list.

2008/4/3 16:19Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

I'll keep posting them as I get them typed up - here are the next ten.

Patrick
www.revivalarmy.com

Matthew 23v26
31. Pharisees cleanse the outside life. Inside is greed. Do you want more and more and more. They don’t bless others.

Matthew 23v30
32. A Pharisee says “I would never have done that.” They don’t know the corruption of their own flesh. Squeeze out all the puss.

Matthew 23v34-36
33. Pharisees persecute God’s prophets. They get offended when they hear a prophet. If you get offend with prophets you are a Pharisee. We should judge ourselves before looking at other people.

Matthew 21v26,46
34. Pharisee fears about the opinions of people. They care about what people think about them. Remember God gives us His word to give us light on ourselves. They are not free from the opinions of others. If you can see the Pharisee in yourself remove them. You must grow in liberty. Many of us lose our children because we care about the opinions of others. Die to their opinion. Galatians 6v14 People are often in fear of their own group. Don’t let someone else run your life. They don’t follow those rules when it comes to their own children and criticize others children.

Luke 16v14
35. Pharisees love money. You cannot serve God and wealth. We have preached as much about loving money as we have other things. God gave us things to use and people to love. The world loves money and uses people. Some of the biggest legalists in our churches love money like anything. They stack up money but have silly little rules for others. Don’t swallow everything your elder said. I have found many are legalists.

Luke 18v9-11
36. A Pharisee thanks God that he is better than others. He prayed this to himself. “Lord I thank you I am not like my wife.” She may be a million miles better than you. Spiritual pride is like an onion. There is another layer underneath. There are 2 sins I will never be free of till Jesus comes, pride and selfishness. If you are working on it there is help.

Luke 18v9
37. Puts his trust in his own works. Righteousness that God gives you are thankful for. If you are proud of some good quality about yourself it is self-righetousness. We can’t produce our own righteousness. Your own righteousness stinks in God’s eyes. If you are proud of it, it proves you produced it.

Luke 18v9
38. A Pharisee looks down on other people. They view other people with contempt. I made a rule that my children must never show their report to anyone. I know what pride can do. It destroys. Many of us have ruined our children. They make fun of other people. Heaven loves humility. God hates Pharisees.

Luke 18v9
39. A Pharisee exults himself. Don’t talk about things on front of other that may hurt. Like marriage being glorious in front of an older single person.

Luke 18v12
40. A Pharisee boasts about his achievements. To boast about achievements is the mark is a Pharisee.

2008/4/3 20:29Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

Here is the last 10 and then the whole thing all together.

Patrick

John 8v1-11
41. Pharisee accuses other people. The woman was supposed to be stoned to death. Jesus was in touch with the father. When you listen to the Holy Spirit one sentence may be enough. This shows that legalism is worse than adultery. If we can see that in this story we will be set free. If you want to make progress stop judging others. Judge yourself. And then some more and some more! Why did the Pharisees all go away? They should have repented.

John 8v41,44
42. Pharisee imagines God is their father, when his father is the devil. It is the nature of Satan. The height of blindness it to judge and accuse And think you are with God. There is hypocrisy everywhere

John 8v44
43. Pharisee is a liar and murderer. They wanted to murder the woman with stoning. The devil tells about your sins. If you daughter fell into sins would you tell people. Why don’t you do that when other people’s daughter does that? I believe God is sick and tired of this and so am I. When people start to backslide they start to lie. You are also a murderer when you start that. When you lie your tongue is of the devil

John 9v34
44. Pharisee persecute those who wont listen to them They have a great desire to put people out of the church. Your goal must always be to win him. Not wait for an opportunity to put them out.

John 11v47
45. Pharisee is Jealous of those who can do miracle that he can’t do. There are miracles happening everywhere but you want see them on television. Don’t talk about it. Keep it quiet. Even pilot knew that Jesus did miracles.

John 8v41,44 John 9v16
46. A Pharisee judges even Godly people by not keeping a ritual. Don’t test a man’s godliness on this. People who have done nothing for God often criticize.

Matthew 12v38-42
47. Pharisee can’t live by simple faith.

John7v49
48. Pharisee has no concern for lost sinners.

Mark 7v1-13
49. Pharisee values tradition more than God’s word.

Luke 16v15
50. A Pharisee justifies himself.
Sometimes you have to take the blame These are the people that miss paradise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"CHARACTERISTICS of PHARISEE’S" - Zac Poonen.

The list and notes:

We are going to be thinking of the same theme through these 3 days, led by the spirit and not by the law. Jesus was in conflict with the Pharisees most of the time. Pharisee-ism is one of the leavens Jesus warned about Mark 8 Matthew 16. The Pharisee had all their doctrine correct and talked of holiness. The Herodians were the opposite they were worldly like modern “worldly Christian’s”. They can listen to sermons and go home and watch smut on TV. The third group was the Saducess. They don’t believe in the miraculous. They didn’t believe in angels or the super-natural and spiritual. These are 3 groups of Christians. It is interesting to see he was always falling out with the Pharisee’s. They were the ones who crucified Jesus. Which group do you fall into. The Pharisee’s are the worst type of Christian on the earth. We need to understand the characteristics of the Pharisees. It must be that God wants us to know. I am personally in more danger of becoming a Pharisee than the others. We need God to open our eyes. I am going to go through the gospels. The spirit of the Pharisee is against the Holy Spirit. I have sought over the last few years to find the Pharisee in me. God gives you light on yourself. If you are not getting insight into the light in your life God is not blessing you. God wants to clean you.

Matthew 3v9
1. A Pharisee glorifies in his connections with Godly men. There are many who connect with someone as a form of Godliness. “We have so and so as our spiritual father.” They may have no holiness themselves. So think they are holy because they go to a good church or listen to the right preachers. I tell some of my church they will go to hell.

Matthew5v20
2. Glories in external righteousness. You must exceed the righteousness of the Pharisee’s. If you get angry and do not overcome it you will go to hell.

Matthew 9v11
3. A Pharisee does not mingle with unconverted people. That is not holiness. Jesus was a friend of sinners – not a condemner of them but a savior. Jesus would have gone to an unconverted relative’s wedding reception. He did not avoid sinners, His righteousness was inside. How will you win sinners if you do not seek to be friendly with them. How many converted people in your church have been bought by you? Probably zero after 20 years. You are a Pharisee.

Matthew 9v14
4. The Pharisee are ascetics. They boasted of their fasting. External self control. Jesus made so much wine. He was not afraid to eat with people. Jesus started His ministry by making wine. He did it to demolish religion. Many think they are holy but they are hypocrites.

Matthew12v2
5. The Pharisees are very critical of others in small matters. Why do you break the Sabbath. The church becomes like the elder brother. If the elder brother is legalistic the whole church will be. Do not follow a legalistic person. Matthew 15v1

Matthew 12v9-16
6. The Pharisees live by rules. In our church you can’t do that. “What does your rule book say. “Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath.” They live by accusation.
Don’t follow such elders, you will destroy yourself and others.
Matthew 12v14
7. The Pharisees are motivated by jealousy, hatred, murder. It is a progression. You may take only take step one. But it leads to others. It is Cain’s religion.

Matthew 12v24
8. Pharisee are suspicious and assume the worst of others. When you see someone doing something and you assume the worst you are a Pharisee. Pharisees are extremely suspicious always looking for the wrong.

Matthew 12v24
9. Pharisee are very careless in their speech. They said it about Jesus casting out demons. If you carelessly speak about God’s prophets you have the mark of a Pharisee.

Matthew 15v1-9
10. A Pharisee is one who neglects his family responsibilities in the name of religion. Giving money to God when your family suffers. 1 Timothy 5v8

Matthew15v12-14
11. A Pharisee is one who is easily offended.I decided years ago that I would not get offended.

Matthew15v14
12. Pharisees are spiritually blind. They don’t know where they are going. Here it talks of elders. Don’t follow a blind man. Look for a man who’s vision is clear.

Matthew16v6-12
13. A Pharisee is a hypocrite. Jesus said about them Matthew16v6-12.Hypocrite means an actor. We have actors in the church now. Sunday morning is only an act. After it is over they are back to their same old life. Pharisees are actors.

Matthew 19v3
14. A Pharisee are those who seek to catch people in their words. They did that to Jesus. Luke 11v53-54 If you always listen and take half sentences and repeat it you are a Pharisee. They make no allowances – their way is the only way.

Matthew 15v8
15. A Pharisee is hard hearted. Hearts are far from God. When you are hard with people you are miles from God. A soft heart judges himself and leave others alone. There are lots and lots in churches.

Matthew 21v15
16. Pharisees are people who cannot appreciate true worship in music and praise and worship. They do not appreciate noise in music. Heaven is about worship.

Matthew 23v3
17. Pharisee say things but don’t do them. Sit in the chair of Moses. They have knowledge without obedience. Study Matthew 23 to now all about being a Pharisee A lot of Christians stink when they have maximum knowledge and no obedience. I have seen people in churches who act worse than those outside.

Matthew 23v3-4
18. Pharisees preach things without living it first. Are teachers in God’s law but don’t live it. Babylon is built by preachers who do this. Jesus preached what he had already practiced. A good sermon takes 30 years to prepare. If you preach it without living it that is just for honor. You have to live it. Then it is yours. I have never preached to send missionaries to North India because I have never done it. It would lack authority. Don’t speak on something you have not done. The number of people in the church who are experts at telling people things they have never done. Speak on what you know and have lived! You don’t appoint an English teacher to teach Chemistry. That is how you become a Pharisee.

Matthew 23v4
19. Pharisees put heavy burdens on people. “Tithe your time like money” a speaker said. I asked him if he did he said no. Many preach tithing and they don’t do it. They are building Babylon and not the work of God. Message says “Load you down like donkeys.” Many are sick and tired of coming to churches. They don’t lift a finger to help others.

Matthew 23v5
20. Pharisees seek honor to be noticed by men. You do not preach to get honor. Many are boring to the day they die. You must work on your own sermon. Seeking honor is one of the things that is not spoken of in the church. You can never build Jerusalem, you will only build Babylon.

Matthew 23v5
21. Pharisees think holiness is in the dress. Lengthened their garments. Pharisee behavior oozes out of us. We have seen it and grown up in it. We don’t meditate on scripture. I have no time for these things. I have finished with it. Holiness is not in a dress.

Matthew 23v6-7
22. Pharisees love position and places of honor. You don’t want to call yourself pastor so you call yourself brother with a capital B and condemn those who call themselves pastor. They love to sit at the head table. Preening in the radiance of public honor. I was offered an honorary doctorate for writing a book - I threw it in the bin. Many like to control others. We all have a teacher and we are all classmates. Don’t let people manovoure you. I tell people to throw my advice in the bin and listen to God.

Matthew 23v13-15
23. Pharisees corrupt others. The great tragedy in Christendom. Young people come in and see them with lights on their platform and think I will get that one day. They have been corrupted. They are lead astray.

Matthew 23v14
24. Pharisees take advantage of poor people. They exploit widows. They come on TV and used physcological moves to get money. They have their own private jets. It is absolutely evil. I have seen brothers go for advancement to another church for self-centeredness.

Matthew 23v14
25. Pharisees are people who pray long prayers in public. I have found over many years they don’t pray at home. I have seen less than 5% of people who keep to time when you tell them to speak for 5 minutes. I have told many people they do not have the content to speak for longer than 15 minutes. They don’t listen to me. I leave them alone.

Matthew 23v15
26. Pharisee make people feel they are born again when they are not. They make them double people of hell. They have gone through a mantra and think they are going to heaven. I will tell them they are going to hell. We must speak repentance. Sometimes we think our church is a godly church. Babylon in a different color. I want God fearing people.

Matthew 23v16-22
27. Pharisees interpret scripture without revelation from God. They add their modifications. They do not see the inconsistency of it.

Matthew 23v23
28. Pharisees are sticklers for the letter of the law. They neglect mercy, grace and faithfulness. They major on minor issues. Concentrate on the major things.

Matthew 23v23
29. Pharisees have no justice, mercy, faithfulness. It is what is happening in lots of our churches.

Matthew 23v24
30. A Pharisee strains our mosquito’s and screens out camels. Small things they pick out when there are other things. We are producing Pharisees. We need to judge ourselves more. Love is the key. Judging others tops the list.

Matthew 23v26
31. Pharisees cleanse the outside life. Inside is greed. Do you want more and more and more. They don’t bless others.

Matthew 23v30
32. A Pharisee says “I would never have done that.” They don’t know the corruption of their own flesh. Squeeze out all the puss.

Matthew 23v34-36
33. Pharisees persecute God’s prophets. They get offended when they hear a prophet. If you get offend with prophets you are a Pharisee. We should judge ourselves before looking at other people.

Matthew 21v26,46
34. Pharisee fears about the opinions of people. They care about what people think about them. Remember God gives us His word to give us light on ourselves. They are not free from the opinions of others. If you can see the Pharisee in yourself remove them. You must grow in liberty. Many of us lose our children because we care about the opinions of others. Die to their opinion. Galatians 6v14 People are often in fear of their own group. Don’t let someone else run your life. They don’t follow those rules when it comes to their own children and criticize others children.

Luke 16v14
35. Pharisees love money. You cannot serve God and wealth. We have preached as much about loving money as we have other things. God gave us things to use and people to love. The world loves money and uses people. Some of the biggest legalists in our churches love money like anything. They stack up money but have silly little rules for others. Don’t swallow everything your elder said. I have found many are legalists.

Luke 18v9-11
36. A Pharisee thanks God that he is better than others. He prayed this to himself. “Lord I thank you I am not like my wife.” She may be a million miles better than you. Spiritual pride is like an onion. There is another layer underneath. There are 2 sins I will never be free of till Jesus comes, pride and selfishness. If you are working on it there is help.

Luke 18v9
37. Puts his trust in his own works. Righteousness that God gives you are thankful for. If you are proud of some good quality about yourself it is self-righetousness. We can’t produce our own righteousness. Your own righteousness stinks in God’s eyes. If you are proud of it, it proves you produced it.

Luke 18v9
38. A Pharisee looks down on other people. They view other people with contempt. I made a rule that my children must never show their report to anyone. I know what pride can do. It destroys. Many of us have ruined our children. They make fun of other people. Heaven loves humility. God hates Pharisees.
Luke 18v9

39. A Pharisee exults himself. Don’t talk about things on front of other that may hurt. Like marriage being glorious in front of an older single person.

Luke 18v12
40. A Pharisee boasts about his achievements. To boast about achievements is the mark is a Pharisee.

John 8v1-11
41. Pharisee accuses other people. The woman was supposed to be stoned to death. Jesus was in touch with the father. When you listen to the Holy Spirit one sentence may be enough. This shows that legalism is worse than adultery. If we can see that in this story we will be set free. If you want to make progress stop judging others. Judge yourself. And then some more and some more! Why did the Pharisees all go away? They should have repented.

John 8v41,44
42. Pharisee imagines God is their father, when his father is the devil. It is the nature of Satan. The height of blindness it to judge and accuse And think you are with God. There is hypocrisy everywhere

John 8v44
43. Pharisee is a liar and murderer. They wanted to murder the woman with stoning. The devil tells about your sins. If you daughter fell into sins would you tell people. Why don’t you do that when other people’s daughter does that? I believe God is sick and tired of this and so am I. When people start to backslide they start to lie. You are also a murderer when you start that. When you lie your tongue is of the devil

John 9v34
44. Pharisee persecute those who wont listen to them They have a great desire to put people out of the church. Your goal must always be to win him. Not wait for an opportunity to put them out.

John 11v47
45. Pharisee is Jealous of those who can do miracle that he can’t do. There are miracles happening everywhere but you want see them on television. Don’t talk about it. Keep it quiet. Even pilot knew that Jesus did miracles.

John 8v41,44 John 9v16
46. A Pharisee judges even Godly people by not keeping a ritual. Don’t test a man’s godliness on this. People who have done nothing for God often criticize.

Matthew 12v38-42
47. Pharisee can’t live by simple faith.

John7v49
48. Pharisee has no concern for lost sinners.

Mark 7v1-13
49. Pharisee values tradition more than God’s word.

Luke 16v15
50. A Pharisee justifies himself.
Sometimes you have to take the blame These are the people that miss paradise.

2008/4/4 1:57Profile
theopenlife

Re:

Some of those broke bones. I have called my time Corban, instead of calling my family to tell them how worthy Christ is of worship. Please pray that the Lord wold grant me strong repentance.

2008/4/4 2:28Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

This is very strong and necessary, may God root out all Pharisism from all our hearts. Oh to be fully like Christ.

2008/4/5 14:07Profile
Josef83

Sweden

Re:

thank you for posting this.
i have wanted to read that book.
its heartbreakin and really exposing as usal when brother poonen is speaking.

2010/8/21 21:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy